Page 322 of 325 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 4875

Thread: Japan

I do Double tracks with single tracks. Just putting them in The Yellow and Gray lines. And if I make a curve that's 2 track I usually put the gradients side to side.

Fun fact about me is that I can finish Trackwork within a Week or 2 (Depends cause I have school.)

Quote Originally Posted by ricardolucasandoval View Post
    I do Double tracks with single tracks. Just putting them in The Yellow and Gray lines. And if I make a curve that's 2 track I usually put the gradients side to side.

Fun fact about me is that I can finish Trackwork within a Week or 2 (Depends cause I have school.)
    so can you make the JMA shinkansen tracks into double tracks? It will be easier for me to build stations and etc.

Blog Entries

Hi Rowletmaster,

To help you on the way. You can open my route Electro Island ( I believe you have that downloaded because I saw you making screenshots on my route) and then go into track>get track so you can get an idea which tracks I used. Make also sure you download all JMA tracks.

There are JMA tracks without Shinkansen bridges so you can make them your own. Double tracking is as simple as laying two straight stretches near each other. What you can do is place trains on them to measure the distance between them (also don't save the trains in the route).

What also helps is make a simple route sketch on paper or in a paint program and try to make that in Trainz. In my blog (which you can visit from my profile) you can find a map of my fantasy region. I made a map in Photoshop and then tried to model from that in Trainz.

Take small steps and then expand slowly. The nicest if you have the Shinkansen interplay with other routes. Like others have said. Shinkansen on its own can get boring quickly but in combination with slower speed tracks it becomes interesting.

In real Japan you also have the Tokaido Main line. This real line (the old one before the Shinkansen was built) crosses the Shinkansen several times leading to sometimes spotting the fast trains from the main line trains. And of course the Tokyo area is very interesting because of all those train types.

So try to envision a scenario like that or go rural and do something Hokkaido. Trainz has the tools to make your imagination real. Don't expect it to go quick. Building routes is a really painful process with a steep learning curve.

If you don't have the patience for that. (and I don't mean that in a rude way but really just as an advice) then you could maybe better take a look at Cities Skylines. Nowadays City Skylines has many mods including Shinkansen. You can see that in the following video. The only thing that is not realisitic that it is still a city builder and the trains go too fast. And the train operations itself are not realistic. But otherwise it looks terrific. I am quite tempted myself but I stay building my route in Trains
    Last edited by pagroove; October 19th, 2019 at 07:23 AM.

Well thanks for the advices
    and I wanna ask, since you can just put 2 straight tracks and makes a duo track. Can’t I make a set of duo track in a item? Like(there is a track item call (2 track wood, which is basically another track item called 1 track wood but combined together as a duo track) I wanted to try and make the JMA shinkansen track just like the 2 track wood item. So how can I make the JMA track like the 2 track wood without using the paper blueprint ?

So, clone the two-track source and alter the tracks used in the config file. You won't be happy with a double-track, though. It cannot be straightened (any more than it is), doesn't work well around corners unless they are very wide radius, and sometimes signalling them is a bear.

Bill
    Name: Bill (CTR1, USN, Retired 1961--1980)
    User ID: 202442
    Trainzer since: 2004
    Currently using: T:ANE (build 94808)

Alright...thanks for the tip...maybe I should just stay with the old plan and yea this will be a long way...
    still tho just to let you know. The Shinkansen that will be running on my route will be actually most of the Shinkansen that we have now apart from ? (0 series, E7s and the pink e4)
    the route will have 3 worlds(not in different routes) for now but hey this is gonna be a long wae

Quote Originally Posted by rowletmaster View Post
    Guys...i might need to give up on the Shinkansen route project already...
    reason : is to hard to make my first terminal station without a JMA double track
    You should use single tracks to connect to the stations. But if you're getting fustrated by the track laying wait till you have to put up the wires. REALL PAIN IN THE BUTT!! Still you should'nt give up this early!! As I'm sure you've heard everyone said, making a route takes time. You just gotta keep at it.

Thank you railshuttle, but just I case I’m going to use (I’m just doing this for fun) face to make this route. So yea this is gonna be slow...

No Prob. Take all the time you need. Oh don't forget to make a yard for your bullet trains.

United States of America, In Front Of My PC

Lay multi track splines (double and quad) for straightaways, and use single tracks to connect in curves.

When the trackwork is finally done (years from now) replace all the straightaways (double and quad) multi track splines, with single tracks.

Years down the road, when all the trackwork is completely done, then add the catenary in.

Or put the catenary on a separate layer.
    I want all my performance sliders set to "Full"

Now, i don't remember exactly who asked, but here is the re-edition of the Tohoku Shinkansen 200 Series reskin:

DOWNLOAD
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1V4...eI96VT4c5wqHt3

The .CDP contains the individual cars plus a ready-to-run consist.

This is a reskin of Keimei's 0 Series, thus, given the numerous difference between it and the 200 Series, this is not nearly as accurate as it should be, thus it must be considered as a placeholder, rather than a full-fledged reskin.

For those instead that are looking at Japanese names for their stations, i have made a little list with all the most common prefixes and suffixes, plus some naming examples.
    Note that some transcriptions or translations might not be 100% accurate. If someone knows better, please tell me.

DOWNLOAD (it's an universal .txt file)
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=18P...cMWSMvGRw-aCR5

And the last thing, it's a bit of a test:

Remember the old 90s-Anime-style station and driver characters, wearing fictional uniforms made by Keimei?

Now they wear the old iconic mustard-colored Teito Rapid Transit Authority uniform. They can be placed at station and as drivers on any train that ran trough the Eidan Subway Lines in Tokyo, from the 1960s up to 2004.

This is also a reskin, and as said before, is a quite experimental one, but i plan to make also other uniforms (for example, those of Choshi Electric Railway, Izu Kyuko Railway and the old ones from Odakyu).

DOWNLOAD
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aS...HJHJX-y9P8g2Ta
    The .CDP file contains five station attendants (those in the picture above) and two drivers (driver meshes).

Small Note:
    "Eisenbahnerinen" is German plural for "Railway Girl" wich is the original name of the ones made by Keimei (kDB Eisenbahnerin 0X) downloadable on the DLS.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AlexMaria View Post
    Now, i don't remember exactly who asked, but here is the re-edition of the Tohoku Shinkansen 200 Series reskin:

Wow all very good additions and very nice reskins of the anime characters. Arigato AlexMaria .

Are there any differences between the new reissued reskin of the 200 and the older one? I got the older one.

Quote Originally Posted by pagroove View Post
    Arigato AlexMaria!
    Prego!
    (You're Welcome!)

Quote Originally Posted by pagroove View Post

Are there any differences between the new reissued reskin of the 200 and the older one? I got the older one.
    No, not really.

The only main difference may be the consist, wich in this version more closely resembles actual 200 series ones.

For the rest, this version is largely identical to the older one

I can't recall the exact details regarding wich carriages i have used to make the old reskin (i probably used a couple different base models in this new version) my suggestion would be to delete the old version and install the new (except if the old version has already been inserted into a driving session, as they are really completely different than actual 200s they can possibly only be used as "background" or "yard-fillers" trains, a job that the old version does quite well, thus replacing them would only be a waste of time).
    Last edited by AlexMaria; October 21st, 2019 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Just noticed that this is my #200th post. What a coincidence...

Thanks for the reskins AlexMaria!! can always use more cute train drivers!!

So...I believe you guys should have hirochi’s Jr500 and n700 Sakura right?
    is the property of train still working for you guys?