Japan

Thanks. I do know there's is Texture reflections issues with Keimei's models, but there are still fun to drive.

Ah, well, the problem could be caused by TS19 corrupting or not being able to load correctly some of the texture files; the "reflection" ones atleast.

you know guys i feel this might be weird...

my mind suddenly came up with this, having to build one of MTR (Mass Transit Railway) line but with japanese track and rolling stock.

Do you guys think that be a great idea?

you know guys i feel this might be weird...

my mind suddenly came up with this, having to build one of MTR (Mass Transit Railway) line but with japanese track and rolling stock.

Do you guys think that be a great idea?

I actually once considered to make the actual 1980s MTR "Modified Initial System" (Kwun Tong to Charter/Central) - i did make a few things here and there, including an early attempt at a Metro-Cammel (unrefurbished) M-stock train and track laying for the overground section of the line (Kwun Tong to Kowloon Bay), but the project fell trough, mainly because of the massive work needed to make almost any asset from scratch and also because usable references were few.

Later i also considered to make the pre-merger, still-KCR, East Rail Line; again with a few things done (including a reskin of the Re460 electric and EMD G12 diesel locomotives) before the project eventually fell trough for the same reasons as the other one.

well tho for that project, i think i just needed a few reskins or something, again i am using japanese train as the stock to run the line and since nobody have ever made a MTR related train so yea

Hi all,

I made a new EF81 repaint. It's about the Twilight Express EF81 operated by JR-West.

Its available on my website.
50620937263_6928c35cb9_k.jpg
[/URL]2020-11-19 190333 by Jeffrey Rackels, on Flickr[/IMG]I'm going to make a whole series of these EF81's because they are easy to repaint.

Finally made something that i wanted to do for quite a long time - the E257-500 Series!

E257-500-Series-1024x551.jpg

It can be downloaded from my website here or directly from here

All the necessary dependencies are included in the package or are avaible on the DLS. Dependencies not made by me belong to their respective authors.

Many thanks to TreinspotterJeffery for helping me solve an issue with the reskin i had no clue how to deal with it.

The E257-500 Series was introduced in 2004 to replace the ageing 183 and 189 Serieses and to supplement the 255 Series on limited express services from Tokyo to the Boso Area. Built by Hitachi, Kinki Sharyo and Tokyu Car Co., the nineteen 5-car sets were all delivered between July 2004 and October 2005, with the first set entering in service on the 16th October 2004, with the whole fleet allocated to the Makuhari Vehicle center.

The E257-500 Series is generally derived from the E257-0 Series in service on the Chuo Line, but fetaures several differences, namely the motor/trailer ratio, wich was increased to 3M2T, to cope with the steeply-graded undergrond link line between Tokyo Station and the Sobu Main Line; the presence of a gangway on both ends of all trains and the use of an electro-pneumantic brake control, as opposed to the electric-only control of the E257-0 Series.

The trains were also fitted in a white, yellow and blue/purple livery based on the one of the earlier 255 Series.
At the time of their introduction, E257-500 Series trains were assigned to the Sanzami and Wakashio limited expresses (on the Sotobo and Uchibo Lines respectively) and with the completion of the deliveries in 2005, the new trains started to run also the Shiosai and Ayame Limited expresses (with the former starting not from Tokyo, but from Shinjuku station) and later also on the Ohayo and Home Liners Zushi, finally replacing the older 183 and 189 Series with the timetable change of the 10th of December 2005.

As of today, all nineteen 5-car sets are still in service, but due to the reduction of express services between Tokyo and the Boso peninsula, surplus E257-500 Series trains are now being used also as “reinforcments” on Chuo Line services, namely the Fuji Excursion train (wich runs trough-services on the Fujikyuko Railway) and other charter trains. Furhtemore, four E257-500 Series sets are planned to be converted into E257-2500 Series sets for Odoriko limited express services on the Tokaido Main Line.

Last edited:
Introducing the Seibu 9000 Series on the Toshin Yellow Line
Seibu-9000-Series.jpg

The Toshin Yellow Line placed an order of these trains to replace the JR 201 and 205 Series from the 80s. The train do features automatic station announcements that where not introduced on the older trains

Introducing the Seibu 9000 Series on the Toshin Yellow Line
The Toshin Yellow Line placed an order of these trains to replace the JR 201 and 205 Series from the 80s. The train do features automatic station announcements that where not introduced on the older trains

@ Driver Nice to see you enjoying the route.
@ Alexmaria downloaded your trains. I noticed no problems with them in Trainz 2019. That said I still didn't specifically looked for the problems that you have mentioned.
@ TreinspotterJeffry

Very nice repaints of the EF81. I've visited your website. I would be very interested to see some screenshots of your Japanese fantasy region. Also I am looking forward to your rendition of the Enoden line.:)

Also your screenshot of the yellow line. Did you make announcements for the line or is that a written piece of fictional history. I was thinking of making a session for the Yellow line in the future with announcements like i've done in my Colden Shinkansen n700-8000 Interactive session

Preparing Icarus Shinkansen 1.5. release candidate

Today I am preparing the release candidate of Icarus Shinkansen 1.5. As stated earlier this version will not be finished. For example not all stations have been named and the scenery in Ikaruko is still not ready. I wanted however get a version up at the dis for backup version and the quality of the areas that are done should be on par (if not better) than Electro Island.

Last edited:
@Pagroove Glad to hear you like the repaints. I have added some screenshots of the fictional Japanese route, so be sure to check them out!

Anyway, as promised, I made some new EF81 repaints. But, they are not actually EF81s!

It's about a JRF EF67 and a JNR EF70!

You can download them here on my website!

50632750613_fd4c097c36.jpg
[/URL]EF67 by Jeffrey Rackels, on Flickr[/IMG]
50633493076_31259bcf19.jpg
[/URL]EF70 by Jeffrey Rackels, on Flickr[/IMG]

Finally made something that i wanted to do for quite a long time - the E257-500 Series!

E257-500-Series-1024x551.jpg

It can be downloaded from my website here or directly from here

All the necessary dependencies are included in the package or are avaible on the DLS. Dependencies not made by me belong to their respective authors.

Many thanks to TreinspotterJeffery for helping me solve an issue with the reskin i had no clue how to deal with it.

The E257-500 Series was introduced in 2004 to replace the ageing 183 and 189 Serieses and to supplement the 255 Series on limited express services from Tokyo to the Boso Area. Built by Hitachi, Kinki Sharyo and Tokyu Car Co., the nineteen 5-car sets were all delivered between July 2004 and October 2005, with the first set entering in service on the 16th October 2004, with the whole fleet allocated to the Makuhari Vehicle center.

The E257-500 Series is generally derived from the E257-0 Series in service on the Chuo Line, but fetaures several differences, namely the motor/trailer ratio, wich was increased to 3M2T, to cope with the steeply-graded undergrond link line between Tokyo Station and the Sobu Main Line; the presence of a gangway on both ends of all trains and the use of an electro-pneumantic brake control, as opposed to the electric-only control of the E257-0 Series.

The trains were also fitted in a white, yellow and blue/purple livery based on the one of the earlier 255 Series.
At the time of their introduction, E257-500 Series trains were assigned to the Sanzami and Wakashio limited expresses (on the Sotobo and Uchibo Lines respectively) and with the completion of the deliveries in 2005, the new trains started to run also the Shiosai and Ayame Limited expresses (with the former starting not from Tokyo, but from Shinjuku station) and later also on the Ohayo and Home Liners Zushi, finally replacing the older 183 and 189 Series with the timetable change of the 10th of December 2005.

As of today, all nineteen 5-car sets are still in service, but due to the reduction of express services between Tokyo and the Boso peninsula, surplus E257-500 Series trains are now being used also as “reinforcments” on Chuo Line services, namely the Fuji Excursion train (wich runs trough-services on the Fujikyuko Railway) and other charter trains. Furhtemore, four E257-500 Series sets are planned to be converted into E257-2500 Series sets for Odoriko limited express services on the Tokaido Main Line.

Hey I downloaded the set but It wouldn't show up due to this unknown kluid : Unknown Location: <kuid:930825:100620>Any Idea what it is and where I can get it to make your train work?

Uploaded the TS12 SP4 version of Icarus Shinkansen v1.5. POB (Public Online Backup) version yesterday. Should also compatible with Trainz Mac 2.

The two unknown dependencies you are getting are items from Matura. They are non critical. But I will start a release there when all versions are up in the freeware forum with Kuidnrs. But If you want you can jus open the route for edit and use delete unkown dependencies. They are non-critical for the route.

Will be rolling out the TANE SP3 version tomorrow and the TRS19 version in the weekend (the last is more complex due to the fact that I have to try to exclude the inbuilt payware items from TANE (ECML is built in and I used some items from that ) and some other items.

Anyway the TRS12 users can soon try out the new version. (and last version made for that platform)

Alright. Looking forward to it. Anyways, I will show what I will be using on the Icarus Shinkasen
Icarus-Shinkansen-Fleet.jpg

E2, E4, E5, H5, E6, E7 or W7, and ALFA Shinkansen trains. Ignore the S2 Shinkansen in the shot. That train is being use on the Colden Shinkansen

So, taking advantage of the sales, i bought Trainz 2019 and both the Chiyoda Branch Line and Tokyo Metro 08 Series DLCs for a grand total of just 24€...

The transition between TZ12 and TZ19 is quite a steep one, so i'll have to get used to the new simulator, but i'm quite happy, as for the first time in my trainz history, i'm using the current-date version and not a years-old-obsolete one!

I'm also quite happy that my content works fine in TZ19, and looks relatively good, altough there's simply no comparison with others' stuff. Unfortunately, the old TZ12 content manager (and Trainz 12 altogheter) has given me the boot, so i'll have to slowly download all of my own stuff from my own website.

Both the Chiyoda Branch Line and the 08 Series are quite nice DLCs, but there are many things that can be fixed or improved (track alignment and smaller details on the Chiyoda Branch Line, textures and dependencies on the 08 Series), so i'll try making improvements by myself and i may relase them on my website later. Surely both DLCs aren't worth their full price, so my wholehearted suggestion is to buy them only when there is a sale going on.

hanzomon.png

Back