Japan

Thank you. I'm working hard to make the route available. But I think I miscalculated the amount of work. So it will be at earliest next year. I will look forward to the reworking of the 103 fleet. I like the train but in default status it is a bit boring. However with your sound and enginespec it is a very nice experience. Also with the nice
cockpit that Hirochi made. BTW I miss Hirochi :'(.

A request. Could you make also a good 32 notches engine spec for the Odakyu 4000 or a general Japan EMU engine spec for realistic mode?I have an updated engine sound but the engine spec that are standard on these trains are a bit unrealistic as the train is accelerating like a rocket.:hehe:.

The two 32-notches enginespecs (one for motor coaches and one trailer coaches) are actually intended to be used as universal enginespec for any kind of Japanese commuter EMU (and intended to be used with Hirochi's EMU cabs, where the master controller always has 32 notches).

Among the trains that will undergo my "enginespec and enginesound change program" there are all of my older reskins (and their new variants).

I do accept (and i'm happy to recieve) requests for this kind of stuff.

So far this incomplete list of the models in the works (or planned to be worked on) includes:

Models by Rizky_Adiputra (and reskinned by me - trains in bold are the completed ones)

201 Series (and variants)
205 Series (and variants)
209-500 Series (and variants)
E231-0 Series (and variants)
E231-500 Series
E231-900 Series
E233 Series (all subseries except for the -2000)
Sotetsu 10000 Series
Sotetsu 11000 Series
Tokyu 5000 Series (and variants)
Tokyo Metro 6000 Series (and reskinned variants & 7000 Series)
Tokyo Metro 01 Series (and reskinned variants & 02 Series)

Models by Keimei (and reskinned by me - trains in bold are the completed ones)

103 Series (all variants)
105 Series
119 Series
KuMoYuNi railcars (and variants)
Hanshin rolling stock
Hanshin 8000 Series (reskin)
Hanshin 7101 Series (reskin)

Hankyu rolling stock

[...]

Models by Hirochi and reskinned by me

Tobu 50900 Series

[...]

Models by Kenichiro, Upgraded by Hirochi and reskinned by me

113 Series
115 Series
415 Series

[...]

maybe in the future i'll post the full list of all the models i have in the works... (including those i plan to make).

But for now, i'd like to get the confirmation of the permission to proceed from the original authors (i already got the permission for a reskin, but i'd like to hear the opinion of the models' authors regarding the enginespec and enginesound change).

Last edited:
Nice pics Pagroov. I'll be working on the western segments of my new route so there wont be any JR pics from me for a while.
AlexMaria: where can I get the new freight moter?
Highballer: that cantenary would work as a stand alone item you could put between the splines if someone were to make it. Where did you take that picture at?

My very slow progress on Lake Biwa line :sleep:

Kusatsu Station

78571186_2615717835183689_7767906911294324736_o.jpg

Yasu

78746798_2615719148516891_9079862035440730112_o.jpg

Ishiyama (WIP)

78421208_2615718601850279_2485267059005456384_o.jpg

I am a big fan of the Japanese girl group Perfume. I'm planning to make a 'Perfume Train' repaint in the future. However this will be fictional as I believe the only ever real Perfume Train that did run was a special paint of the Fukuoka Subway.

However related to this is the Japanese Singer Kyaru Pamyu Pamyu. Both acts where produced by the same producer Yasutaka Nakata. I just read that Seibu Railway honoured her by running a train with her livery on the Seibu Ikebukuro Line ( a Seibu 9000 series) KPP livery. It would be fun to have that train someday in Trainz. Yes I'm crazy :hehe:.

The picture of the fun train attached.

Article with a lovely pic of Kyaru as a cute train conductor is :
here

"
%E8%A5%BF%E6%AD%A69101F.jpg

I am a big fan of the Japanese girl group Perfume. I'm planning to make a 'Perfume Train' repaint in the future. However this will be fictional as I believe the only ever real Perfume Train that did run was a special paint of the Fukuoka Subway.

Yes, on set No.2 of the Fukuoka Municipal Subway 2000 Series (six 6-car sets, built in 1993, in service on the Kuko and Hakozaki Lines). It ran with the special liviery from 21 October to 19 November 2016.

However related to this is the Japanese Singer Kyaru Pamyu Pamyu. Both acts where produced by the same producer Yasutaka Nakata. I just read that Seibu Railway honoured her by running a train with her livery on the Seibu Ikebukuro Line ( a Seibu 9000 series) KPP livery. It would be fun to have that train someday in Trainz. Yes I'm crazy :hehe:.

You want to know an even crazier thing?

I'm actually planning to make not one, but both trains (the Fukuoka Municipal Subway 2000 Series is actually one of my favourite trains), maybe starting with the Seibu 9000 Series (and it's lookalike, the later-batches 2000 Series), as it might be far easier to make (i actually started to collect a few reference images a while ago).

Altough, maybe, you'll have to wait until the next year, as i'm still working on all the reskins refurbishment, plus now i've been making the 2000, 2100, 3000 and 4000 Series trains of the Barcelona Metro, and i have a few more (non-Japanese) trains (and trolleybusses) to make, before i will start working on the Seibu 9000/2000 Series.

You want to know an even crazier thing?

I'm actually planning to make not one, but both trains (the Fukuoka Municipal Subway 2000 Series is actually one of my favourite trains), maybe starting with the Seibu 9000 Series (and it's lookalike, the later-batches 2000 Series), as it might be far easier to make (i actually started to collect a few reference images a while ago).

Altough, maybe, you'll have to wait until the next year, as i'm still working on all the reskins refurbishment, plus now i've been making the 2000, 2100, 3000 and 4000 Series trains of the Barcelona Metro, and i have a few more (non-Japanese) trains (and trolleybusses) to make, before i will start working on the Seibu 9000/2000 Series.

Wow AlexMaria that would be very cool. Maybe with some nice figurines to match. I wouldnt mind some A-Chan, Nocchi, Kashiyuka and Kyari Train conductors. :p. Just joking. And take your time. This is just a little wish and I would be happy if it becomes a reality in the virtual Trainz world one day.

Happy Christmas to evryone!

A little different from my usual reskins of 1970s electric multiple units, here's a new pack: JR Shikoku 2000 and N2000 Series limited-express tilting diesel multiple units, reskins of Hirochi's anpanman 2000 Series (JRH SHIKOKU 2000).

tse.png

from left to right: 2000 Series prototype "TSE", 2000 Series full-production trains, N2000 Series pre-production set in old & new livieries.

All of these have been refurbished with new enginespecs, hornsounds and interiors (made by Hirochi).

2000 Series prototype "TSE"

By the late 1980s, the newly formed JR Shikoku was losing passengers to the then-being-built Motorways, wich were competing with an old, unelectrified and tortuous railway network.
The competition was particularily felt on the Dosan Line, wich is one of the most important railway lines in Shikoku (connecting the north of the island to the city of Kochi), via the inland mountains.
To increase speeds on the line, JR Shikoku introduced tiliting trains.

A tilting train is a train that has the ability to tilt the body inwards on curves, lessening the centrifugal force effect and thus can run faster than conventional trains on curves, while maintaining the same saftey level (and in some case even safer).
Tilting trains were initially developed as experimental trains by many different countries in the 1970s, including France, the United Kingdom and Japan.
Notably, the JNR developed one of the first tilting express EMUs, the 381 Series of 1973, using a”passive tilt” system (where the body tilts when the train is already in curve).

The ideal solution was developed in Italy, with an “active tilt” system (the body tilts before entering a curve) being employed firstly on the experimental ETR401 Series of 1974, giving birth to the famous “Pendolino” family of trains (ETR450, ETR460, ETR470…), wich became the standard to wich all tilting trains are compared to.

Back to Shikoku, the “Tilting Super express” DMU project was classified “2000 Series” by JR Shikoku (using a system more akin to a private railway than to the one of JNR), with a prototype 3-car set manufactured by Fuji Heavy Industries.
The prototype set had two different front ends: an aeredoynamic one, and a flat one, used for coupling other sets.
While being world’s first tilting DMU, it was by far not the first tilting train, nor the tilting system was particularily advanced (in fact it still was an obsolete passive-tilt system).

Similarily to highway busses (wich the 2000 Series was to compete with), it had individual regulable air conditioning vents, and was fitted with a front camera, so that front-view footage could be broadcast on a TV screen in the passenger compartment.
It entered service in 1989, assigned to Takamatsu depot for use on “Nampu” and “Shimanto” express trains, using the Yosan and Dosan Lines.

It won both the “Laurel Prize” (a yearly prize awarded by the Japan Railfan Association to outstanding vehicles wich entered service the year before) and the “Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers” award in 1990.
Also in 1990, with the introduction of full-production sets, it was moved to Matsuyama depot, for use on “Shiokaze” services between Matsuyama and Okayama (via the Seto-Oashi Bridge).

With the introduction of the 8000 Series EMU, in 1993 the “TSE” prototype set was moved back to Takamatsu depot, and was assigned on “Ashizuri” and “Shimanto” trains, with trough-services with the Tosa Kuroshio Railway.
In 2003 it was moved back again to Matsuyama, for use on “Uwa” and “Ishizuchi” trains, but by then, it was used very sparcely.
It was retired on the 3rd July 2018, and scrapped in 2019.

Trivia:

The 2000 Series was named after the (then) to-come year 2000, and this 4-digit classification system (more akin to a private railway one) remains in use with JR Shikoku as of today.

2000 Series full-production sets

After the successful testing of the pre-production “TSE” set, JR Shikoku ordered the mass-production of 2000 Series sets in 1990.

These were largely identical to the pre-production set, except for a train headmark roller-blind placed on the front and a few details of the liviery, such as the yellow line painted on the front to improve the train’s visibility, especially during nighttime.
They entered service in the summer of 1990, replacing the JNR-designed ageing KiHa 181 and the relatively modern KiHa 185 (also a JNR design), and as of now they’re JR Shikoku’s main limited express DMU.

Trivia:
In 1991 a 2000 Series set was tested by JR West on it’s Geibi Line.

N2000 Series pre-production set (cars 2424 & 2458) - old liviery

The N2000 Series was introduced in 1995 as an improvement of the 2000 Series, specially designed for the Kotoku Line (Takamatsu-Tokushima) and based on the Chizu Express Railway HOT7000 Series, introduced the year before.

Unlike the standard 2000 Series sets, these did not have aereodynamic front cars, but could still operate in multiple-unit working with standard 2000s nonetheless.
A pre-production set formed by cars 2424 and 2458 was delivered in 1995, with a liviery largely resembling the 2000s one, but with red accents (particularily the doors).

N2000 Series pre-production set (cars 2424 & 2458) - new liviery
Full-production N2000 Series sets entered service in 1997, their appearance was slightly redesigned, with a more modern-looking front with top-mounted headlights.

They also ditched the light blue liviery of the 2000 Series trains for a striking red and blue one, wich was also applied to the pre-production cars 2424 and 2458.
The two pre-production cars are still in service with this liviery, operating in multiple-unit working with standard N2000 Series cars or 2000 Series sets (or both).

Tosa Kuroshio Railway 2000 Series
In 1990, ahead of the planned start of trough-running services with JR Shikoku, the Tosa Kuroshio Railway bought one 4-car set of the 2000 Series, then JR Shikoku’s newest train (and the one to be used for inter-running services).

Identical to JR Shikoku’s ones (it even used the same liviery, with the addition of small Tosa Kuroshio Railway logos in the middle of the cars’ sides), the 4-car set composed of units 2030-2130-2230-2231 entered service in november 1990.

While being property of Tosa Kuroshio Railway, the sole 2000 Series set is based at a JR Shikoku Depot (Kochi), serviced and maintained by JR Shikoku and operated only by JR Shikoku drivers and conductors.

The JR Shikoku-style liviery was carried briefly, as this 2000 Series set was repainted by Tosa Kuroshio Railway into an anpanman-themed train in 2001 (following the success of a similar initiative by JR Shikoku the year before), and hasn’t been repainted to it’s original liviery since.

DOWNLOADS:

2000 Series prototype "TSE"
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bYr3v5uVHnqgHN-nbUSoT3h0lvteUZzd/view

2000 Series full-production sets
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1afjTo1g_8KPBBU72qaUSWRjDOezI-ZQ3/view

N2000 Series pre-production set (cars 2424 & 2458) - old liviery
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pXEpCKrA_aFpT6x-f6POElFcV9bsEecf/view

N2000 Series pre-production set (cars 2424 & 2458) - new liviery
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WYwpYQ5tMwnRZvGUpyzGZU1-vrr0xxkl/view

Tosa Kuroshio Railway 2000 Series
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LTHMhK4s47HXmiUVdV7ms5avKZIyf7vx/view

These are reskins of Hirochi's Anpanman 2000 Series (JRH SHIKOKU 2000) avaible on the DLS.
All the dependencies are either avaible on the DLS or included in these packages.

Last edited:
A very early WIP. I'm not sure if much is going to come of it, considering there is the train itself and then the entire infrastructure to consider. It's a lot of work, and then apparently the standard for content creation in Trainz has advanced so much, I can't even import a simple house into the game anymore because the process has become so complex. Now I have to relearn everything.

Sorry for the poor resolution, I was too lazy to do anything about it.

79936778_10220657207364833_7858970006199992320_o.jpg

So Patrice I wanna ask something, so I just downloaded your Icarus Shinkansen V1.0. sP4
when I went into the map I found out that the at the start of the line, it has the same route as your electro island V4.0 map:
so is it true that your electric island and icarus Shinkansen are connected to each other?

A very early WIP. I'm not sure if much is going to come of it, considering there is the train itself and then the entire infrastructure to consider. It's a lot of work, and then apparently the standard for content creation in Trainz has advanced so much, I can't even import a simple house into the game anymore because the process has become so complex. Now I have to relearn everything.

The Shonan Monorail!

Nice!

So Patrice?

Patrice? LOL my forum name is pagroove. Never mind

But yes The Icarus Shinkansen and the Electro Island Colden Shinkansen come together in the Fictious city of Shin Hanyo. The two routes are indeed to be connected in te future.

@ Alexmaria.

Very nice. Thans for the reskins.

Back