Japan

Latest project of Hanwa Line.

Finishing process.

Numbering the platform based on train doors, so driving experience will be tricky especially stopping at the right position. Because if you miss, then the doors are not positioned as the marks do.

Bonus: Takagi Photosession

dateposted-family
dateposted-family

dateposted-family

dateposted-family
dateposted-family

dateposted-family

こ。。。これ。。。これは。。。

ま。。。まさか!

すばらしですね!

おめでとごさいます!

(t-this... this is... impossible! it's wonderful! Congratulations!)

Last edited:

Finishing process.

Numbering the platform based on train doors, so driving experience will be tricky especially stopping at the right position. Because if you miss, then the doors are not positioned as the marks do.

dateposted-family
dateposted-family

dateposted-family

すごい。 Trainzを使用してアニメ映画を作成できるようになりました。

Wonderfull Trainz can now be used to make anime movies.

これらのルートを販売するか、フリーウェアとしてリリースするかについてのニュースはありますか?

Do you have any news on if you are gonna sell those routes or release them as freeware?

So the Anime Characters look like that in trainz 19? This has a lot of potential as far as making people. I vote Kenshiro for a train driver!!

I modified Rizky's original 205-0 mesh. So the cabin is still in 205-0 shape :D

heres the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ILFmTulwmlGCe4och1hKgAzAx6zQv6i8
shout out to rizky for sharing his 205 model.

Nice!
Now the only variant left of the 205 Series is the questionable-looking Sagami Line 205-500 Series (and maybe even the 207-900 Series, wich is just a 205 Series bodyshell with a front emergency door).

I have something new too - i've finally finished the Tokyu 8090 & 8590 Serieses pack!

tokyu.jpg

DOWNLOAD (errors fixed)

As with the Tokyu 1000 Series pack, all the dependencies are either included in this pack or are avaible on the DLS, except for the pantographs wich must be downloaded from Rizky's website (they're included in the freeware EMU packs).

The consists avaible are:

1980 - mid 90s - Tokyu 8090 Series (low headlights, old windows) - Toyoko Line - 8-car set
1980 - mid 90s - Tokyu 8090 Series (high headlights, old windows) - Toyoko Line - 8-car set
mid 90s - 2006 - Tokyu 8090 Series (low headlights) - Toyoko Line - 8-car set
mid 90s - 2006 - Tokyu 8090 Series (high headlights) - Toyoko Line - 8-car set
1997 - 2014 - Tokyu 8590 Series - Denentoshi Line - 10-car set
2014 - 2019 - Tokyu 8590 Series - Denentoshi Line (later years) - 10-car set
2006 - 2011 - Tokyu 8090 Series (low headlights) - Oimachi Line - 5-car set
2006 - 2013 - Tokyu 8090 Series (high headlights) - Oimachi Line - 5-car set
2006 - 2013 - Tokyu 8590 Series - Oimachi Line - 5-car set
2006 only - Tokyu 8090 Series (no logos) - Oimachi Line - 5-car set

2010 - today - Chichibu Railway 7500 Series (low headlights) - 3-car set
2010 - today - Chichibu Railway 7500 Series (high headlights) - 3-car set
2013 - today - Chichibu Railway 7800 Series - 2-car set

2013 - today - Toyama Chiho Railway 17480 Series (former Oimachi Line cars) - 2-car set
2019 - today - Toyama Chiho Railway 17480 Series (former Denentoshi Line cars) - 2-car set

A little bit of history...

The Tokyu 8090 Series was designed in the mid-1970s to be a testbed for new rolling stock manufacturing tecniques. It's main fetaure was it's use of a lightweight stainless-steel body developed by Tokyu Car Co. (nowdays J-TREC, it was a rolling stock manufacturer formerly owned by Tokyu Railway itself) using a computerized mathematical analysis program to calculate strain and fatigue, derived from those used in aircraft design, wich resoulted in a bodyshell about 24% lighter (a weight reduction of 2 tons per car or about 8% for a whole train) than conventional stainless-steel ones (such as those used on Tokyu's 8000 and 8500 Series trains).
This actually made the 8090 Series one of the world's first trains desinged with the help of computers, and this type of lightweight stainless steel bodyshell was subsequently used on many other trains, peaking in 1985, when it was selected by JNR (with a few modifications) to be the bodyshell of what was to be it's "savior commuter train": the 205 Series.

Back to Tokyu, two prototype intermediate motor cars (DeHa 8401 and 8402) were manufactured in 1978. Inserted into a 8000 Series formation, they entered service on the Toyoko Line in the same year, and in 1980, the production of the new trains was started.

Originally intended to be classified as "9000 Series", they were later renumbered as the "8090 Series", making them part of the large 8000 Series family.
It might seem odd as they look completely different, but besides the bodyshell, the 8090 Series is actually very close to the 8000 Series, in fact they use the same bogeys, motors, pantographs, shunt-chopper traction control and other equipment, making them perfectly compatible (as said before, the two prototype motor cars were actually ran in a 8000 Series set).

The first 8090 Series trains entered service on the Toyoko Line on the 27th of December 1980, replacing the older 18m 3-door trains (5000, 5200 and 6000 Series), wich were displaced to the Oimachi Line.
The first three production sets had lower headlights, but from the fourth onward, the headights were placed at a more conventional middle-height. Eventually, all the older stock was displaced from the Toyoko Line by the mid 1980s.

An unexpected issue...

At the same time, the MinatoMirai Line project was brought forward jointly by Yokohama City and Tokyu Railway. The all-underground subway-like line was to serve the MinatoMirai development area, providing trough-service with the Tokyu Toyoko Line.
This proved to be quite a considerable problem for Tokyu Railway, as it's newest trains, the 8090 Series, couldn't be used on the new line: evry train running on subway or underground subway-like lines is required by Japanese Law to have (among other fetaures) a front emergency escape door, wich the 8090s lacked.

To solve this problem, Tokyu started the production of a modified version of the 8090 Series. Using the same bodyshell, but with the required front door, the 8590 Series entered service in 1988. This time, it was to be part of the 8500 Series family (itself also derived from the 8000 Series).
Actually, only cab cars were produced: a total of 10 (enough for 5 sets). The necessary 30 intermediate cars (6 + 2 cab cars per 5 sets) were obtained by an extensive re-formation of the 8090 Series fleet, wich resulted, among other things, in a 8090 Series set being reduced to 5 cars and moved to the Oimachi line and a conspicuous surplus of cab cars, wich remained stored at Tokyu's Nagatsuta depot for a while.

Time goes on, but the Minatomirai Line isn't ready yet...

In the mid-1990s, the whole 8090 Series fleet underwent the change of it's front windows, from a wide single one to three smaller ones (similar to the ones on 8590 Series trains) wich were easier to change if they were damaged.
At the same time, following the introduction of the actual 9000 Series and a Toyoko Line timetable change, another couple of 8590 Series sets became surplus. These were lenghtened to 10-car sets in 1997 and transferred to the Denentoshi Line, running Subway trough-services (TRTA's Hanzomon Line) as well, a first for the 8090/8590 Series family. Among the other things, they were also fitted with the round "K" sticker, wich indicated that these trains were not equipped with a radio compatible with Tobu railway's one, and thus were barred from running on the Tobu network.

... and when it opens, it's too late!

When the Minatomirai opened in 2004, Tokyu had already been carrying out a massive replacement of rolling stock with it's new 5000 Series. The 8590 Series did actually ran on the MinatoMirai line as it was intended, but only for a very short time: 2 years.
By 2006, both the 8090 and the 8590 Series trains on the Toyoko line were displaced by 5050 Series trains and transferred to the Oimachi Line, just like what happened to their predecessors in the 1980s.

Tranquility on the Oimachi Line (and on the Denentoshi Line too)...

Reformed into 13x 5-car sets, both 8090 and 8590 Series trains entered service on the Oimachi Line in 2006, replacing ther relatives, the 8000 and 8500 Series set, wich were later resold to third-sector railways (Izukyuko, Nagaden...) or abroad (to Indonesia).
At the same time, a new livery based on orange and yellow was introduced for Oimachi Line trains, to help distinguish them from Denentoshi and Toyoko Line trains. The most notable fetaure of this livery were the front "graduated" orange/yellow line, wich became the icon of the Line, and the Oimachi Line's own logo, wich is composed by a large arrow (the Oimachi Line itself) crossing several other smaller ones (the rest of Tokyu's network), a representation of the Line's route and function.

The two Denentoshi Line 10-car sets also still ran trouble free.

...Maybe.

When the Fukutoshin Line opened in 2013 and trough-services began on both sides of the Toyoko Line, Tokyu introduced an upgraded variant of the 5050 Series: the 5050-4000 Series, wich entered service in the same year, displacing 9000 Series sets to the Oimachi Line, in turn replacing in turn all the 8090 and 8590 Series trains already in service on the line, wich were all retired by late 2013.

Fast forward to 2019, the last two 8590 Series trains in service on the Denentoshi Line were replaced by Tokyu's 2020 Series (named after the summer Olympics), introduced a year earlier.
The last 8590 Series train was retired on the 27th of February 2019.

[continues in the following post]

Last edited:
[continues from the preceeding post]

An unsung career with an unexpected epilogue.

Around 2010, the Chichibu Railway in Saitama Prefecture ran most of it's services with ex-JNR 101 Series trains of 1957, wich after more than 50 years of hard work, were now almost crumbling. A solution was urgently needed, and the Oimachi Line surplus cars were one.
Chichibu Railway bought as much cars as it needed: seven 3-car sets classified as the "7800 Series" (derived from former 8090 Series sets, both with high and low headlights), wich entered service in 2010; plus four 2-car sets classified as the "7800 Series", wich were converted from 8090 Series intermediate motor cars and entered service in 2013. These were all former Oimachi Line cars, and they retained their distinctive "gradation" head band, altough with light green instead of red.
The 7500s and 7800s were also joined on the Chichibu Railway by the two 3-car sets of the 7000 Series, also former Tokyu stock (8500 Series), introduced in 2009. The three togheter replaced all the 12 1000 Series sets (the ex-JNR 101s) by 2014.

...and far away too!

Also in the same period, the Toyama Chiho Railway in Toyama Prefecture needed more trains, both to replace an older train damaged by a fire and to provide more capacity ahead of the Hokuriku Shinkansen extension to Toyama.

"Chitetsu" bought four former Oimachi Line 8590 Series cars, wich were reformed into two 2-car sets, converted to one-man operation and reclassified "17480 Series", using the railway's unique numbering scheme.
Still fitted into their Oimachi Line livery, they entered service in 2013 on the company's lines, wich were followed by two more 2-car sets (formed of former Denentoshi Line cars) in 2019; these too retained their Tokyu-era livery (including the "K" sticker).

As of today, both Chichibu Railway and Toyama Chiho Railway's former 8090/8590 Series trains are still operating, but no Tokyu trains have been preserved.

Trivia #1: almost a third...

At the same time as Chichibu Railway and Toyama Chiho Railway, the Joshin Railway in Gunma Prefecture was also evaluing whether buying surplus 8090 Series trains from Tokyu or 8000 Series trains from Tobu to expand it's fleet.
Ultimately, as the Tomioka Silk Mill (wich is located nearbay the line) was declared as World Heritage Site by the UNESCO, the Gunma Prefectural Government granted enough subsidies to the railway to buy an entirely new train: a single 2-car set of the 7000 Series, manufactured by Niigata Transys in 2013.

Trivia #2: Tokyu's last "running" 8090 Series...

...is at Tokyu's own museum (located near Miyazakidai Station on the Denentoshi Line). It's a full-cab simulator made by Ongakukan company (wich are known to be masters of this kind of things) reproducing an early-production 8090 Series set (with lower headlights and pre-1990s single-piece front windows). It enables you to drive a 8090 Series train for a few stops on either the Denentoshi, Oimachi or Toyoko Lines, with the supervision of an actual former Tokyu Railway driver.

This video from Ongakukan's official channel shows the simulator in operation, along with a practically flawless and seasoned-driver-like technique.
Even if it's hardly visible, the person holding the master controller is Mr. Minoru Mukaiya, Ongakukan's president, former Cassiopeia keybordist and one of Japan's most notable railfans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOXuewIJnDQ

Trivia #3: design quirks...

Two discarded late '70s design proposals for the 8090 Series, wich at the time was still classified "9000 Series". The rounded front design was eventually scrapped in favour of a simpler, flat one to contain costs.
(I actually like the bottom one more than the real thing)

8090prop.jpg

Also, i have an announcment to make:

This is probably going to be my last "made-from-zero" train for a while, as i'll be now focusing on updating all my older content, wich will be uploaded on my website. As soon as i finish, the website will open.

Last edited:
Thank you for these beautiful EMUs and providing background info about them! I honestly like that first design proposal more but that might just be me...

Unfortunately I am missing
<kuid:668654:100410> which appears to be an enginesound.

Last edited:
Thank you for these beautiful EMUs and providing background info about them! I honestly like that first design proposal more but that might just be me...

Unfortunately I am missing
<kuid:668654:100410> which appears to be an enginesound.

Strange. I haven't any enginesound (or content at all) with that KUID.

What cars have it missing?

The following five cars list that KUID as missing:

<kuid:668654:100956> Tokyu 8590 Series - Oimachi Line (no logos) - [T]
<kuid:668654:100988> Tokyu 8090 Series - Toyoko Line - [T]
<kuid:668654:100929> Tokyu 8590 Series - Denentoshi Line (later years) - [T]
<kuid:668654:100938> Tokyu 8590 Series - Denentoshi Line - [T]
<kuid:668654:100949> Tokyu 8590 Series - Oimachi Line [T]

The following five cars list that KUID as missing:

<kuid:668654:100956> Tokyu 8590 Series - Oimachi Line (no logos) - [T]
<kuid:668654:100988> Tokyu 8090 Series - Toyoko Line - [T]
<kuid:668654:100929> Tokyu 8590 Series - Denentoshi Line (later years) - [T]
<kuid:668654:100938> Tokyu 8590 Series - Denentoshi Line - [T]
<kuid:668654:100949> Tokyu 8590 Series - Oimachi Line [T]

Weird, only the trailer cars...

Edit:

I've fixed it just now. Please uninstall the old ones and download the new version (avaible at the same download link as the old one).

Let me know if other errors come up.

Last edited:
I was wondering. Has there been anyone who have made like Shinkansen jingles?

like the music they place when a Shinkansen is approaching a station

I was wondering. Has there been anyone who have made like Shinkansen jingles?

like the music they place when a Shinkansen is approaching a station

As far as i know, no.

I could make some if you want, but depends on wich kind of "station approach jingle" you mean:

A) in-train announcment (simpler)

"do-dodododo da-dadadada da-ddddddad-da da dado-da-da.... Ladies and Gentlemen, we will soon make a brief stop at XYZ Station..."

B) station platform announcment (harder)

" *platform bells ring* - "Mamonaku, 12-ban sen, Tokkyu Asashi-302-go, Niigata-ome ga asha itashimasu. Shimaru dooa-ni, gochui ikudasai"

Yea sure.
by the way is the A) one

I tought so.

I'll see what i can do.

You want announcments from a specific Shinkansen line or are generic ones alright?

---

Also, after a long time, i'm now doing reskins again, and to "change a bit" from my usual Tokyo-area commuter EMUs...

...Here are some Kansai-area local service EMUs, wich i made inbetween work on the Tokyu 8090/8590 Series pack: the 105 Series.

105-Series.png

From left to right: JNR "Metropolitan" vermillion orange, Fukuen Line livery, Setouchi Area livery, 1st Wakayama Area livery, 2nd Wakayama Area livery and the Kansai Regional Livery.

These are reskins of Keimei's 119 Series (avaible on the DLS) with upgraded enginespec, enginesounds and hornsound and the 113 Series interior made by hirochi. All the dependencies are included in the package or are avaible on the DLS.
As always, each .cdp includes a ready-to-run 2-car consist.

DOWNLOAD

Download here the hornsound if you're missing it

There are actually three variants of the 105 Series:

- The "Newly Manufactured" or "full-production" cars with three doors - the ones of this pack

- The "Converted Cars with the original front" and four doors, wich were converted from Tozai Line inter-running services 103-1000 and 103-1200 Series (for Kansai Area services) or from 103-0 Series trains (for Senseki Line services only).

- The "Converted Cars with new fronts" - identical to the "Converted ones" but with the front ends of the "newly manufactured cars".

The 105 Series was introduced by JNR in 1981 to replace the pre-war and immediately post-war EMUs (such as the 40 and 72 Serieses) that were still in use on local lines in western Japan.
These were originally intended to be replaced by 101 Series trains displaced by the introduction of the 201 Series, but it was quickly discovered that this solution was inadequate and could lead to problems: the 101 Series only had KuMoHa cars (Motor Cars with a cab), wich meant that a 2-car set could only be "all-motored" one, an overkill for local lines with few passengers and without the need for high accelleration. Not only, it had also an unnecessarily high energy consumption, wich meant there could have been problems with the substations' capacity.

As such, JNR had to design an entirely new train specifically for local lines: it was to be cheap and quick to produce, and it also had to have an "1M1T" arrangment: 1 motor car and 1 trailer car per set.

The design of the 105 Series was based mostly on the proven 103 Series, in fact, it shared most of the equipment (traction motors, pantographs, bogeys...) with the former, but some elements were also borrowed from the 201 Series (at the time, JNR's newest commuter train) such as the roof, interiors and the zinc black area around the front windows.

The 105 Series began passenger services in 1981, simultaneously on three lines: the Fukuen, Ube and Onoda Lines. Ube and Onoda Lines units were formed in 2-car sets and were colored with JNR's "Metropolitan" vermillion orange, wich was commonly found on DMUs such as the KiHa 40, while the Fukuen Line units were formed in 4-car sets and were fitted in their very own livery of canary yellow with a strong blue line, almost resembling the Shinkansen Doctor Yellow's one.

By the mid-1980s, numerous lines in Kansai were being electrified, wich meant that new EMUs were needed. At the same time, JNR had a surplus of 103-1000 Series trains, wich were being replaced by the newer 203 Series on Chiyoda Line subway trough-services in Tokyo.
The solution was natural: JNR converted the 103-1000s to 105 Series specifications by re-forming them 2-car sets, de-motorising one car...

Originally, the converted units also recieved the new front style used on "standard" 105s, but as it was an unnecessary mesaure, it was later decided to keep the older front style to contain costs.
The converted 103-1000s entered service in 1984, with the electrification of the Kisei, Nara and Wakayama Lines, along with a few full-production 105s. All of them were fitted in a cream livery with red lines, soon dubbed "Wakayama Area" livery.

By the time JNR was privatized in april 1987, JR West had inherited 60 full-production 105s and about the same number of converted units. At the same time, the Vermillion orange livery carried by Ube and Onoda Line trains was replaced by a white livery with blue and red lines, the "Hiroshima Livery" (i'm actually still fiddling a lot with the texture files to get an acceptable result, so maybe in the future this livery will be avaible too).

Starting from 2002, the 105 Series underwent JR West's "N40" refurbishment and "life-extesion" program, with Wakayama area full-production units being recolored as well into a light blue livery with white lines, dubbed the "second Wakayama Area" livery.

In 2009 the various livieries in use on 105 Series trains were changed into two types: Hiroshima and Okayama-area units recieved the all-over yellow "Setouchi" (derived from the Seto Inland Sea on wich the two cities are located), and the units operating in eastern Kansai (Wakayama, Nara and so on) recieved an all-over blue livery, dubbed the "Kansai Regional Livery".

The 2nd Wakayama Livery was completely replaced by the Kansai Regional Livery in 2015, and the Fukuen Line livery was fully replaced by the Setouchi one in 2017.

At present, JR West is carrying out a massive replacement of JNR-designed rolling stock with the new 227-1000 Series; thus the "converted" 105s are becoming an "endangered species".
Full-production 105s instead enjoy relative quietness, as they're far "younger" and less worn-out than converted 105s; as such, there isn't any plan to replace them yet.

Trivia:

As a side note, JR East also had briefly two 105 Series sets, wich were converted from 103-0s and were used exclusively on Senseki Line services. They were delivered on March 31st, 1987 (the last day of JNR!) and they entered service on April 5th.
As they proved themselves inadequate for the line's tortuous nature, they were replaced in 1998 by upgraded and refurbished 103 Series trains.
The two were then converted into two non-revenue "training sets" (special trains used for training new railwaymens); with the arrival of newer training sets basend on the 209 Series, they were retired in 2008 and scrapped in the same year.

Last edited:
Back