Japan

May someone try to make a kiha 110 series as well as a 2 car version as well?
not sure was there a 110 series train before on DLS
Plus the 110 series has a few in service that are joyful trains such as.
Tohuku Emotions and the Pikachu train (and before that, it was the pokemkon train)

I can try. It's a fairly simple train to make.

In other news, yesterday was a sad day for many JNR (and early-JR) fans like me, as with the timetable change, many iconic serieses were retired in just one fell swopp.

Beginning with JR East, yesterday saw the final day in service for both the iconic 185 Series, one of the last "pure-JNR" trains in regular service, and the quirky experimental double-decker 215 Series, both replaced by E257-2000s on Odoriko and Shonan Liner services respectively.

185 Series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-KU3p87UEo&ab_channel=TUBETRAIN

215 Series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjcZ53uigbg&ab_channel=旅と鉄道・堀田勝彦

Yesterday JR East also ended all regular services operated with it's remaining KiHa 40s, replacing them by a mix of GV-E400s and EV-801s. The only KiHa 40 units remaining in regular services are the (horribly mangled) ones for Joyful and Tourist train
services.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDwVKC6hdK0&ab_channel=三葉

Finally, a blow came from JR Freight as well, with the last mainline service of a DD51 diesel locomotive. These have now been replaced by DF200s, not only in Hokkaido, but starting from recent years also in the Nagoya area as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJc6L30Vpz8&ab_channel=朝日新聞社

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone heard about this, Tokyo Metro 18000 Series are going to replace the 8000 Series running on the Hanzomon Line.
b.jpg

I do look forward to see it running in service

In other news, yesterday was a sad day for many JNR (and early-JR) fans like me, as with the timetable change, many iconic serieses were retired in just one fell swopp.

Beginning with JR East, yesterday saw the final day in service for both the iconic 185 Series, one of the last "pure-JNR" trains in regular service, and the quirky experimental double-decker 215 Series, both replaced by E257-2000s on Odoriko and Shonan Liner services respectively.

185 Series

215 Series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjc...3 %83%BB%E5%A0%80%E7%94%B0%E5%8B%9D%E5%BD%A6

Yesterday JR East also ended all regular services operated with it's remaining KiHa 40s, replacing them by a mix of GV-E400s and EV-801s. The only KiHa 40 units remaining in regular services are the (horribly mangled) ones for Joyful and Tourist train
services.

Finally, a blow came from JR Freight as well, with the last mainline service of a DD51 diesel locomotive. These have now been replaced by DF200s, not only in Hokkaido, but starting from recent years also in the Nagoya area as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJc...6%9C%9D%E6%97%A5%E6%96%B0%E8%81%9E%E7 %A4%BE

Sort of documentary on the 185:

Seems like the train had a real music box in board:

I don't know if anyone heard about this, Tokyo Metro 18000 Series are going to replace the 8000 Series running on the Hanzomon Line.

As, a die-hard TRTA fan, i can't honestly say i'm happy to see those enter service, as it will mean the end for my beloved 8000 Series, however, atleast they are far much better looking than the horrid 17000 Series for the Yurakucho Line.

Anyway, here's the fourth part of the "DE-megapack": the DE11s for heavy shunting duties.

JNR-JR-Freight-DE11-pack.png

These are already avaible on my website [here] and soon, like all the previous DE10 packs, will be avaible also on TreinspotterJeffrey's website as well.

The DE11 diesel locomotives came to be in the late 1960s, when JNR was looking for a suitable replacement for steam locomotives wich were still used in marshalling yards (especially for "hump" shunting) as the DD13 diesel shunters had proven too underpowered for the job. The concept of an "heavy shunting" diesel locomotive had been on the "to-do" list of JNR since the late 1950s, but was always postponed due to other more "important" things. Finally, this project was revived in 1967, with the arrival of the first DE10 medium shunters.

That year, JNR ordered a "pumped up" version of the standard DE10s, classified "DE10 901". Among the modifications made, the first one was getting rid of the steam boiler for passenger car heating, wich was replaced by a block of concrete acting as a dead weight, then the motor output was increased, equipment for multiple-unit-working was removed and finally, the weight of the locomotive was increased yet again, to increase adherence, with more concrete acting as dead weight. The latter modification increased the locomotive's weight from 65 to 70 tons, with the per-axle weight increasing as well, from 13t to 14t, effectively sending "down the drain" all previous efforts JNR made to get the "DE10 design" to have a low axle weight, wich however did not pose any problem in marshalling yards (for wich the new heavy shunters were intended), as due to their nature, they are always entirely made of heavy-duty tracks.

Following successful testing of DE10-901, JNR ordered the production of the new diesel heavy shunting locomotives, wich were classified as "DE11s". Production began in 1968 and ended in 1979 with a total of 116 units having been manufactured jointly by Kawasaki Heavy Industries and Nippon Sharyo, with some of the early units having been built by Kisha Seizo as well.

The new DE11s were divided in three subserieses:

-The 0 subserieses (DE11-0s) were 65 units essentially identical to DE10-901 manufactured between 1968 and 1970. These were the first to enter service, being assigned at the Shin-Tsurumi and Omiya yards in Tokyo and at Suita yard in Osaka, replacing the D51 and 9600-type steam locomotives in marshalling yard use.

-The 1000 subserieses (DE11-1000s) were 46 units similar to the -0 subseries built between 1970 and 1974 with uprated engines with an higher power output, increased from 930 to 1010Kw (1250 to 1350 Hp). Upon their entrance in service, these were assigned most major marshalling yards.

and finally, the -2000 subserieses, wich are just four units built in 1979 specially equipped with "noise-reducing" fetaures for usage in Yokohama-Hazawa yard, wich is located very close to residential areas.
Depsite the small size of the subseries (compared to the rest of the DE11 fleet), these are however probably the most recognizable of the DE11s, as the bodyshell had to be slightly lenghtened by two meters (from 14,150mm to 16,150mm) to fit sound-proofing equipment and exhaust silencers, and a very distinctive integral "noise-reducing-skirt" was also added as well.

All three subseries lived a tranquil life until the mid-1980s, when during the harsh "JNR reorganization process", most of the -0s and -1000s became surplus due to the abandonment of most marshalling yards, as conventional freight trains became to be replaced by fixed-formation container trains. Some surplus units of both earlier subserieses were re-purposed for freight, and in some cases even passenger services on branchlines, but due to their high axle load wich rended them unable to run on most lightly-tracked lines, by 1984 all DE11s were returned to marshalling yards, never entering service again.

In the end, by March 1987, the vast majority of DE11-0s and DE11-1000s had been scrapped, with only 3 DE11-0s and 10 DE11-1000s "surviving" the JNR privatization, all being inherited by JR East. The three DE11-0s didn't live much longer, as by 1990 all three were written off and scrapped. DE11-1000s instead, due to their higher power, managed to remain in service for a bit more, being assigned to passenger-coach shunting at JR East's Tabata and Shinagawa yards. However, with the end of conventional locomotive-hauled passenger trains, by 2010 the DE11-1000s began to be retired and scrapped yet again. As of today, we know for certain that unit DE10-1041 is still in service with JR East, assigned to Takasaki depot, while units 1045, 1029, 1032 and 1034 have been transferred to JR Freight between 2010 and 2013, altough we don't know for sure if they're still in service as of now. All remaining units are assumed to have been scrapped.

While the fate of the first two subserieses wasn't one of the most rosy, the DE10-2000 Subseries instead, due to their high "specialization" is still very well alive and active, with all four units having been inherited by JR Freight in 1987. As of 2018, all four units are assigned to Shin-Tsurumi depot for services in the Yokohama-Hazawa and Sagami yards. Occasionally they're also used to haul new Sotetsu Railway stock onto the latter's premises, and until very recently, they were also used for "mainline" freight workings on the Sagami Line. All four units have been repainted into the JR Freight red and grey livery for diesel locomotives, but unit DE11-2003 has been fitted in a "wide white line" variant on the latter, identical to the one carried by DE10 1073.

While all DE11-2000s are still in service, due to their age, JR Freight has already set forth to replace them (and the last remaining DE10-1000s - if there are still any around!) with the new DD200s diesel locomotives, wich are already (albeit slowly) spreading thruought JR Freight's major yards.

Trivia:

The noise-reducing fetaures of the DE11-2000s were derived from the ones already used on the 85ED-1 electric and 70DD-3 diesel locomotives (both actually manufactured by Kawasaki and Nippon Sharyo in 1976 and 1975 respecitvely) in use on the Nippon Steel Yahata works dedicated "Kurogane Line" in Kitakyushu, wich connects the steelworks to the Kagoshima Line at Yahata Station, passing trough a residential area.

185 Series

215 Series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjcZ53uigbg&ab_channel=旅と鉄道・堀田勝彦

services.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJc6L30Vpz8&ab_channel=朝日新聞社

DD51 out of service?! I didn't know anything about that... First EF200, then DD51... Verry sad for me... DD51 were always one of my favorites and they where one of the first Japanese locomotives I knew. But for a locomotive built in 1962, it reached an old age.
Here are some screenshots of the DD51 in Trainz.

My first Trainz screenshot: DD51 on the Chiyoda Line
51035753006_51da4dfd89_c.jpg
[/URL]2020-04-25 111557 by Sanyo J, on Flickr[/IMG]

DD51 on the Nambu Branch Line
51035020418_25dab7e6d2_c.jpg
[/URL]2021-03-13 155658 by Sanyo J, on Flickr[/IMG]

DD51 and EF58 in the yard
51035752861_b19cf29920_c.jpg
[/URL]2020-08-06 175305 by Sanyo J, on Flickr[/IMG]

DD51, DF200 and DE10 are resting in Heiwa Freight Terminal, Hokkaido.
51035752101_12ea81ccd9_c.jpg
[/URL]2021-03-13 154149 by Sanyo J, on Flickr[/IMG]

DD51 leaving Obu, southern Nagoya
51035858022_336c3e2924_c.jpg
[/URL]2021-03-13 153628 by Sanyo J, on Flickr[/IMG]

I think someone should make DD51 repaints, like Hokutosei, modern JRF, JR test colors, Euroliner, etc... I can't because when I copy the DD51 to make a repaint, it keeps being faulty.

b.jpg

Yes, also the Fukutoshin and Yurakucho 7000 Series is getting replaced with the 17000 Series

Tokyo_Metro_17000_17102F_in_Fujimino_Station_01.jpg

Greetings to all on this fourm.

I'm still somewhat new to the Trainz community and have a love for all stuff JNR. However, I've been struggling to find some decent JNR Steam loco's (besides Keimi's old models and a C62 from an external site) I was wondering if anyone on here would know of any sites with JNR steam loco's for download (if there are any others out there that is).

If anyone here could help me out, I would be very grateful!
:)

Here's the fifth part of the "DE-megapack": the DE15s for snowplough hauling!

DE15pack.png

These are already avaible on my website [here] and will soon be avaible on Treinspotterjeffrey's website as well.

Now the DE15 was built as a specialized variant of the standard DE10s, intended to haul snow-ploughs. JNR already had it's own fleet of dedicated snow-removal locomotives, the DD15s, wich were basically DD13s fitted with snow wedges at both fronts, wich however suffered from the same "too high" axle-load problem as their "regular siblings", wich meant that their usage was rather limited, being restricted to mostly mainlines, and some "adequately"-tracked branchlines. For the rest of the network, JNR had to still rely on steam locomotive pushing "russel cars".

With the introduction of the DE10s in the mid-1960s, JNR finally managed to solve the axle-loading issue and thus set forth to develop an entirely new snowplough locomotive suitable for branchlines.

One of the main design improvements, compared to earlier locomotives, was in the snowploughs themselves: whereas on earlier DD15s the wedges were fixed on both sides of the body of the locomotive itself, wich was a considerable source of trouble as the locomotive couldn't be repurposed for regular service during the "warm" seasons, and furthemore the presence of wedges on both sides made shunting difficult, the new locomotives were instead designed to run coupled with dedicated semi-independent 2-axle "wedge" wagons, easily detachable to leave the locomotive "free" for shunting or other non snow-removal services.

Therefore, the new locomotives ended up looking exactly like "standard" DE10s, with the only noticeable external difference being the fitting of a "coupler-looking-thingy" between the headlights, cutting the front numberplates in half. The "thingy" was actually indeed an additional coupler for use with the special snowplough cars: togheter with the standard knuckle coupler, wich did "most of the job", the additional coupler was used to keep the snowploughs stable and in-line, so that they wouldn't climb up when pushed (an issue often encountered with conventional "russel cars").

Designated as "DE15s", the first batch of the new snowplough locomotives began to be built in 1967, jointly by Nippon Sharyo and Kawasaki Heavy Industries, with the first units entering service later that year. Production of the DE15s carried on, inbetween other more "pressing" orders recieved by the manufacturers, and was eventually in 1981, with a total of 85 units having been built in a 14-year span.

Like their "conventional" DE10 siblings, the DE15s were subdivided into several subserieses:

The -0 Subseries where the first six units made between 1967 and 1969. These were essentially identical to DE10-0s, and as such were also fitted with steam boilers for passenger cars' heating, owning to the "amphibious" nature of the class.

The -1000 Subseries were a further six units made between 1971 and 1973, with the same improved engine and increased power (930 to 1010Kw or 1250 to 1350Hp) output of the DE10-1000 subseries.

The -1500 Subseries was an initial batch of 18 units built from 1971 onwards, essentially identical to DE15-1000s, but without the steam heating boiler, wich was replaced by a block of concrete acting as a dead weight to increase adherence.
These were also initially fitted with a snowplough car at one end only, with some of them being designed specifically to clear double-track lines. In 1976 a second batch of DE15-1500s was delivered, this time with snowplough cars at both ends.

The -2050 Subseries was formed by two units wich had their double-track-type snowplough cars on both ends converted to the single-track type.

The -2500 Subseries was built between 1976 and 1979 and was essentially identical to the -1500 Subseries, except that all units in this subseries were fitted with single-track type snowplough cars at both ends.

Finally, the -2550 Subseries was formed of five "single-ended" DE15-1500 units wich had been retrofitted with a second snowplough car on their other "naked" end.

Upon their entrance in service, most DE15s (for well obvious reasons) were assigned to Hokkaido and Aomori, with a few units gradually finding their way southwards to Niigata, Tokyo, the Hokuriku area and even the Chubu area.
With the privatization of JNR, in 1987, the entire fleet of 85 units was inherited by JR Group and was split as follows: 36 units went to JR Hokkaido, 33 went to JR East, 13 went to JR Weast and two units only went to JR Central.

The "amphibious" capabilities of the DE15s were already well known and used by both JNR and the JR Group, with these locomotives being also used on mainline freight services and occasionally even express passenger trains. It was however with the introduction of "self-contained" snowploughs such as the ENR-1000 or by lighter "draisine-like" snowploughs like the HTR600, that the DE15s began to increasily stray further from their original "intended purpose": replaced by the newer snowplough types, by the mid-2000s many surplus units were being used interchangeably with standard DE10s on mainline freight or shunting duties. In 2009, JR East sold 14 DE15 units (almost half of it's fleet) to JR Freight wich had them converted to DE10-3000 and -3500 subserieses locomotives for usage on standard freight services elsewhere in Japan.

Among the most notable "surplus" units, JR Hokkaido's DE15-2510 was repainted in a red and black livery for usage as an helper locomotive with the "SL Fuyu no ****sugen" steam-hauled tourist train, while unit DE15-2527 was repainted in the same "Norokko" livery of DE10-1660 and DE10-1661 to use on JR Hokkaido's "Norokko" tourist trains.

Another notable unit is DE15-2516 wich was repainted in a yellow and dark grey livery (inspired by JR Hokkaido's "DMV" dual-mode vehicle - a rail-road bus that the company has been developing for an awful lot of time) to replace DE10-1741 as the Naebo Works' internal shunting locomotive.

Finally, the most recent development for Hokkaido's DE15 came in 2020, with JR Hokkaido loaning the "ROYAL EXPRESS" tourist train from Izukyuko Railway, part of a joint effort with JR East, JR Freight and Tokyu Corporation as well (Izukyu's parent company) to revitalize eastern Hokkaido after the 2018 earthquake (and also in an attempt to somewheat help JR Hokkaido's notoriously difficult financial situation).

To haul the 5-car 2100 Series set and a MaNI 50 generator car to provide electricity to the EMU, as the designated "cruise" route is mostly unelectrified (and even if it was, it would be still useless as the 2100 Series is a 1500v DC-only train and evry single one of JR Hokkaido's electrified lines uses 20Kv 50Hz AC current) two locomotives were designated: DE15-1545 and DE15-1542, both of wich have been repainted in an all-over strong yellow livery (roof equipment included as well).

The only other notable development with DE15s outside Hokkaido came from JR West, with DE15-2558 having been painted in the white and blue livery of the "Okuizumo Orochi" tourist train, as it is intended to haul the latter when the "usual" DE10 1161, wich is fitted in the same livery.

Finally, DE15s (well, just one unit only) saw services with second-hand buyers as well: in 2004 the Tokachi Railway in Hokkaido acquired DE15-1525 (togheter with DE10-1543) from JR East, for use on it's 5,4Km-long line. When the Tokachi Railway was closed in 2012, DE15-1525 was acquired by the Akita Rinkai Railway, where it has been in service ever since.

As of now, JR Hokkaido still has 12 DE15s , JR West still has four and JR East has only one (wich is not even in service - it's stored as a "reserve" locomotive) for a total of 17 units in service with the JR Group (JR Central retired its' two units in 2012). Adding to those in the JR Group, the Ainozake Toyama Railway in Toyama prefecture owns two more DE15s (inherited by JR West when ownership of the line was transferred) and finally, there's unit DE15-1525 on the Akita Rinkai Railway, but as the company has announced plans for closure, the fate of the latter is still uncertain.

To sum up, as of now there are only 20 units in service (less than a quarter of the original fleet), the vast majority of them in use by JR Hokkaido, wich however has already announced plans for a large-size snowplough replacement, soon to be produced. With the fleet of the other companies being next to zero, it'll be only a matter of years before DE15s completely disappear.

Next up: the final "DE-pack": DD16s!

Last edited:
Greetings to all on this fourm.
I'm still somewhat new to the Trainz community and have a love for all stuff JNR. However, I've been struggling to find some decent JNR Steam loco's (besides Keimi's old models and a C62 from an external site) I was wondering if anyone on here would know of any sites with JNR steam loco's for download (if there are any others out there that is).

If anyone here could help me out, I would be very grateful! :)

Hi, welcome! I'm also a JNR fan, altough of a bit more "modern" stuff.
As far as i know, the only good-quality Japanese steam locomotives avaible are the Keimei-made ones, on the DLS (comprehensive list here), and the ones from Hanshin9501's website (wich is probably the same "external website" you mentioned). There's also this relatively obscure website that has for download a bit of ("bootleg"?) stuff from both Hanshin9501 and Keimei, but besides it, i really don't know.

As of now, Japanese steam is relatively well represented in trainz - on the other hand, unfortunately many important classes are still missing, especially the C62s, but also tender-locomotives such as the C11 and C12 as well.

Seems like the train had a real music box in board:

Yes, that's the iconic "Kokutetsu Carillon". Basically, what JNR had devised (before the age of taped recordings) was essentially a box with a carillon and a dedicated microphone next to it, so that when activated, it would play a small musical chime before the conductor eventually began to make his announcments.

This chime was extensively used on almost all of JNR's express trains, including KiHa 58s, KiHa 181s, the 183, 381, 485, 5583 and 185 Serieses and also passenger coaches as well, and as such became extremely well recognizable, in short an icon of the national railways. Even the early 0 Series Shinkansen sets used a similar carillon system, but with a different chime instead.

With the arrival of analog tape recorders in the 1980s and later digital recordings by the late 1990s, the iconic JNR chime began to be replaced by a variety of different musical annoucments, wich were however still inspired by their "mechanical" grandfather.

The video does in fact correctly mentions that the 185 Series is the last train equipped with such chime, altough i couldn't make out if it was the last only for JR East (definitively) or in the whole of the JR Group (wich is more unlikely).

Here's the chime in action.

Yes, that's the iconic "Kokutetsu Carillon". Basically, what JNR had devised (before the age of taped recordings) was essentially a box with a carillon and a dedicated microphone next to it, so that when activated, it would play a small musical chime before the conductor eventually began to make his announcments.

This chime was extensively used on almost all of JNR's express trains, including KiHa 58s, KiHa 181s, the 183, 381, 485, 5583 and 185 Serieses and also passenger coaches as well, and as such became extremely well recognizable, in short an icon of the national railways. Even the early 0 Series Shinkansen sets used a similar carillon system, but with a different chime instead.

With the arrival of analog tape recorders in the 1980s and later digital recordings by the late 1990s, the iconic JNR chime began to be replaced by a variety of different musical annoucments, wich were however still inspired by their "mechanical" grandfather.

The video does in fact correctly mentions that the 185 Series is the last train equipped with such chime, altough i couldn't make out if it was the last only for JR East (definitively) or in the whole of the JR Group (wich is more unlikely).

Here's the chime in action.

Very interesting. Japanese Railway culture never ceases to amaze me it is so rich and diverse and with interesting history.

This chime was extensively used on almost all of JNR's express trains, including KiHa 58s, KiHa 181s, the 183, 381, 485, 583 and 185 Serieses and also passenger coaches as well, and as such became extremely well recognizable, in short an icon of the national railways. Even the early 0 Series Shinkansen sets used a similar carillon system, but with a different chime instead.

Actually there is an interesting history regarding the chime used by 0 series Shinkansen: at first JNR used the same chime (which is Japan's own "The Railway Song" or "鉄道唱歌") installed at 485 etc, but it was later replaced by the short-lived original chime known as "Mayuzumi Chime" (named after Toshirō Mayuzumi (黛敏郎), one of the famous composer in the Showa period who composed this chime), and again replaced by the more famous "Hikari Chime". The main cause for "Mayuzumi Chime" to became short-lived is the fact that this chime was too scary for a passenger train (and many passengers complained about this), and even there was an inside story where JNR kept its decision to replace the chime with "Hikari Chime" despite Mayuzumi's staffs insisted that this chime was "very modern" in 1960s (and they also insisted that JNR would recognize the "worth" of chime composed by Mayuzumi in the future, which was contrary with complaints from passengers of Tokaido Shinkansen).

Here is one of the video that covered all of chimes used by 0 series during its heydays, including the short-lived "Mayuzumi Chime" used between 1968 and 1972 (the year when San'yō Shinkansen was partially opened for service between Shin-Ōsaka and Okayama):

Actually there is an interesting history regarding the chime used by 0 series Shinkansen: at first JNR used the same chime (which is Japan's own "The Railway Song" or "鉄道唱歌") installed at 485 etc, but it was later replaced by the short-lived original chime known as "Mayuzumi Chime" (named after Toshirō Mayuzumi (黛敏郎), one of the famous composer in the Showa period who composed this chime), and again replaced by the more famous "Hikari Chime". The main cause for "Mayuzumi Chime" to became short-lived is the fact that this chime was too scary for a passenger train (and many passengers complained about this), and even there was an inside story where JNR kept its decision to replace the chime with "Hikari Chime" despite Mayuzumi's staffs insisted that this chime was "very modern" in 1960s (and they also insisted that JNR would recognize the "worth" of chime composed by Mayuzumi in the future, which was contrary with complaints from passengers of Tokaido Shinkansen).

Here is one of the video that covered all of chimes used by 0 series during its heydays, including the short-lived "Mayuzumi Chime" used between 1968 and 1972 (the year when San'yō Shinkansen was partially opened for service between Shin-Ōsaka and Okayama):

The 1989 to 2008 one. i remember that i can listen to that back in the wii game of densha de go shinkansen
so iconic

Speaking of the Shinkansen;
Has anyone heard more news about the Hokuriku Shinkansen Extension to Fukui? I haven't heard anything else other than being Under-Construction and Opening 2022~2023. This also goes to the Kyushu Shinkansen Extension to Nagasaki.
Also has there been a specific confirmed time this decade to the retirement of the E2 Series? Cause I've been hearing rumors for the past 3-4 years
Also Later Tomorrow or Today I'm gonna see if I can dedicate an hour of getting some work done on the Genjo-Line. And also some screenshots will be coming.

Last edited:
Speaking of the Shinkansen;
Has anyone heard more news about the Hokuriku Shinkansen Extension to Fukui? I haven't heard anything else other than being Under-Construction and Opening 2022~2023. This also goes to the Kyushu Shinkansen Extension to Nagasaki.

Nothing new lately, work is proceeding smoothly.

You can actually see the work in progress (not only the viaduct construction, but also land clearing as well) on Google Earth, especially between Kanazawa and Komatsu, as it's particularily clear there.
For example, here, just a little north of Komatsu, you can see plot of lands being cleared for the viaduct construction. You can also see the future Shinkansen station areas being cleared at Tsuruga, Fukui and Komatsu.

Not only that, the Echizen Railway is currently provisionally using the already-built Shinkansen viaduct in Fukui city (until the new "proper" parallel new Echizen line will be built), and actually, part of the "future" line is already completed and in service as well, only not for passengers: it's actually the stretch that connects Kanazawa station to the Shinkansen depot, wich is located a full 14Km southwest of the former. When the extension will be put into service, this section will begin carrying "regular" trains as well.

Also has there been a specific confirmed time this decade to the retirement of the E2 Series? Cause I've been hearing rumors for the past 3-4 years

They'll surely be gone by the mid of this decade, if not in the next 2-3 years. While it's true that the recent Thyphoon slowed down JR East's replacement plans, there currently aren't many left service, altought the retirement of the E4 MAX is actually closer as JR East has officially announced that the E4s will make their last service runs by this autumn. For the E2 instead there hasn't been an official announcment yet, but JR East plans to replace the last remaining ones by approximately 2024.

Nothing new lately, work is proceeding smoothly.

You can actually see the work in progress (not only the viaduct construction, but also land clearing as well) on Google Earth, especially between Kanazawa and Komatsu, as it's particularily clear there.
For example, here, just a little north of Komatsu, you can see plot of lands being cleared for the viaduct construction. You can also see the future Shinkansen station areas being cleared at Tsuruga, Fukui and Komatsu.

Not only that, the Echizen Railway is currently provisionally using the already-built Shinkansen viaduct in Fukui city (until the new "proper" parallel new Echizen line will be built), and actually, part of the "future" line is already completed and in service as well, only not for passengers: it's actually the stretch that connects Kanazawa station to the Shinkansen depot, wich is located a full 14Km southwest of the former. When the extension will be put into service, this section will begin carrying "regular" trains as well.

This has to be the most unique and interest concepts of a Shinkansen Line. This kindof reminds me of the European High Speed Networks when operating in regional lines, that it operates regular trains too. I dont think I've ever seen this on a mainstream Shinkansen line besides the Yamagata and Akita lines. Im assuming that; Because the line runs close to Komatsu Airport wouldnt they have a station for that too?

They'll surely be gone by the mid of this decade said:
Figured for the E4's. This is sad because this is probably the oldest Shinkansen Fleet to this day. And it was such an Iconic JR East fleet too for the 90's and 2000's.

As for the E2s, I might be sad to see them go despite the Chinese CRH2 export copies are a decade newer and still in service. I will also miss the E4 even though the nose design was ahead of their time and I used to have a Transformer toy of it when I was a kid.

I am also going to miss the E4 Series to. It's my favorite double decker train from Japan like the E1. But I am hoping it will be in a Museum

The Icarus Main Line (IML) is slowly nearing Hanyo. Now the line is extended to Kita Hanyo. The line groes through the mountains from Mita (North of the Mountaints) to Hamada Onsen a lively Onsen and outdoor town North of Hanyo.

51049801803_1fe810b82f_h.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2021_03_18_23_59_26_231
by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

Hamada Onsen (WIP):

51050613597_b398e50188_h.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2021_03_18_23_58_16_359

Mita Canyon: South of Mita and North of Hamada Onsen. Have to tweak the Tunnels a bit as the approach to the canyon is currently not good enough. Foilage still has to be added.

51050528816_8be76a746f_h.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2021_03_19_00_09_21_610

Seibu 9000 @ Mita Station:

51050528691_ed9e1377c7_h.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2021_03_19_00_11_22_170

Town of Yozaka (North of Mita)

51049802308_57c69c38f8_h.jpg
[/URL]