Japan

The Good Weather :D

Fujikyuko-Line.jpg

oh and @pagroove remember that i have made some modifications on the older version of the icarus (sorry if i had speed wrong) shinkansen?

so since there is a new version. is there anyhow i can simply paste back all the modifications on to the new map without remaking them all over again?

can somebody answer me this?

I'm still planning on the Winter Version, Sorry about the delays. I am waiting to get permission from Hirochi to do a winter version of his Nippon track lineups. Just did some modified versions of Auran's old TRS2004 Alps Bridges and tunnels for use in the route.

That looks good hirochi. Just one question, you think you can make a repaint of the Avelia Liberty from Amtrak? This is what it looks like
0076865e56acfaac636121ae00681216.jpg

so basically i gotta remake my mods then?

Yes,

If you make any modifications always first clone the route to a personal version. Otherwise if it has the same Kuid and a newer version comes out the changes that you have made will be overwritten.

It is not too late now. So this week clone your own modded route to a new version. Call it something like Icarus Shinkansen personal version or Icaurus Shinkansen Rowletmaster Version. Make sure also to make a .cdp. of your modded version just to be sure.

Then when I have a new building snapshot ready (around the weekend or early next wee) be sure that you have backed up your own version before you download the snapshot.

I'm not sure if you're going to add a working light to the middle of the nose, but that's an awesome ETR 400 you made Hirochi! Today's my birthday and this is the first thing I see here!

Last edited:
Here are a few screenshots from me:

"It's spring 1987 - JNR's privatization is just around the corner. Morning rush hour, somewhere on the Chuo Line, between Mitaka and Nakano: an almost-empty TRTA 8000 Series, "borrowed" from the Hanzomon Line to act as a stop-gap until the first 05 Series trains enter service, runs towards Mitaka, and it's about to be overtaken by an orange 201 Series running a rapid service to Takao. Between the two, one of the few Chuo-Sobu Line Yellow 201s heads towards central Tokyo, packed with commuters, while in the background, a 183 Series can be seen rushing towards Shinjuku on one of the line's many "Morning Liner" services."

tokyo8000.png

Now, let's head a bit more west, to the Kansai region.

"It's 1978 and two Hankyu trains are meeting on the Kobe Line: a 2000 Series headed to Osaka-Umeda and a 3000 Series rushing towards Sannomiya and Kobe on an express service. We're at the peak of the Japanese economic miracle: soon this area will be all built up with office towers and condominiums - land around the railway here is simply too valuable."

Hankyu-3000-3100-3300-Serieses.png

Finally, let's go a bit eastwards.

"It's the mid-2000s, somewhere around Nagoya, one of the last strongholds of JR Central's 113 and 115 Series trains. Soon both serieses will be retired from service being replaced by the 313 Series - a fairly modern and versatile EMU that however lacks all the charm and history of these trustworthy and almost indestructible JNR-designed suburban trains."

tokai.png

And finally, a status report: I've completed the first five DE10 for the "Joyful Trains" pack.
From left to right: JR Shikoku "Island Express Shikoku" livery, JR East "Sylpheed" and "Nostalgic Wiew Train" liveries and the JR Hokkaido old "Norokko" livery, unit 1690 in the steam-locomotive-like all-black livery and the new "norokko" livery.

DE10-joyful1.png

Last edited:
Those are some really amazing screenshots AlexMaria.
Got a question (or two) though.
Where did you get the powerlines in the second picture. I've never seen those. They got the red flashers on them.
Any chance you'll do the DD51 diesels sometime in the future?

Guys this weekend it is time for the 2nd Icarus Shinkansen building snapshots to be shared:)

Friendly warning:

If you have made any modifications to the route please make sure you clone the personal version of the route and save a .cdp on your HD in a Trainz personal .cdp backup folder. I am not responsible for any damage to your personal mods if you just overwrite your modded route.

Thank you all! I've made three more DE10 variants today - there are only a few left to complete the "Joyful Trains" pack, so i hope to relase it next weekend.

Got a question (or two) though.
Where did you get the powerlines in the second picture. I've never seen those. They got the red flashers on them.
Any chance you'll do the DD51 diesels sometime in the future?

The perspective of the second picture tricks a bit, but the "red flasher" object is actually a radio antenna: "sotovaya matcha 2", wich the Content Manager shows as Built-In for TZ2019. It should be included among the dependencies of Rizky's Nambu Branch Line route.

Actually, all the previous screenshots (except for the DE10 one) are taken on Rizky's Nambu Branch Line, wich i managed to "disguise" by carefully placing shots in different areas of the map.

About the DD51s - i'm not planning a complete new "build-from-zero" as the already existing Kenichiro model has stood well the test of time, and it's perfectly adequate almost 15 years after it was made. I was thinking of doing a reskin pack sometime in the future instead, as these wore only five liveries during their career (JNR standard one plus the JR Freight blue livery for refurbished locos, JR Central "euroliner" livery, JR Hokkaido "Hokutosei Livery" and JR Freight's standard red and gray livery for diesel locomotives).

Back