Japan

nice bike racks!! Well tycoonkid, perhaps you should concentrate on just one of your routes for now. decide what the main theme of it will be (example would be an inter city commuter themed layout/maps with two big cites and a few small towns in between.) then decide on how long the route would be and what features you want to add to it. I've mad a few layout from some drawings Ive done before making the layout and that pretty much helps too. you tube has tons of footage of Japanese trains traveling the whole route and you can watch from the cab view the whole trip. (I've got the line from Kyoto to Osaka. it's my favorite movie so far!!)
Hey matura, those are some nice pics. are they from your private layout?

Thanks. Yes. It's my private layout. For now.
I'm quite curious when I finish the whole thing.
I can imagine it. Map will take about 5-10Mb, but the whole dependencies pack for the map will take around 2-5Gb.

sounds like it's a really massive layout. Bet it would really take an hour or more to drive on it with the bullet train at top speed huh? You know it would be cool if someone made the new railroad crossings for the narrow gauge trains.

You are right with the narrow gauge crossings. I'm missing for example those with long bendy arm. Lot of crossings for Trainz are only for 2 tracks max. and even for two road lanes. It's problem of the track gauge. Here in Czech republic we have standart gauge 1435mm like !almost! every country. 1067mm have only Japan, New Zealand and maybe some minor country. For czech track I can use about 200 combinations of crossing.

wow 200 combinations?!! that's a lot!! itwould be cool if someone could make the narrow gauge version of Kenichiro's JPN railroad crossings!

wow 200 combinations?!! that's a lot!! itwould be cool if someone could make the narrow gauge version of Kenichiro's JPN railroad crossings!

It's because Trainz have lot of fans in Czech republic. I was czech fan too, but now I belong here. ;)
I did a lot of textures on Czech, Slovak and Polish trains and cars too in the past. Because lot of people photographing trains and cars in the station.
But it's not as what it used to be.

Some more narrow gauge track choices would really be fantastic. Like people have said, crossings would be great but I'd also enjoy seeing single and double track viaducts, girder bridges, all that stuff so we can make more accurate layouts.

Thanks nozoming. I will use the video for inspiration.
New parts of map. Lots of pictures. The rest as usual here: http://s609.photobucket.com/user/MiyuGreer/library/TS2009 Japan map?sort=3&page=1

trainz2013-11-1804-58-08-75_zpse6e5a003.png

trainz2013-11-1805-00-33-46_zps22a7325a.png

trainz2013-11-1804-59-43-05_zpsb5de51ab.png

trainz2013-11-1805-02-02-38_zps11283c11.png

trainz2013-11-1805-01-50-73_zps23136b90.png

trainz2013-11-1805-03-07-96_zps343a6ed4.png

trainz2013-11-1805-02-57-91_zps44903b86.png

trainz2013-11-1805-03-52-31_zps1c90b6b9.png

Hey guys, nice stuff on here.
Quite some time since i was here. I'm happy to see that the thread still going^^
Really like the new N700A Hirochi!

I tried to reskin it to the N700-8000 Sakura series. Unfortunately my editing skills are pretty low, so i can't get it to work...
Maybe if you guys have some time on your hands, you could look into it. I would really appreciate it :)

Hello my colleagues. After a month, I will show further progress of my momentary project.
Some screenshots for example. The rest as usual here: http://s609.photobucket.com/user/MiyuGreer/library/?view=recent&page=1

trainz2013-12-2000-09-43-98_zpsab295fcb.png

trainz2013-12-2000-09-08-22_zps25af56ee.png

trainz2013-12-2000-06-37-95_zps20b96318.png

trainz2013-12-2000-04-48-60_zps53fb98ab.png

trainz2013-12-2000-04-31-40_zps45c91f84.png

trainz2013-12-1923-59-27-39_zps960eb61d.png

trainz2013-12-1923-59-12-27_zps31611903.png

Next steps:
1: put some bigger buildings (faster) --> need to make medium size city.
2: fill visible places with textures --> needs to be done only after buidlings and roads :)
3: catenary , signs and signals --> I don't like work with these but it's need to be done.
4: additional splines (fences, walls, utility poles, some shadows-->maybe).
5: small accessories (bins, flower pots, benches, lights) and billboards --> I love these details so I'm looking forward to it. :)

From now on I have two weeks off from work, so I should have plenty of time to Trainz. I'm sure I'll throw another procedure sometime around Christmas.
If someone had a problem with viewing photos on photobucket just write me. And I will be glad for any advice or suggestions.
What do you like and what did you dislike.

Have a nice day.

hey nice!! I didn't know they had a ramp bridge for the narrow guage or did you custom make that yourself? Catenary wires are a pain to install. There are some track mods that have the wires already with them (Track with Cantary) but they are for the standard gauge tracks only. They do have splines of the MEdium and Large city buildings but they are USA only, but I'm sure you could custiomize the buildings to be more Japanese.
It would be cool if you could show a video of your set in action. like have a train traveling though it.
Well take care and happy holidays!!

Thanks Railshuttle. Bridges are not mine. I just changed tracks of the standart gauge bridge with one of my narrow gauge tracks.
Very soon I'm gooing to make a spline with just japanese houses. Another thing is the video. I will make a YouTube account and show some videos, because I made lot of invisible sound objects for (road/street/highway traffic, station traffic, some city squares, playground and tennis courts, construction sites, birds and cicadas, water and wind and lot of more.

I'm curious how fast the video will be. How much FPS I will have. Anyway. In May 2014 I want to buy a new computer. Perfectly capable to run TS2009 and even TS2012 or newer. So I need to wait little more.

wow!! you've done a lot of stuff on this layout!! I know I too have to get a stronger computer cause TS12 runs very slow and lags to the point of stand still in
places where there are alot of buildings and animated objects. as Far as FPS for a video. I thinks Fraps should be ok but there might be some programs that allow you to shoot faster FPS I already have a you tube account so I'll defiantly be looking forward to seeing the video tour of your layout.
well good luck with your projects and happy holidays all!!

Hey how's Isaccg doing with his Yamanote Line? I haven't seen him on here in a while. Also, after creating an N700, someone should create the Shinkansen 800 maybe?

Back