Japan

@Alexmaria: Here are the pictures. The nr2 and nr2 show the subway cars. One of the orange set is the motive power and one of the yellow set is motive power. the rest are simple cars. The two locos in the bottom trays are both Japanese steam engines. All Japanese content is indeed Kato. Originally, they cost 700-750 yen for the unpowered stock and 2700 yen for the power cars. Back then, the yen was pegged at 360 to a dollar.

I also shot the other boxes of rolling/motive stock I have in nr3 and nr4. Nr5 is kind of unique. I bought these two little engines in 1957 while living in Germany. They are Fleishmann N-scale. I've run them so long the finish on the tires is scarred so badly they won't run now without sparking heavily and stalling.

nr1:

nr1.jpg

nr2:

nr2.jpg

nr3:

nr3.jpg

nr4:

nr4.jpg

nr5:

nr5.jpg

They've been for sale for quite a while. If anyone is interested, PM me. I cannot ship out of the US though. Sorry.

Bill

@Alexmaria: Here are the pictures. The nr2 and nr2 show the subway cars. One of the orange set is the motive power and one of the yellow set is motive power. the rest are simple cars. The two locos in the bottom trays are both Japanese steam engines. All Japanese content is indeed Kato. Originally, they cost 700-750 yen for the unpowered stock and 2700 yen for the power cars. Back then, the yen was pegged at 360 to a dollar.

I also shot the other boxes of rolling/motive stock I have in nr3 and nr4. Nr5 is kind of unique. I bought these two little engines in 1957 while living in Germany. They are Fleishmann N-scale. I've run them so long the finish on the tires is scarred so badly they won't run now without sparking heavily and stalling.

nr1:

nr2:

nr3:

nr4:

nr5:

They've been for sale for quite a while. If anyone is interested, PM me. I cannot ship out of the US though. Sorry.

Bill

Nice trains. I am not an owner of a real model railway but I like them :).

@ Jrdiver

I looked at the Trainz gallery and found that you had lots of nice other pics of the Icarus Shinkansen. Well done :D. I have a question for you. Are you still working on an e233 engine sound? I always found it very difficult to find good source material for the E233.

I did made E231-1000 and E231-500/900 sounds though. They are on the DLS.

But I still long for a good E233 sound (without announcements).

BTW AG Trainz has a new train the Meitetsu 7000. It is very nice.

Thanks, you are more then welcome to use them if you want. Plus, I also have train consist for the Icarus Main Line. I have used the Shonan color 205, E231, and E233 Series.
I'm still doing the E233 Series engine sound, it's sometimes hard to get the right sound files right for each "Up" "Idle" and "down," but, it's getting close to being done. Also, I was busy making videos of BVE5. I totally have fun driving trains on real and Fictional routes in Japan. But unfortunately, that the Nagoya_Common used on some routes and Fictional routes where unpublished last month, and I don't know when they going to be back up

Last edited:
What do you do when your space is limited, but you need a bus terminal next to a rail terminal?...

You do this..
(Wait for a bus to arrive and see the solution, or wind back a bit.)

A neat idea for Trainz.

Cheers,

Graham

Wow! a Japanese bus turntable.
Watching the video - not many passengers (probably due to Covid) but it seems the trains and buses are working to timetable.

What do you do when your space is limited, but you need a bus terminal next to a rail terminal?...

You do this..
(Wait for a bus to arrive and see the solution, or wind back a bit.)

A neat idea for Trainz.

Cheers,

Graham

Very nice. Someone should make this in Trainz :).

Thanks, you are more then welcome to use them if you want. Plus, I also have train consist for the Icarus Main Line. I have used the Shonan color 205, E231, and E233 Series.
I'm still doing the E233 Series engine sound, it's sometimes hard to get the right sound files right for each "Up" "Idle" and "down," but, it's getting close to being done. Also, I was busy making videos of BVE5. I totally have fun driving trains on real and Fictional routes in Japan. But unfortunately, that the Nagoya_Common used on some routes and Fictional routes where unpublished last month, and I don't know when they going to be back up

I have always tried to find a good central place for routes and Trainz for BVE 5 for Japan and most stuff seems to live on different websites. Do you know a place where I can good Japan routes? Especially interested in some Tokyo Metro routes.

Edited to add: Tokyo Station Live cam. This does seems to be a new cam:

Last edited:
I love to hear Cathy report the news. She's a fox. Sad to hear of the retiring of the DD51 diesels, though. I did find it interesting that the D51 was run using compressed air instead of live steam. I doubt any lengthy run could be made, but that little 200M run seemed a real treat. I'm wondering if anyone will attempt creating a few of those DMVs. Seems like a worthy thing to pursue. The transition between road and track and back is pure genius being applied to passengers instead of MOW vehicles.

Bill

Thanks guys. I'll see if I can get it up and running without help. The grass on the side of the tracks does make it look better I just don't wanna go overboard.

That looks really good! I actually did drove that train on the Toei Asakusa Line in BVE. I'm planning on driving on the Niihama Line next soon
Ignore that there was in car announcement while I was driving the train. I wanted to see what if the Asakua Line had announcements in one of the Kesei vehicle
bwm8Ns00AFk

Ok I got the hotel train to work. Guess I didn't have the configuration right. It's a pretty cool train. Inside the cab however there is this wierd triangle thing. Is that a glitch? Did some night running with it too. Enjoy!!
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Inside the cab however there is this wierd triangle thing. Is that a glitch?

I think that's the head of the driver inside the cab. Go to settings > General settings > Enable free internal camera, then move forward with the arrow keys. That should fix it.

Last edited:
I've been exceptionally busy lately, and i will still be for the following two weeks

Welp. That took far longer than i originally expected, however, now i'm glad to say that i'm now back on track!

I'm a bit ashamed that my last Japanese train (the Kyoto Municipal Subway 10 Series) was relased over four months ago, on the 6th of April; however, this hasn't been an entirely fruitless period. As many of you may have noticed, i've added three more countries to my website: the USA, South Korea and Egypt. I wanted to do some stuff for the former two for sometime now (the South Korea section does have something that, while not Japanese, might be surely very well liked by a couple of regular posters on this thread...), while the latter one, Egypt, was more of an unexpected "bump-in-the-road" kind of thing (and an experience i'd relly like not to repeat...). As i said in an earlier post, in the near future more content will be avaible on both the USA and South Korea section, and (knowing myself) sooner or later a Taiwan section will open as well.

Having said that, i'm happy to announce that finally the 183/189/485/489 Series reskin megapack is now ready and avaible for download on my website!

Here are the JR East and JR Kyushu liveries (from left to right: Nikko livery 189 Series, Azusa Livery 183 Series, Grade-Up Azusa 189 Series, old Ayano Livery 189 Series, Asama Livery 189 Series, Komakusa Livery 485 Series, Hitachi Express livery 485 Series, Viva Aizu 485 Series, Niigata depot livery 485 Series, Katsuta depot livery 485 Series, Hakusan Livery 489 Series and JR Kyushu's 485 Serieses in the Kamome, Kirishima and "Red Express" livieries).

JR-EK.png

And here are the JR West livieries (from left to right: "Super Raicho" livery 485 Series, Hakutaka livery 485 Series, Shisaragi livery 485 Series and the 183-200/700/800 Serieses in the JR West "Café au Lait" and "JNR-style" livieries).

jrw.png

Not pictured due to space constraints are the Azusa livery 189 Series, Grade-Up Azusa 183 Series and the "bonnet-style" cars for the Hitachi express livery 485 Series, Niigata depot livery 485 Series, Hakusan livery 489 Series and JR Kyushu's "Red Express" 485 Series.

And i'm already onto modelling my next pack: the 211 Series! (plus the 213 Series, 719 Series, 415-1500 Series and JR Shikoku's 6000 Series!)

211.png

Also, you may remember my "things i'd like to do in 2021 list" from the 1st of January - well, there have been some changes: the KiHa 58 reskin megapack has been postponed to another year, and will be replaced (togheter with some others) by a few other trains i'm currently more keen on doing (i'd like to keep them a a surprise, however they've been all mentioned atleast once as "something someone would like to see" in this thread sometime after the 1st of January ;-) )

Last edited:
Back