Japan

Step 1:
You have to chose the option save as .cdp. Trainz then makes a .CDP in the folder you assign it to. For easy access you can make a folder at your desktop called: Trainz Routes Backup.
Step 2:
Within this folder make a new folder called: Icarus Shinkansen Backup. Then chose save as .cdp and then navigate to the folder you have just made and save the .cdp there.
Step 3:
Delete the current version of Icarus Shinkansen
Step 4:
Install the updated version of the Icarus Shinkansen by choosing import .cdp file or dragging it from an Explorer Window

-- You can now play the updated version but you cannot in this situation play the old version as you have deleted that--
However there is so much in the new version that I don't know why you want back. Yes the Shinkansen changes you have made will be reverted but I advise against adapting the Shinkansen side of the route until I publish a Final version. A final version will always be updated to the DLS. But these are just monthly backups.

If you now chose to go back to the old version then delete the new version and import the .cdp file from the backup version.

If you are unsure or insecure about it you can make a new route place a few objects on it and call it test and then practice the backup procedure. But that is just an optional suggestion.

right i see! thanks a ton

This Evening at 19:30 a milestone was reached. The Icarus Shinkansen is now track complete. From the Icarus Main Line Depot (a new depot coming in the next Building Snapshot) North of Icaruco Airport to the South edge of the map it is a train drive of 129 km distance over the Icarus main line on the officially called East Icarus Section. With limited Express (with some stations skipped) it takes 2 hours and 14 minutes. I did not yet measure how long an all stop train takes but I imagine the drive will be over 3 hours one way. The Shinkansen takes about 50 minutes to cross this distance with some stops.
-------------->
Of course means that the map is not finished because I have to work on the other lines, all caternary and all the other details. But is is nice that the main goal the modeling of the Icarus Shinkansen and Icarus Main line is reached.
-------------->
Also the end of this project is coming within sight. I estimate it will take a year from now to produce a final version (like I did with the Electro Island Finals). But I am careful not to make full predictions. But if I reach that stage next step will be a merge of Icarus and Electro Island map in one mega map.
-------------->
If this line existed in the real world it is about the distance from Tokyo Station to Katahama (edge of Shizouoka) prefecture. IRL this is 130 km. And the Shinkansen would be comparable to Tokyo Station to Mishima 111.5km.

Last edited:
Someone made my favorite Japan train spot Oji Station in Cities Skylines:

Not Trainz but really good. Cities Skylines has such good Japan Content.
But it is not a train sim. Although you can ride out of the cab.
Almost tempted to buy it but I probably won't for some time because it would distract me from finishing the Icarus Shinkansen.

The ideal game would be a mixture between Trainz 2019 AND Cities Skylines for me.

Oji Station in Cities Skylines:

Last edited:
Has anyone seen any tracks like the ones shown in this picture? They look interesting for spots where there might be water accumulation.

02941.jpg

I could approximate them using a concrete sidewalk and rails-only, but it would be easier if someone had already made them.

Bill

Has anyone seen any tracks like the ones shown in this picture? They look interesting for spots where there might be water accumulation.

https://intellisigsys.net/pics/02941.jpg

I could approximate them using a concrete sidewalk and rails-only, but it would be easier if someone had already made them.

Bill

I really want slab tracks aswell. I don't know how to make them :/

Anyways
I found this interesting N gauge train that caught my eye.

DdEwiaAUwAERq1c.jpg

https://twitter.com/nagata_msc165/status/995630426814169089

I have three, two-car sets of N-scale trains just like these (in shape). They are all one color: dark green, orange, and medium blue. Bought them in a tiny hobby store in Hachinohe, Japan way back in 1973. One set has had the pantograph broken off, but fixable (If I'm careful).

Bill

I have three, two-car sets of N-scale trains just like these (in shape). They are all one color: dark green, orange, and medium blue. Bought them in a tiny hobby store in Hachinohe, Japan way back in 1973. One set has had the pantograph broken off, but fixable (If I'm careful).

Bill

They sound like the original Kato 103 Series "Kokuden" sets from the early 1970s. Can we get a pic?

They sound like the original Kato 103 Series "Kokuden" sets from the early 1970s. Can we get a pic?

Sure. Let me dig them out of my stash in the basement. May have to wait a little. I just had a heart cryoablation done this morning and I'll be a little rocky for a few days, plus I can't go up/down stairs at all.

Bill

Last edited:
Hey gang!! I've done a little work on my route while I was recovering. I managed to reach the end of the Azule line with a small yard. Got a question, That hotel train was missing the power car Lead engine. Did I miss downloading it? I just got the observation car and I thought it was the locomotive. It didn't work and I had to use a diesel to haul it around. Enjoy the pics.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Hi Railshuttle
The Shiki Shima trainset uses the Observation car as the loco as well - at least that is how I have the consist setup and driving.

<kuid:501228:7010001> JRC - JR East E001[7] SHIKI-SHIMA Train Suite [Sleeping car]
<kuid:501228:6010001> JRC - JR East E001[6] SHIKI-SHIMA Train Suite [Dining car]
<kuid:501228:5010001> JRC - JR East E001[5] SHIKI-SHIMA Train Suite [Lounge]
<kuid:501228:4010001> JRC - JR East E001[4] SHIKI-SHIMA Train Suite [Sleeping Car]
<kuid:501228:2010001> JRC - JR East E001[2-3-8-9] SHIKI-SHIMA Train Suite [Sleeping Car]
<kuid:501228:1010001> JRC - JR East E001[1-10] SHIKI-SHIMA Train Suite [Observation car] & Locomotive

Hey gang!! I've done a little work on my route while I was recovering. I managed to reach the end of the Azule line with a small yard. Got a question, That hotel train was missing the power car Lead engine. Did I miss downloading it? I just got the observation car and I thought it was the locomotive. It didn't work and I had to use a diesel to haul it around. Enjoy the pics.

Looks nice. Also good that you have added grasses and bushes between the track. The hotel train drives around in Japan in this configuration:

Back