Japan

I don't think the S2 is a real train, but thank you for the E2!!!

However, I've tried making a China Railways CRH2 (the regular version without extra lights) from that set myself, but I couldn't replace the Pokémon with the CRH logo which resulted in being faulty. I've only cloned and tested the first car before I decided not to do the whole set.

Last edited:
Here's a screenshot of my failed CRH2 reskin which I've talked about earlier.

Well I would consider 'failed' a big word. But I noticed the CRH logo is mirrored. But actually this belongs in the Chinese Screenshots I think. I know I know not trying to play the off-topic police here because it actually started out as Hirochi's E2.:p.

@ Hirochi are you gonna do the normal E2's too?. I mean the regular ones that are in service?

Last edited:
It also has this pantograph, heres a screenshot
800px-SeriesE2_Type0-Pantagraph.jpg

Well I would consider 'failed' a big word. But I noticed the CRH logo is mirrored. But actually this belongs in the Chinese Screenshots I think. I know I know not trying to play the off-topic police here because it actually started out as Hirochi's E2.:p.

@ Hirochi are you gonna do the normal E2's too?. I mean the regular ones that are in service?

You're right, but I just have to put it here because Hirochi is the creator of the E2. Also, there's really no way of putting the Chinese characters (for "CRH" I think) onto the nose of the E2 and on the side of it. It also has blue underneath the windshield which is pretty much on all CRH2 variants with some have the extra nose lights and some have blue stripe going to the nose.

Very weird and odd to use scissor pantograph nowadays :hehe:

Japanese railways in general, were probably the last among the advanced railway networks in the world to adopt a single-arm pantograph.

The first ones were used on JR freight's EF200 locomotive (1990-93) and on the Shin-Keisei 8900 series (1993), altough those were much closer to the classical european-style single-arm pantograph (such as the one used on the SNCF CC6500 electric locomotive) than the bone-like japanese pantograph found on all the modern EMUs (such as the E235).

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d2/JRF_EF200_901.jpg

http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/m900d/imgs/c/0/c04368fe.jpg

The first JR train with a single-arm pantograph looking like the modern ones was the 383 series of JR Central (1994).

http://art32.photozou.jp/pub/736/141736/photo/72887747_624.jpg

For comparison, single-arm pantographs were designed in 1955 by a french engineer, Louis Faively, and first used by SNCF on their BB25000 locomotives (1957).

Last edited:
You're right, but I just have to put it here because Hirochi is the creator of the E2. Also, there's really no way of putting the Chinese characters (for "CRH" I think) onto the nose of the E2 and on the side of it. It also has blue underneath the windshield which is pretty much on all CRH2 variants with some have the extra nose lights and some have blue stripe going to the nose.

Well I think you can still finish it without a blue stripe. It should be fun too have a Chinese variant. If you make it close enough it can still be a fun train.

When I look at the wikipedia page I see they started with the 'original look' variant and then went from there. The current variants are more removed from the original in terms of design. I believe Kawasaki Heavy Industries where not 'really' happy about that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Railway_CRH2

Well I think you can still finish it without a blue stripe. It should be fun too have a Chinese variant. If you make it close enough it can still be a fun train.

When I look at the wikipedia page I see they started with the 'original look' variant and then went from there. The current variants are more removed from the original in terms of design. I believe Kawasaki Heavy Industries where not 'really' happy about that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Railway_CRH2

That's what lead to the CRH380A which I have the Southland Sims Beta model of.
I just gave up on my take of the CRH2 project because it's hard to add more details on where they should be and I already explained that.

Last edited:
A lot of time has passed since my last work, so today i present you a totally new, built-from-zero train: Tobu's Series 9000.

Tobu-9000-screenshot.jpg

The Tobu 9000 series was introduced in 1981, ahead of the planned start of inter-running services between the Tojo Line and the TRTA Line No.8 - Yurakuchō Line.

It was Tobu's first new commuter train in 18 years (the last being the 8000 series introduced in 1963 and built until 1983), it was also Tobu's first stainess-steel train and also the first one using the armature current chopper control.

A prototype set, 9101F, entered service in 1981, with the full-production trains being delivered in 1987.
One more set was put in service in 1991 and two in 1994, coinciding with the opening of the Yurakuchō New Line (wich would later become the Fukutoshin Line in 2008), bringing the total to 10 ten-car sets.
These later two are classified 9050 series and have improvements similar to those on Tobu's 20500 series, such as a GTO-VVVF inverter control and a new sides design.

With the opening of the Fukutoshin Line in 2008 and the connection of Tokyu's network to the new Shibuya underground station in 2013, Tobu's 9000 series were renovated (destination signs and headlights changed to LED, added the required capability to run with Tokyu's proprietary ATS system and the driving cabs upgraded to a design similar to Tobu's 50070 series, used togheter on the same duties) and started trough-running the Fukutoshin Line, the Tokyu Toyoko Line and the Yokohama Minatomirai Line, all the way to Motomachi-Chukagai station on both express and local services.

Currently there are no plans to replace the 9000 series.

Trivia:

The prototype set 9101F was built by three different manufacturers: four cars (9101, 9201, 9301, 9401) were made by Tokyu Car Co. (nowdays J-TREC), two cars (9501 and 9601) were made by Fuji Heavy Industires and the remaining four (9701, 9801, 9901 and 9001) were made by Alna Sharyo.

DOWNLOAD:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ipw4-IuKRg6KLjx1cvT8eVCEIIh8vkL7

This 9MB .rar pack contains:

-the 4 cars of the train (KuHa, MoHa, MoHa [P] and SaHa).
-a ready-to-run 10-car consist.
-a custom armature current chopper enginesound.
-the screenshot above.

All the dependencies should be avaible from the DLS, if otherwise let me know.

Bonus picture from metroarchive.jp:
The start of inter-running services in 1987 : Tobu 9000 series on the Shin-Kiba-bound (via Yurakuchō line) track, TRTA 7000 series on the Shinrin-Koen-bound (via the Tobu Tojo Line) track. Cutting the ribbon are the chairmans of both companies.
At the left of the 7000 series train, you can see TRTA's unique flag, used in evry inauguration since the opening of the Marunouchi line in 1954.

KU5-02.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Alexmaria
The Tobu 9000 assets show errors - check your hornsound and enginesound kuids, also kuid '4' in the kuid list was non-existent.
I have fixed the errors and everything worked out ok on my install.

May i ask where you got the Quadruple (4 Track) Bridge?

http://jirctrainz.com/track-and-spline/

Hi Alexmaria
The Tobu 9000 assets show errors - check your hornsound and enginesound kuids, also kuid '4' in the kuid list was non-existent.
I have fixed the errors and everything worked out ok on my install.

The enginesound kuides are:

<kuid:668654:100123> - Motor Transmission Sound
<kuid:668654:100121> - Armature current chopper Sound

The hornsound kuid is <kuid:668654:100125>

About Kuid 4, the one i have listed as "kuid 4" is the armature chopper enginesound.

Back