Japan

So start on the 200 and share your progress. It will be difficult. The 200 has a slightly other nose.

Yes i am aware of that.

And about my 200 Series (Non)Refurbished it will have the following or what you will expect to look like

-Solid Model (No interior)
-A Cab i might build
-Appropiate Hornsound
-Possible Enginesound
-6-5 Cars (Im not making all 10~12 Cars)
But it will include
-Greencars
-Pantographs
-Average Passenger car
-Both front and rear (Pantograph ones)

Last edited:
Sighe... I really... REALLY WISH that I could commission. Tho I can’t because I’m not 18 and don’t have a credit card. I’m just extremely jealous of all of you who can even commission. All was I wanted (not begging) was a E3 before. Tho it’s just the credit card problem which blocked my way to do so. That all pretty much means my only hope is hirochi. Which he only understand Japanese... and doesnt really talk much... so I’m pretty much screw with the things I have.

Even if you could commission you have to be patient. Be patient.

By the way the commsioning is not everything either. I commissioned the E3 to J Trainz. I paid in advance and it still not delivered in this way. Maybe it does materialise some day.....

The only way to be sure is follow the example of ricardolucasandoval who is planning to learn the ropes and build a Shinkansen for himself. The reason I don't build is simply time plus I am building a large route for several years now and still not finished. So I am willing to pay for the effort others make in time, money and patiencie to learn the tools and I am patient to wait.

I did complete a course of AutoCad so learning 3DSMax possible to learn in the future If I want. But no wish for at the moment.

Also please consider this:

The situation in Trainz (Shinkansen-wise as you showed only interest in those till now) is not bad at all in comparison with other sims:

Examples:

- The other sim Train Sim (Train sim for example) have only the Shinkansen 300 and the Chinese HSR's (But that is off topic here).
- Open BEVE or BVE have Shinkansens but certainly not all.
- Cities Skylines and Transport Fever 1/2 have them but don't have the sim aspect of it.
- And A-Train 9 have ALL models but is a management game with a first person perspective
- Densha de Go is too old now and the new Densha de Go is arcade but no Shinkansens yet
- VRM 3/4/5/ VRM Online - Probably have all models but the route size is restricted.
- Railfan Taiwan have a great route but only one route and is for Ps3. And it is basically a movie played with a dash and game elements on it
- Train Sim Kyushu shinkansen is for Ps2. same..

So What am I meaning by saying this. The Shinkansen situation in Trainz is very healthy and with the return of Hircochi we are very grateful to have updated models.
So again be patient of what will materialise.

O and you get 18 automatically and then you can own a credit card or a Paywall account.

Last edited:
Yes i am aware of that.

And about my 200 Series (Non)Refurbished it will have the following or what you will expect to look like

-Solid Model (No interior)
-A Cab i might build
-Appropiate Hornsound
-Possible Enginesound
-6-5 Cars (Im not making all 10~12 Cars)
But it will include
-Greencars
-Pantographs
-Average Passenger car
-Both front and rear (Pantograph ones)

Great. Will follow the progress with interest.

@ricardolucasandoval

Sketchup is fairly easy to use, but it's really limited in it's capabilities (curved surfaces are almost impossible to get right).

You can convert .skp files to the trainz mesh .im file using the RubyTMX plugin for sketchup and then use the pevsoft Attachment maker to make the attachment points (for the bogeys, the interior...) on your mesh.

I'd also advise against starting with a complex model such as the 200 Series shinkansen. You'd be better off starting with a boxy commuter EMU to learn the ropes, before switching to more complex trains.

(i've been using sketchup for about a year, and i still can't get right the Meitetsu 100 Series for my Nagoya Subway Tsurumai Line route)

Last edited:
Ok so i looked at a Youtube video of a 200 series departing Tokyo and heres the cars im gonna be making:

Car 10-Pantograph
Car 9
Car 8
Car 5 or 6
and Car 1.
And a Green car which does not have a pantograph (No clue where is located)

This is just for the Refurbished.

Last edited:
@ricardolucasandoval

Sketchup is fairly easy to use, but it's really limited in it's capabilities (curved surfaces are almost impossible to get right).

You can convert .skp files to the trainz mesh .im file using the RubyTMX plugin for sketchup and then use the pevsoft Attachment maker to make the attachment points (for the bogeys, the interior...) on your mesh.

I'd also advise against starting with a complex model such as the 200 Series shinkansen. You'd be better off starting with a boxy commuter EMU to learn the ropes, before switching to more complex trains.

(i've been using sketchup for about a year, and i still can't get right the Meitetsu 100 Series for my Nagoya Subway Tsurumai Line route)

Alright thanks for the Advice ;)

Also ive found another lost picture of Conny's wonderful trains
JapaneseRoad-HighwayMarkings.jpg

Last edited:
Even if you could commission you have to be patient. Be patient.

By the way the commsioning is not everything either. I commissioned the E3 to J Trainz. I paid in advance and it still not delivered in this way. Maybe it does materialise some day.....

The only way to be sure is follow the example of ricardolucasandoval who is planning to learn the ropes and build a Shinkansen for himself. The reason I don't build is simply time plus I am building a large route for several years now and still not finished. So I am willing to pay for the effort others make in time, money and patiencie to learn the tools and I am patient to wait. [QUOTE/]

well yes of course I will be patient, it’s not like the guy can just pop out a train just for you and also I’m talking about money problems not that I just took E3 as an example.

And also about the games you have recommend me. Looks is not like my laptop can handle everything and plus in my country. Those old games doesn’t exist anymore and I won’t even be able to find it anyways. Plus, I played trainz for years now and I wouldn’t have let go from it.

and yea I know when I get 18 I get my own credit card but I need to wait like 2 years until that happenes.

if I am not patient, just tell to do that. I really wouldn’t know when will I be mad and begging for trains. I’m really trying my best here.

Alright. So from Sketchup. I will make the 200 series car like the one without a pantograph. This one has a boxy design. If i recall, i think this is car 6.

All i need to do is to get the dimensions of the train. So if somebody knows please tell me.
Oh i completely forgot. This will also have the Restaurant car.
And im not so good at knowing dimensions so i need help through this.

Last edited:
Glad to know that this thread is so lively.
I will post some screenshots, my apologies for the very low resolution and poor graphics.
Many thanks to Japanese asset creators especially Rizky, Kurotrick, Hirochi, Keimei, Matura, Kenichiro and all other creators out there, you made our hobbies more enjoyable.

EVUHg2qUYAAKHTk

EVUHyNDU0AE3jJ2

EVUH9O8UMAAaR2_

EVUIIddU4AErwf5

I also post Phone-captured images on my Twitter thread here : https://twitter.com/LeonardEricLie/status/1243828937483927552?s=20

Last edited:
Glad to know that this thread is so lively.
I will post some screenshots, my apologies for the very low resolution and poor graphics.
Many thanks to Japanese asset creators especially Rizky, Kurotrick, Hirochi, Keimei, Matura, Kenichiro and all other creators out there, you made our hobbies more enjoyable.

I also post Phone-captured images on my Twitter thread here : https://twitter.com/LeonardEricLie/status/1243828937483927552?s=20

Hi Welcome to the forums.

These are very good pics. So don't be sorry as the quality is good and the quality of the route looks very good. It is almost the same situation as the station that I am working on now. The station on my fantasy route Icarus Shinkansen that I am working on is called Awaji Station. It has the Shinkansen Station on the same side as you but I see you are using a nice overbridge.

So feel welcome to post more if you want. :D.

Alright. So from Sketchup. I will make the 200 series car like the one without a pantograph. This one has a boxy design. If i recall, i think this is car 6.

All i need to do is to get the dimensions of the train. So if somebody knows please tell me.
Oh i completely forgot. This will also have the Restaurant car.
And im not so good at knowing dimensions so i need help through this.

Now, to make a new train, you'll need two reference images: one for the front and one for the side.
Both must be absolutely horizontal and if you want to use them as textures, they must have been taken in neutral light condition (e.g. absolutely not in backlight conditions).

Wikipedia almost always lists the dimension for lenght and width (and sometimes height too). Mind that it's better to go to the "native tongue" pages for the train you will make (in this case, use the japanese wikipedia version).

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/新幹線200系電車

"Kakeyama photo studio" (kakeyama.image.coocan.jp) has perfectly horizontal side scans of most japanese trains, and will be instrumental.

http://kakeyama.fan.coocan.jp/tec/200h.htm

If you can't find perfectly horizontal front pictures, "trainsface.art" (trainsface.art.coocan.jp) comes in your help. Note that you can use these also for intermediate cars, as they have the same loading gauge as the cab ones.

http://trainsface.art.coocan.jp/site2005/railway/jr_jnr/jr_top_shinkansen.html

Now, learning to make a train in sketchup is a lenghty process, wich i won't be able to explain in enough detail on this forum.

After i've finished doing all of the Tokyu 1000 Series variants (i'm almost there) i'll start making the Tokyu 8090 and 8590 Series trains (also in sketchup), so how about this: i'll record the making process so you can follow step-by-step what you have to do.

Just be patient a couple, maybe three weeks and then you'll see.

Dimensions are on the English Wikipedia Site:

For more info go there: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/200_Series_Shinkansen

Dimensions of a normal car (in bewteen car) are:

Car length25,000 mm (82 ft 0 in)
Width3,385 mm (11 ft 1.3 in)
Height4,410 mm (14 ft 6 in)
DoorsTwo per side

Now, to make a new train, you'll need two reference images: one for the front and one for the side.
Both must be absolutely horizontal and if you want to use them as textures, they must have been taken in neutral light condition (e.g. absolutely not in backlight conditions).

Wikipedia almost always lists the dimension for lenght and width (and sometimes height too). Mind that it's better to go to the "native tongue" pages for the train you will make (in this case, use the japanese wikipedia version.

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/新幹線200系電車

"Kakeyama photo studio" (kakeyama.image.coocan.jp) has perfectly horizontal side scans of most japanese trains, and will be instrumental.

http://kakeyama.fan.coocan.jp/tec/200h.htm

If you can't find perfectly horizontal front pictures, "trainsface.art" (trainsface.art.coocan.jp) comes in your help. Note that you can use these also for intermediate cars, as they have the same loading gauge as the cab ones.

http://trainsface.art.coocan.jp/site2005/railway/jr_jnr/jr_top_shinkansen.html

Now, learning to make a train in sketchup is a lenghty process, wich i won't be able to explain in enough detail on this forum.

After i've finished doing all of the Tokyu 1000 Series variants (i'm almost there) i'll start making the Tokyu 8090 and 8590 Series trains (also in sketchup), so how about this: i'll record the making process so you can follow step-by-step what you have to do.

Just be patient a couple, maybe three weeks and then you'll see.

That will be useful for everyone. Thanks for the links to those sites. Did not know they existed.

Hi Welcome to the forums.

These are very good pics. So don't be sorry as the quality is good and the quality of the route looks very good. It is almost the same situation as the station that I am working on now. The station on my fantasy route Icarus Shinkansen that I am working on is called Awaji Station. It has the Shinkansen Station on the same side as you but I see you are using a nice overbridge.

So feel welcome to post more if you want. :D.

Glad to post something here again after a while reading in silence, those pics is just some appreciation for the creators out there.

Your Icarus Shinkansen and that gigantic route you made is splendid as well, pagroove. The reason that i didn't play on your route is just because of my hardware limitations, i'm running TS12 on a laptop with i3-380M and just 128MB of VRAM.

I'm working on (and only one) a fictional route "Japanistic" that mainly focuses on Urban and Suburban Railway environment along the Keihin-Tohoku and Tokaido lines, so the Shinkansen tracks is just there as an additional, but the announcement and departure procedures including chimes is there, i might post some videos about this particularly busy station in the future (chimes and announcements pop here and there i tell ya? :D).

This route is good only on driver's eye level view though, when you zoom out, the flaws is blatantly shown, because of my hardware limitations i refrain from filling further than 150m radius of tracks with objects. And i play Trainz not to Drive them, i only doing Virtual Railfanning / Virtual Trainspotting in it.

Because of the "Realistic" departure sequence (Signalling, Chimes, Doors, etc,) you might wouldn't believe how many commands i have to squeeze on that tiny bar just to get a train to depart! :D.

I'm still working, photos and videos will coming! XD

EDIT : Here's a video!
Before Rizky made that Hi-tech Platform Info Display, i was confused on which train will arrive.
Now, its still confuse me on where or what to film because the trains come all at once! :D

Last edited:
EDIT : Here's a video!
Before Rizky made that Hi-tech Platform Info Display, i was confused on which train will arrive.
Now, its still confuse me on where or what to film because the trains come all at once! :D

It is fantastic. Also the Rizky indicators are working fantastic. Are they difficult to set up?
For now I cannot use them on my route as the first version has to be 100% DLS compatible but I can make later a 'Rizkyfied' version. And then I can use those assets.

Also very good Train melodies, sounds and announcements.

Yea. But im making the Refurbished. But i do appreciate your help but its not the right train. BUT im gonna and try to take some of the things of the H Set to the Refurbished.

Oh Apologies. i didnt even see that you listed the 200h post the first time my bad.

Anyway im gonna start tommorow on the Model if i have time.

But for trainface, do you have the pictures of one of the horizontal cars of the refurbished?

Last edited:
Back