Japan

Thanks TreinspotterJeffrey - have downloaded the missing train assets.

Thanks also Jagg for giving me the name of missing asset:
<kuid:501228:100059> RNP コンクリート壁スプライン (Concrete Wall Spline)
However, I cannot locate it - it should not affect the route.

Alex, your content, ED15 & 3500 series are having Site Error.

Thanks for the report. I've put an "out of order" label on both download pages, i'll see if i can fix, altough i fear i might have lost the files for the ED15...

Hi all,
It has been a while ago since I've shared any new content, but today, I'm going to share a new route!
It's about my Keihin-Tohoku Line project. It's available here on my website!

I've taken a quick look, and boy it is a nice route!

The "subject" choice is also interesting, as you're modelling what's probably the "quietest" part of the Keihin-Tohoku Line. Usually, most choose to model the inner Tokyo section (between Uenoe and Shinagawa) or the section parallel to the Tokaido Main Line (Shinagawa-Yokohama) so this is a nice change.

I'm looking forward to see it finished!

Also, as promised, here's my final "refurbsiment" of Keimei's Hanshin Railway stock: the 1000 Series.

Hanshin-1000-Series-Copia.png

It is already avaible at my website here.

So, the 1000 Series was introduced in 2006 by Hanshin Railway to operate rapid and express trough-services with the Kintetsu Main Line via the newly-opened Hanshin Namba Line.

Now, besides the Main Line and the short shuttle-like Mukogawa Line, Hanshin Railway did also own a third line, the Nishi-Osaka Line, wich branched off at Amagasaki and ran to Nishikujo on the Osaka Loop Line.
This line was initially opened in 1928 as the Denpo Line, and was intended to be part of a planned "Hanshin Second Line" wich would have acted as a parallel bypass for the Main Line, however World War 2 put an end to these plans, wich were eventually abandoned shortly after.

With extension plans shelved, the Denpo Line was renamed as the "Nishi-Osaka Line" in 1964, with services now shuttling back and forth from Amagasaki to Nishikujo. Thus, until relatively recent, the role of the Nishi-Osaka Line remained a quite secondary one within the Hanshin Railway network.

Eventually, a beam of hope for the line came in the late 60s, with Kintetsu Railway opening it's Namba Line, an underground extension of the Nara Line, roughly paralleling the subway's Sennichimae Line, carrying Nara Line services further into the Osaka city center, with a newly-built terminus at Namba. As soon as the Kintetsu Namba Line opened in 1970, Hanshin Railway started drawing up plans for an eventual link line that would connect Kintetsu Namba station with Nishikujo Station on the Nishi-Osaka Line, enabling Kintetsu and Hanshin railway to run reciprocal trough-services.
However, due to financial and land acquisition issues, togheter with Hanshin Railway focusing more on improvments on the vital Main Line, plans for the link line were eventually shelved, sitting in a drawer taking dust until the late 1990s, when they were "re-discovered" as part of Hanshin Railway's reconstruction efforts after the 1995 Great Hanshin Earthquake, wich took a hefty toll on the railway.

After being obviously updated, the plans came to fruition in 2001, when construction was started on the new link line, now named as the "Hanshin Namba Line".
While the existing section of the line, between Amagasaki and Nishikujo remained propery of Hanshin Railway, the "link" section between Nishikujo and Kintetsu-Namba was being built and owned by the "Nishi-Osaka Rapid Railway Co.", a consortium company made up of Hanshin Railway and the Osaka Municipal and Prefectural governments.

With the construction of the line well underway, Hanshin Railway had to purchase suitable rolling stock for the new line, as the older trains operating on the line (the 5001 anf 5131/5331 Serieses) simply couldn't do.

Built by Kinki Sharyo (a manufacturer owned by Kintetsu Railway, among other things), the first 6-car set of the new 1000 Series was delivered to Hanshin Railway in October 2006, followed suit by two 2-car sets.
Extensively based on the earlier 9000 Series, wich was introduced in 1996 to replace all the rolling stock damaged by the earthquake, the new 1000 Series followed Kintetsu Railway's formation practices, and as such was formed in 6 or 2 car sets, wich could be used to form 8 or even 10-car sets (the maximium capacity of both Hanshin and Kintetsu lines).

The train's bodyshell was made of stainless steel, with "Hanshin Tiger Orange" (officially "Vivace Orange", where "Vivace" is Italian for "Lively") accents on the front and the doors.

Technically-wise, it used a very up-to date IGBT-VVVF inverter manufactured by Mitsubishi Electric, identical to the one on 9300 Series trains, so to contain maintainance costs. Naturally, the 1000 Series was also equipped with saftey systems compatible with the three different ATS types used by Hanshin, Kintetsu and San'yo Railway as well, enabling the 1000 Series to run trough-services between all three companies.

Like the first set, the whole fleet was manufactured by Kinki Sharyo and was delivered between October 2006 and 2009, with additional sets being delivered in 2011, bringing the total to 96 cars: thirteen 6-car sets and nine 2-car sets.

The 1000 Series entered service on the Nishi-Osaka Line on the 5th of October 2007, running alongside the older stock. When the Nishikujo-Kintetsu-Namba link line finally opened on the 20th of March 2009, the Nishi-Osaka Line was officially renamed as the "Hanshin Namba Line", and at the same time, all the older stock still in service on the line was retired and moved to the Hanshin Main Line to replace even older stock.

To fill the "gap" left by the retirement of the older stock, the 9000 Series fleet was moved from the Hanshin Main Line, refurbished, adapted for trough-services with Kintetsu Railway (wich, among other things, included a new livery based on the 1000 Series' one) and re-introduced in service, thus leaving the 9000 and 1000 Serieses as the only trains operating on the Hanshin Namba Line.

As of today, the 1000 Series is still in service and is a common sight on both the Hanshin Main Line, the Hanshin Namba Line and Kintetsu's Nara and Namba Lines as well. They do also run some services on the San'yo Railway, but these are far less common, as Hanshin Railway already has plenty of stock compatible with the latter's network.

Trivia#1

According to Hansin Railway, the 1000 Series was designated as such because it was the first train designed after the railway's centenary (in 2005).

Trivia#2

The 1000 Series was Hanshin Railway's first Kinki Sharyo-made train since the 1001 Series of 1936, altough the company also acted as a design consultant for Hanshin's 8000 Series, buitl between 1984 and 1996 by the railway's Mukogawa Workshops.

Trivia#3

The 1000 Series' cost was 130 milion yen per car

Bonus picture:

A semi-definitive sketch of the 1000 Series' styling made by Kinki Sharyo in 2005

hanshin-series1000.jpg

...aaaand with this we can say that #17 on the "list of things i'd like to do in 2021" is DONE!

aqaa.png

Really nice there AlexMaria, Going to give it a try soon :)

Anyways
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

So I changed up the Enviroment Lighting to see how good my shots turn out

Hi everyone , I'm a trainfan form Beijing, China.
I can't speak English well and I'm sorry for my poor English.
Who can make a Keio 7000/8000/9000 for me? I really like them and one of them is OK!
Thanks! :)

Really nice there AlexMaria, Going to give it a try soon :)

Anyways

So I changed up the Enviroment Lighting to see how good my shots turn out

Really nice shots. Within 2 weeks you can try out a new section of Shinkansen. Shin Hanyo to Oga. (Southward extension) when I share my Monthly building snapshot nr 1.

Who can make a Keio 7000/8000/9000 for me? I really like them and one of them is OK!

Hello and welcome. Your English is good :). Someone will come along to help you. I don't build trains but there are some people who do.

Hi, welcome!

Keio Railway is actually my favourite Japanese private railway company, so i'll certainly make something in the near future.

I was actually considering to make the 5000 Series (the 1963 ones, not the Keio Liner) and the 6000 Series, but the 7000 and 9000 Serieses are fine as well, altough i fear i might not be able to make the 8000 Series with my current 3D modelling skills as it has a quite complex front. That's quite unfortunate as it's actually my favourite Keio train and one of my favourite Japanese trains as well.

So, we'll see in the following months. stay tuned.

As promised, here's the "H-formations" 200 Series for Tohoku Shinkansen services.

JR-East-Shinkansen-200-Series-H-formations.png

It's already avaible for download at my website [Here].

These were six 16-car sets (classified as "H-Formations" H1 to H6) ordered in 1990 by the then newly-formed JR East to replace the "E-Formations" wich dated back to the Tohoku Shinkansen opening in 1982, but had suffered from serious metal fatigue and precocious wear and tear (a common problem also with most of the "early" 0 Series formation for Tokaido Shinkansen services, on wich the 200 Series was based), and to "speed up" services on the same line with the introduction of "Super Yamabiko" services between Tokyo and Morioka, running at a maximium speed of 240 Km/h.

Early plans called for trains almost identical to the lastest batch of 200 Series trains then in service (the G-Formations of 1987), but to reduce costs, and to improve the image of the Tohoku Shinkansen, JR East ultimately opted for trains very similar to the already in-production 100 Series for Tokaido Shinkansen services, whose project was to be modified and adapted for the harsher northern japan climate.

Among those modifications, the most notable ones are the small-type passenger windows and the fitting of a skirt to protect the undercarriage electric equipment and the fitting of air deflectors to protet the rooftop electrical connections between carriages.
However, for the sake of maintainance simplicity, the electrical and other tecnical equipment was almost identical to the one used on older 200 Series trains.

Finally, the H-formations kept the same livery design as the 100 Series, obviously with the Tohoku Shinkansen's green in place of the Tokaido Shinkansen's blue.

Built by Tokyu Car Co., the first of the H-formations entered service on the 23rd of June 1990, with the deliveries of the other five sets being completed in late July of the same year. By early August 1990, all six H-formations were in service.

Unfortunately, by the early 2000s, the H-formations began to show the same signs of precocious metal fatigue and wear of their predecessors, and therefore, a replacement was inevitable.

With the entry in regular service of the E2-1000 Series in November 2001, the fleet of the 200 Series H-formations started to become thinner by the year, with regular services of the latter being curtailed on the 13th of March 2004, but due to a temporary shortage of rolling stock, two of the sets "in the best shape" (H4 and H5) were re-introduced on the Tohoku Shinkansen shortly after, and were definitely retired in mid-2005.

Hi AlexMaria,

Thanks for the 200 Shinkansen
I downloaded the 200 Series for Tohoku Shinkansen files - question?
Is there only the 'green set' as the downloaded file also had a rar file attached but it was the same 'green' set?
Also not sure of consist setup.

Hi AlexMaria,

Thanks for the 200 Shinkansen
I downloaded the 200 Series for Tohoku Shinkansen files - question?
Is there only the 'green set' as the downloaded file also had a rar file attached but it was the same 'green' set?
Also not sure of consist setup.

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but i've checked and there is no other .rar file included in the 200 Series H-formations package.

Also, indeed there's only one consist included, wich i have made according to the "formation scheme" of the Tomix N-gauge model of it.

10368108k4.jpg

Hi AlexMaria,

I found the problem with the install of the Shinkansen 200, the following kuids had the same kuids as a prevoius install of yours

103 Joban Line had the same kuids as below:

<kuid:668654:100583> JR East Shinkansen 200 Series (H-formations) - 16-car set
<kuid:668654:100574> JR East Shinkansen 200 Series (H-formations) - [K]
<kuid:668654:100573> JR East Shinkansen 200 Series (H-formations) - [M]
<kuid:668654:100580> JR East Shinkansen 200 Series (H-formations) - [T-DD2]

Hi AlexMaria,

I found the problem with the install of the Shinkansen 200, the following kuids had the same kuids as a prevoius install of yours

103 Joban Line had the same kuids as below:

<kuid:668654:100583> JR East Shinkansen 200 Series (H-formations) - 16-car set
<kuid:668654:100574> JR East Shinkansen 200 Series (H-formations) - [K]
<kuid:668654:100573> JR East Shinkansen 200 Series (H-formations) - [M]
<kuid:668654:100580> JR East Shinkansen 200 Series (H-formations) - [T-DD2]

Yep.

Yet another case of Kuid duplication with old content. As said earlier, i'd suggest deleting the Joban Line 103 Series altogheter, and then install newer content.

As promised, here's the "H-formations" 200 Series for Tohoku Shinkansen services.

It's already avaible for download at my website [Here].

These were six 16-car sets (classified as "H-Formations" H1 to H6) ordered in 1990 by the then newly-formed JR East to replace the "E-Formations" wich dated back to the Tohoku Shinkansen opening in 1982, but had suffered from serious metal fatigue and precocious wear and tear (a common problem also with most of the "early" 0 Series formation for Tokaido Shinkansen services, on wich the 200 Series was based), and to "speed up" services on the same line with the introduction of "Super Yamabiko" services between Tokyo and Morioka, running at a maximium speed of 240 Km/h.

Early plans called for trains almost identical to the lastest batch of 200 Series trains then in service (the G-Formations of 1987), but to reduce costs, and to improve the image of the Tohoku Shinkansen, JR East ultimately opted for trains very similar to the already in-production 100 Series for Tokaido Shinkansen services, whose project was to be modified and adapted for the harsher northern japan climate.

Among those modifications, the most notable ones are the small-type passenger windows and the fitting of a skirt to protect the undercarriage electric equipment and the fitting of air deflectors to protet the rooftop electrical connections between carriages.
However, for the sake of maintainance simplicity, the electrical and other tecnical equipment was almost identical to the one used on older 200 Series trains.

Finally, the H-formations kept the same livery design as the 100 Series, obviously with the Tohoku Shinkansen's green in place of the Tokaido Shinkansen's blue.

Built by Tokyu Car Co., the first of the H-formations entered service on the 23rd of June 1990, with the deliveries of the other five sets being completed in late July of the same year. By early August 1990, all six H-formations were in service.

Unfortunately, by the early 2000s, the H-formations began to show the same signs of precocious metal fatigue and wear of their predecessors, and therefore, a replacement was inevitable.

With the entry in regular service of the E2-1000 Series in November 2001, the fleet of the 200 Series H-formations started to become thinner by the year, with regular services of the latter being curtailed on the 13th of March 2004, but due to a temporary shortage of rolling stock, two of the sets "in the best shape" (H4 and H5) were re-introduced on the Tohoku Shinkansen shortly after, and were definitely retired in mid-2005.

Thank you AlexMaria for making these :D. For a month with RL-interferences you are rather productive ;). But great work !. Are these already Keimei cab versions?

What is the consist layout of the limited express Sakura? Also, planning on some reskins of the steamers by Keimei-san?

Back