Japan

Interesting

snip~do other players have this problem too snip~

I have had no problems running train under TS09. Train runs fine under TS12 as well. Some of the trains which keimei has built and used the sound from mikey causes the engine sound to be a screech instead of the proper sound.

acelaamtrak said:
or is this mabye an problem with my trainz version, (I am not sure if servicepack 4 is installed, because when I use content where stats that it is for 2009sp4/2010 it doesn't work in my trainz, my version is from what stats in the main menu : Trainz version 3.3 (Build 44653).

44653 is the highest build for TS09 and is Service Pack 4. A number of errors have been reported in the service pack and it varies for each user. Personally I have had no issues with it but considering I run TS12 now,there may have been changes to the service pack which I do not know about. Hope this helped :)

Regards

Johan

Hi Keimei,

Lately you wrote that you gave up on making the E5. Now elsewhere on this forum I've read about the XML exporter for Google Sketchup. On the Google 3D warehouse there are already some E5 trains and any other Shinkansen type. Maybe you could import it and ask the author to permission to use the train as a base for a trainz model? Just an Idea. Also I've seen many pages back in this thread thad Connyxy already made some E2 models. But thats long ago. However they seem perfect.

shin6s.jpg

Pagroove: looks great and mabye you can add some more textures along side the road it looks a bit strange, but that is my own opinion.

Herlev: Like pagroove said look at download station at Concrete_Bridge_01, but you can also look at the name Kenichiro who made it, there you can also find the shinkansen station that is shown on some pics some pages back (edit: in page 56 pagroove post an pic of it) and some other great things like the series 485.:)

Keimei: any work in progress you can shown or tell about? (I don't want to sound rude like I expect something I just am a little curious if you are making something new;))

Last edited:
Well, it was not my fault.

I understand it's not your fault, it's the new sound functions in TS12 which have caused it to go wrong. Great to hear that it's in the works as it is a very good engine sound :).

I'm sorry if I made it seem as though you were to blame for the sound issues as it was a statement intended not to offend anyone, just to let people know about the incompatability of the sound.

Regards

Johan

TS12

Hi there.
I've purchased TS12:) I will continue using TS09SP4(ver3.3) to make assets, plus attempt debugging them at TS12.
TS12 is being installed and setup now. I will report here if there would be something progress...
Thanks.

The firestation and apartment house comming soon (TS09SP4).
F_firestation.jpg

Very good work on the statics Keimei.:)

Hirochi good work on the train but I have to admit on your trains the colors look like they are too bright, I really saw this good on the red Meitetsu 2400, maybe it is because of the interiors are colored to bright because I doesn't see it very clear on your shinkansen E4, but still good work.:)

As the most of my assets have been transfered into my TS12, I've noticed the followings..

- Some of my assets caused errors in the TS12 (not warning but faulty:'(). They are a little bit old train models e.g. kiha181. Because a couple of TAGs in config.txt are not available to TS12 anymore. I gonna check them up and try to update them for TS2009SP4/TS10/TS12.

- Non-functional scenery (e.g. buildings) seems to have no problem at TS12.

- I surprised many TS09 built-ins are not built-in at TS12. To play my TS09 route, many dependencies should be downloaded or transfered from TS09. This can be said to 'Otaku Street' and 'kiha Japan'.

- Another surprise is... Two of my stuff are built into TS12:wave:

That's all of today. Thanks.

As the most of my assets have been transfered into my TS12, I've noticed the followings..

- Some of my assets caused errors in the TS12 (not warning but faulty:'(). They are a little bit old train models e.g. kiha181. Because a couple of TAGs in config.txt are not available to TS12 anymore. I gonna check them up and try to update them for TS2009SP4/TS10/TS12.

What did the error say? If its a tag error, then it's just common, little. Nothing to do with the mesh or content. Just some (") in the wrong place. I've removed it in CCP, and still no effect on my content, and faulty went away.

Last edited:
Kiha181's error message is as follow. Just remove it to correct.

Error: The tag 'speedlimit' is not valid for kind 'traincar'

I surprise CM3.6 says this is the error, not ignoring. So the train cannot run in the TS12. (The train can force to run if warning.)

About kiha181, added some new tags and updated thumbnail.

Last edited:
Dear Keimei,

i recommend You using AssetX. It will check and repair all of Your assets.

Regards:
Sura
:wave:

Do you think we could every see a catenary system like this? I would use this set entirely, but the Japanese trains up for download are way too high. But these ones are really good, they have the circles under the wires to line the track up easily, and a lone wire spline to connect them together.

ebkg3.png

I think it would be fantastic to see some Japanese catenary set up like that.

mikey186, sura, thanks for replies.
Kiha181 and Eizan Kirara have been updated. They have no error or no warning in both TS09 and TS12, maybe.

escalade, I understand the cat height is 6m in TS default. But 6m is too high to Japanese trains, because they are smaller than the other country's.

I think what he means is that the splines for the catenary doesn't overlap the splines for the track, which allows you to easily get the overhead wire precise in the center of the track.
I don't know if I made it any clearer. :)

I was pointing out that it has yellow circles directly under the wires, so it makes it easier to line up the track to the wires. Most of the custom catenary I have just has the centre white dot, and it takes alot more effort to make it look nice. Im lazy, sue me :D

Also as for lowering the catenary, those ones I pictured are actually way too short for Japanese trains. Hell, they are too short for alot of UK trains, and thats the country they come under.

Back