Japan

Hi all.
Blender is very easy. it doesn't need any skill/tutorial. I never read any manual to use Blender. 3D Modeling is a little bit complex but not difficult.

Here comes a new Shinkansen member, class 912, the utility loco which performs maintenance, transfer and rescue operation for Shinkansen.
As she wears standard gauge bogey, you may use this loco on your standard gauge route for shunter/freight services:). Thanks.

Thanks Keimei. This will be very useful at my yards :). Looks like a very nice loco.

pagroove, Im happy to see your nice work(video);)

More utility loco. This is DD13-like (not the same) locomotive owned by private company, e.g. Rinkai(seaside) railway. Although DD13 itself has already retired, this loco is still work on many factories today.

F_DD55.jpg

Last edited:
you mean the one in front of train like that from that other JR line that is um....like "C-AMEN-Y-N-O-77-EH????" I don't get it.

Also, I almost thought if it is gonna be snowing here (in your place), then how do u explain this:
PmvlL.jpg

It looks like it was merged up or somthing

Last edited:
Good show keimei!! But there's one thing (well 2 actually). One is that, didn't I know that another trainz user made that locomotive couple years back. And secondly, can it also push/pull EMU trains? 'Cause I think I've seen a video with that shunt train pulling a EMU E321 or somthing.
Are you thinking of the tri-bogie DD51 kenichiro released? Loved that loco - still on the DLS but won't work in TS12

Great work Hirochi and Keimei on the Odakyu's and the DD13 variants:), also why is there an shield placed in the middle of the side windows of the Shinkansen 912?
Pagroove nice progress on your route, would be interesting to see the maplayout.

I have started modelling lately. Given Im not very good, but practice makes perfect.

Im looking to make some things for Trainz. I am curious, do you model in real life scale? Im using 3ds Max, and it allows me to, say, make 2 tracks that are 1067 mm apart. Is that the right way of doing it?

That is correct escalade. You do model items in real scale(1:1). So if something is say 12m long in real life you would make it 12m long in 3ds Max(or other modeling programs). I hope you enjoy working with 3ds Max, it can be a pain sometimes:).

Cheers,
trainman184.

Here is part 2 of the Colden Shinkansen Full Run. If you watch part 1 and then 2 then you have the whole route except for the depots. On the end of the video there is some bonus material outside shots of Northtropp Shinkansen Terminal. Have Fun. And Thanks to all the fantastic content creators.

why is there an shield placed in the middle of the side windows of the Shinkansen 912?
A good question. The prototype in the real world is so :)

BTW, pagroove's videos are very good. But one thing I regret is that the needle of the speed meter is not working. That is MY shame.

In my new project (Shinkansen 300 series;)), it is very hard to make such 'playable' cab. I cannot do that. The best way I think is borrowing a cab from the other train (e.g. TVG). Any suggestion?

In my new project (Shinkansen 300 series;)), it is very hard to make such 'playable' cab. I cannot do that. The best way I think is borrowing a cab from the other train (e.g. TVG). Any suggestion?

you can ether use the TGV or your 0 series cab for good use. those cabs are nearly identical to the 300 series.

You can also model just the controls (like this on pic):

a1lFn.jpg

This controls were (I think) used on many EMUs in Japan (except the freight trains though)

Last edited:
Please do not use a TGV cab. Either make a Densha de Go like cockpit (like the one earlier you've done) with the above style. Or you can modify one of your earlier Cabs (like the skyliner) and put the above panel in it. As an alternative you can ask Hirochi to help? His latest creations seem to have working cabs?

Well, I know how to make 'playable' cab, but, it takes very long time to do so. As each train have her own cab design, I need to prepare a new cab each time making a new train.
mikey's idea is very nice. once we got the 'controls', it is usable for any new train. That will be saving the time.
I wanna know how do you think the cab. Each train must have her own perfect cab, or, it may be a similar general-purpose one?

Now here are some new freight cars, cement tanker Taki1900s and etc. A freight car will be build in a very short time because she has no cab, no interior, no engine spec lol:wave:.

F_taki1900.jpg

Like the tank car (laughs). Nice tank cars! But what's the text saying (on black background)? Like a name of a railway or somthing

Im having trouble with both Odakyus.

I add them to my cart, then open Content Manager, and they all say "Unknown location". I dont have this trouble with any other downloads.

what's the text saying (on black background)? Like a name of a railway or somthing

That is a name of the owner. セメントターミナル株式会社 = cement terminal co,ltd.
Generally, most of Japanese freight car are owned by private company, not belong to railway.

Well that's nice. I thought I took the help from an ol' sidekick of mine to give you a boost up of the 300 Series Hikari cab, but for him, he got bad grades (he is accident-prone as Serena, she always fails the class but she can be a hero too), so anyway I have to do this on my own, IT'S NOT THE EXACT WINDOW SIZE:
ulySQ.jpg

Taken using Adobe Ideas for iPhone. Now I did place the 'controls' on the circle shown on drawing, so you can be able if possible to make just the controls (as I showed you my idea days ago) and I can take it from here. Just had to make the best guess.

@mikey
That looks good. but please explain more...would you make the cab(interior) asset? What should I(who make a train) do?

Here is the classical Marumado-Densha of Ueda railway, shown at #1110. Marumado = 丸窓 = round window.
Ueda-Dentetsu and Ueda city are very fancy. See this page. It is the Official site of Ueda city (not fan-site). Anime character's name is Madoka Hojo. Do you like her?
http://www.city.ueda.nagano.jp/hp/ipro/

F_marumado.jpg

From the 300 Interior Drawing:

What I done is that, I think I can make the replica of the controls and place it on the 'controls' along with the gauges placed the same way as you made the interior for the 0 Series Kadoma (correct me if the nickname is wrong). Also from my guess is that I think there is MAYBE another seat for like a second hand-men (i think that's the one whom is with the driver sometimes managing something. I have seen that part when I was riding the Metro Gold Line in Los Angles) Maybe I can make the interior cab (as well as the controls, but I DO NOT KNOW how to animate it, since you like it 'playable') while you make the passenger interior (and exterior as well).

From your Next Creation:

LOVE IT AGAIN!!! um.....whats the name of the train? I might've seen that before. The design of this car (windows) looks identical to (i think) the Orient Express in Europe. But yet again, great work. I have saw the website, It made me feel like I'm in LOVE with Madoka Hojo. Her looks & style is so sweet (and hot too). If by chance, you should make a standing (and driving) character of her. I don't think that she is usually in any anime series (with her in it I think).

again, EPIC work! keep it up!

~Mikey

@interior
Shinkansen (and most of Japanese trains) have only ONE seat for a driver, operated by one man.
Shinkansen nicknames : Kodama(express), Hikari(super express), Nozomi(super super express). They are not 'series' name, but are forms of rail service.

If by chance, you should make a standing (and driving) character of her.
I thought you said so:D I hope I would have a chance to make her.
That is MOHA5250. but well-known as 'Marumado Densha'.

F_marumado2.jpg

Back