.
Page 370 of 376 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372 ... LastLast
Results 5,536 to 5,550 of 5635

Thread: Japan

  1. #5536
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wales, Swansea
    Posts
    322
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rowletmaster View Post
    well...yea? and since the class 395 model is taken down due to copyright. would anybody make a new one out from scratch?

    i mean its made from japan but runs in another country so...
    Well my understanding of the copyright issues with the 395 (and I think also the 350) were that the models were taken from models used in Sketchup instead of being original works and were then published without the sketchup creator's permission? I still have the 395 and the 350.

    That being said, they are ok models but they are nothing compared to what some of the guys on this page can do with trains. You just have to look at the Shinkansen that have been released. The problem with the UK rail scene is there is so many modern trains missing from the game because everyone has a raging love for the steam days unfortunately so I'd love for some of the guys here to put them together. I mean otherwise the only choices are private commissions.

  2. #5537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince271088 View Post
    Well my understanding of the copyright issues with the 395 (and I think also the 350) were that the models were taken from models used in Sketchup instead of being original works and were then published without the sketchup creator's permission? I still have the 395 and the 350.

    That being said, they are ok models but they are nothing compared to what some of the guys on this page can do with trains. You just have to look at the Shinkansen that have been released. The problem with the UK rail scene is there is so many modern trains missing from the game because everyone has a raging love for the steam days unfortunately so I'd love for some of the guys here to put them together. I mean otherwise the only choices are private commissions.
    yea.... i mean there is a few creators here who make models out from scratch and they are quite impressive

  3. #5538
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wales, Swansea
    Posts
    322
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rowletmaster View Post
    yea.... i mean there is a few creators here who make models out from scratch and they are quite impressive
    Yeah for sure. I think Rizky was taking comissions a while back and he's reasonably priced too. He had 3 pricing structures dependent on the level of detail you wanted. I'm not sure if he still is doing that though. I like getting the content from here. I think Japanese and British trains are what I have the most of. I will incorporate both into my route along with a few other bits, but being a bloody perfectionist, when something doesn't go right I get pissed off and delete the lot

  4. #5539
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Foggy Northern Italy
    Posts
    325
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rowletmaster View Post
    yea.... i mean there is a few creators here who make models out from scratch and they are quite impressive
    If i could, i'd make the Class 395... but i'm hopeless when it comes to modelling curved surfaces, and the Class 395 has practically no straight lines...

    Furthemore i'm currently out of ideas of what to make, therefore i'm tecnically open for requests...
    My trainz downloads are here and my youtube is here.

  5. #5540

    Default

    Does Nippon Sapporo count? The South Shore Commuter trains made by them do kinda look like the trains on the Kyushu Island.

  6. #5541
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wales, Swansea
    Posts
    322
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexMaria View Post
    If i could, i'd make the Class 395... but i'm hopeless when it comes to modelling curved surfaces, and the Class 395 has practically no straight lines...

    Furthemore i'm currently out of ideas of what to make, therefore i'm tecnically open for requests...
    If you want to stick to Japanese stuff why don't you take a crack at some of the tourist trains? There are so many? Whether you go for something elaborate like the 7* of Kyushu or something more basic like the Tamadensha?

    If you were wanting to try British stuff, our freight is a little more rectangular - Look at something like the class 68, though you might have a challenge with the slanted front.

    EMUs/DMUs you have less curvy but kinda curvy stuff like the Class 180 or the Class 175. The 175 is a lot straighter.

    Otherwise for a challenge try some infrastructure stuff? I'm assuming you have tampers and things of that ilk there?

  7. #5542
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Foggy Northern Italy
    Posts
    325
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince271088 View Post
    If you want to stick to Japanese stuff why don't you take a crack at some of the tourist trains? There are so many? Whether you go for something elaborate like the 7* of Kyushu or something more basic like the Tamadensha?

    If you were wanting to try British stuff, our freight is a little more rectangular - Look at something like the class 68, though you might have a challenge with the slanted front.

    EMUs/DMUs you have less curvy but kinda curvy stuff like the Class 180 or the Class 175. The 175 is a lot straighter.

    Otherwise for a challenge try some infrastructure stuff? I'm assuming you have tampers and things of that ilk there?
    Thanks for the suggestions! Yes, tourist trains might be interesting to make, or maybe even one of their predecessors, JR and JNR's Joyful Trains...

    Regarding British stuff, i actually have quite a liking for Mk3-type stock made by the glorious BREL, such as the classes 321, 317, 455 and 150 - the Class 321 (in the Network SouthEast Livery) is actually my favourite British train, and one of my favourites overall, so if i'd ever be to make British stuff, it'll be these kind of classes.

    Infrastructure and maintainance equipment such as tie tampers are quite interesting, but a bit too complex, and hardly "usable" in a simulation "way". I could give a try on "Inspection Trains" such as Keiyo Railway's KuYa 900 and DeYa 900 Serieses, or Keikyu's DeTo 11/12 and DeChi 15/16 Serieses "electric self-propelled maintainance freight cars" instead...
    My trainz downloads are here and my youtube is here.

  8. #5543
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wales, Swansea
    Posts
    322
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexMaria View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions! Yes, tourist trains might be interesting to make, or maybe even one of their predecessors, JR and JNR's Joyful Trains...

    Regarding British stuff, i actually have quite a liking for Mk3-type stock made by the glorious BREL, such as the classes 321, 317, 455 and 150 - the Class 321 (in the Network SouthEast Livery) is actually my favourite British train, and one of my favourites overall, so if i'd ever be to make British stuff, it'll be these kind of classes.

    Infrastructure and maintainance equipment such as tie tampers are quite interesting, but a bit too complex, and hardly "usable" in a simulation "way". I could give a try on "Inspection Trains" such as Keiyo Railway's KuYa 900 and DeYa 900 Serieses, or Keikyu's DeTo 11/12 and DeChi 15/16 Serieses "electric self-propelled maintainance freight cars" instead...
    I used to watch Japan Railway Journal (still do from time to time) and have seen so many of the wonderful tourist trains Japan has so there is so much scope and variety available to be made. I just googled JR East's Joyful trains - there are also some pretty nice models on there too.

    There's a lot you can do with the slightly older British stuff - take a look at what's out there already. The good thing about you doing any of those trains are that they provide more British content. The 321 is a nice train, kind of close to me as I lived somewhere for 11 years where this was the service that was used originally under Silverlink then London Midland before they updated their fleet. Of the classes you've mentioned there are a lot of good liveries you can create, and of course NSE is a nice livery. I always thought that blue was pretty nice.

    True you can't properly simulate the effect of tampers. The best engineering vehicles I've ever seen were made by a Czech guy way back in 2004, but someone basically stole his work from him so he wound up deleting everything and they're no longer available which is really sad because they were excellent. Inspection trains could be good, plus they'd give Dr. Yellow a bit of company. The NMT is also available on the DLS too.

  9. #5544
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexMaria View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions! Yes, tourist trains might be interesting to make, or maybe even one of their predecessors, JR and JNR's Joyful Trains...

    Regarding British stuff, i actually have quite a liking for Mk3-type stock made by the glorious BREL, such as the classes 321, 317, 455 and 150 - the Class 321 (in the Network SouthEast Livery) is actually my favourite British train, and one of my favourites overall, so if i'd ever be to make British stuff, it'll be these kind of classes.

    Infrastructure and maintainance equipment such as tie tampers are quite interesting, but a bit too complex, and hardly "usable" in a simulation "way". I could give a try on "Inspection Trains" such as Keiyo Railway's KuYa 900 and DeYa 900 Serieses, or Keikyu's DeTo 11/12 and DeChi 15/16 Serieses "electric self-propelled maintainance freight cars" instead...
    There's definitely a lot of room to create mk3 and mk3-derived content for Trainz, especially if you plan to make something with an interior. A lot of the existing content either hasn't got an interior at all or it's very outdated, and made by content creators that have for the most part moved on from Trainz completely.

  10. #5545
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wales, Swansea
    Posts
    322
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giac425 View Post
    There's definitely a lot of room to create mk3 and mk3-derived content for Trainz, especially if you plan to make something with an interior. A lot of the existing content either hasn't got an interior at all or it's very outdated, and made by content creators that have for the most part moved on from Trainz completely.
    I agree with this.

  11. #5546

    Default

    Sound Good in Otsuka Station


  12. #5547
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    United States of America, Washington, Deer Park
    Posts
    116
     

    Default

    Ah, EF 210 & Series Suha 33. where's the catenaries?

  13. #5548

    Default

    say i wonder...

    are there any Japanese based routes that in your opinion is the best and would recommend me?
    I have pagroove's electro island btw

  14. #5549
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20
     

    Default

    Hi @Alexmaria, just to let you know the Google Drive link to your JR East 301 series on your website doesn't seem to be working properly.

  15. #5550
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Foggy Northern Italy
    Posts
    325
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giac425 View Post
    Hi @Alexmaria, just to let you know the Google Drive link to your JR East 301 series on your website doesn't seem to be working properly.
    Ah, my bad. I've fixed the download links and now it should be working correctly.

    Quote Originally Posted by rowletmaster View Post
    say i wonder...

    are there any Japanese based routes that in your opinion is the best and would recommend me?
    I have pagroove's electro island btw
    There were quite a few good Japanese routes avaible in the past, but i'm not sure if they still are.

    By memory, the Nambu Branch Line should be avaible on rizky's website, while the Nambu Line (from Fuchu-Honmachi to Nishi-Kunitachi) and the Osaka Loop Line (Osaka to Kyobashi if i'm not wrong) were avaible avaible for download a bit back in this forum, but i'm quite sure the download links do not work anymore...

    These three were very high quality, and sure worth the download.

    A while back (last year, if i'm not wrong) i also posted the download a quite-uncomplete version of the Nagoya Municipal Subway Tsurumai Line: the trackage was all there and complete - the tunnelling and the stations not; altough here too i'm not sure if the download link is still working.
    My trainz downloads are here and my youtube is here.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •