Japan

Thanks Roy3b3. Thank you for replying so quickly :).

Any Other Japan content that is not working? Maybe I will try upgrading on a new install. But that draw distance bug is not very nice. Especially now I am used to run my routes on a max 15 km distance just for the mountains etc. I am very curious if there will be a fix on the hot fix.

New update works well on me sir! :cool:
I assume that i don't find differences that differ this new update with the previous one. :hehe: or maybe there are something wrong with my senses lol:cool:

New update works well on me sir! :cool:
I assume that i don't find differences that differ this new update with the previous one. :hehe: or maybe there are something wrong with my senses lol:cool:

Thank you all for the reports. Still before I do the update I will update the route in a .CDP.

We are now finishing Tokyo station. Hopefuly, this route will be ready before next year :cool:
46fcac4c641190b130c48f9db94f2fcd.jpg

Meanwhile @Otsuka...
47455f7eb86904a428748a12ce353371.jpg

We are now finishing Tokyo station. Hopefuly, this route will be ready before next year :cool:

Meanwhile @Otsuka...

Superb work. Tokyo Station actually is recognizable now in the new version. Hope it will come soon. Do you guys develop some Densha De Go like sessions for it too :D?

Last edited:
Shinkansen queries....?

Hi everyone,

First of all I just want to say that the Japanese items for this franchise are really amazing. I have a lot of it downloaded after developing a recent interest in Japan's railways from a TV show that's shown in the UK. I have a few question about the various Shinkansen trains that are available to be downloaded. Before I ask, I do hasten to point out that these are absolutely beautiful and stunning models and it's a pleasure to drive them but there's a thing or two I need to clarify:

1) Are there engine-spec files available for the Shinkansen trains anywhere? Because as great as they are, to suddenly stop dead from 201mph in less than 50m when applying the breaks seems a little unrealistic and I'd hate to think what that would do to the driver or passengers in a real world environment?

2) Are there more horn sounds, engine sounds etc. available other than what's on the DLS at the moment? The reason I ask is a lot of the configs seem to be using the default auran stuff?

3) Is there a way to alter the sway on some of the trains (PevTools maybe?), as in some cases at top speed I'm practically doing a barrel roll along the track?

Please don't think this is me having a go or being b*tchy etc. I'm genuinely curious as to whether there's additional files available by the creators of these great assets to enhance their experience further as I really want to use them on my own routes.

Many thanks guys and keep up the great work.

Hi everyone,

First of all I just want to say that the Japanese items for this franchise are really amazing. I have a lot of it downloaded after developing a recent interest in Japan's railways from a TV show that's shown in the UK. I have a few question about the various Shinkansen trains that are available to be downloaded. Before I ask, I do hasten to point out that these are absolutely beautiful and stunning models and it's a pleasure to drive them but there's a thing or two I need to clarify:

1) Are there engine-spec files available for the Shinkansen trains anywhere? Because as great as they are, to suddenly stop dead from 201mph in less than 50m when applying the breaks seems a little unrealistic and I'd hate to think what that would do to the driver or passengers in a real world environment?

2) Are there more horn sounds, engine sounds etc. available other than what's on the DLS at the moment? The reason I ask is a lot of the configs seem to be using the default auran stuff?

3) Is there a way to alter the sway on some of the trains (PevTools maybe?), as in some cases at top speed I'm practically doing a barrel roll along the track?

Please don't think this is me having a go or being b*tchy etc. I'm genuinely curious as to whether there's additional files available by the creators of these great assets to enhance their experience further as I really want to use them on my own routes.

Many thanks guys and keep up the great work.

Engine Specs:

There are no public available engine specs. But I made different engine specs for myself and I am willing to upload them on the DLS. They are mainly meant to limit the speed of the Shinkansens for a shared environment where faster and slower services drive on the same track. I made for example an E4 Shinkansen engine spec which limit the speed of the engine to 240 km/h. As these are the real live service speeds. I also altered the acceleration and braking to be somewhat slower

Engine sounds:
Well search for my Shinkansen Engine Sounds on the DLS. Those will cover most situations. I made some for the 0 shinkansen, 500 Shinkansen and E5/E6 and N700. But Outside of the DLS I to my knowledge no one has done Shinkansen engine sounds.

Train Sway
Train sway can be altered in the config file for each engine. I will post here an altered config that prevents sway. BTW I hate it that when N3V implemented the sway feature that they didn't test this on how this would look on very high speed trains. Basically the tools are there in the engine. But IMO it should be the other way around. So that Sway is not on by default unless you want to.

Last edited:
Engine Specs:

There are no public available engine specs. But I made different engine specs for myself and I am willing to upload them on the DLS. They are mainly meant to limit the speed of the Shinkansens for a shared environment where faster and slower services drive on the same track. I made for example an E4 Shinkansen engine spec which limit the speed of the engine to 240 km/h. As these are the real live service speeds. I also altered the acceleration and braking to be somewhat slower

Engine sounds:
Well search for my Shinkansen Engine Sounds on the DLS. Those will cover most situations. I made some for the 0 shinkansen, 500 Shinkansen and E5/E6 and N700. But Outside of the DLS I to my knowledge no one has done Shinkansen engine sounds.

Train Sway
Train sway can be altered in the config file for each engine. I will post here an altered config that prevents sway. BTW I hate it that when N3V implemented the sway feature that they didn't test this on how this would look on very high speed trains. Basically the tools are there in the engine. But IMO it should be the other way around. So that Sway is not on by default unless you want to.

Thanks for getting back to me. I would be very interesting in using your engine specs if you don't mind sharing. Right now from the various models I've tried all of them max out at 201mph (323kph). So anything that would make speeds and especially braking more realistic would be a huge bonus.

I already have downloaded your stuff. I did a general search for Shinkansen and a lot of your stuff came up but I will search under your username too in case I've missed anything. I equipped your engine sound to the E5/E6 a little while ago. Out of interest, do these sounds only go on the locomotives as I notice rolling stock also comes equipped with an engine sound slot or should I change the sound file for everything in the consist?

I don't mind having sway on and actually think it's a useful tool but as you say, it's very stupid that they haven't looked into testing it on high speed trains because when I am running at the kind of speeds one can reach in the Shinkansen like I said I list so much I am practically barrel rolling and that's just travelling in a straight line. I'd hate to think what would happen if corners or uneven surfaces were introduced.

Ben =)

Rizky your screenshots always look so incredible. Just out of interest, how many GB is your graphics card? Only reason I am asking is so that when I eventually upgrade my PC I can have something that renders and runs in that kind of quality.

To disable the annoying sway while you're riding in high speed. Add these code in the config.txt of your train.
suspension-pitch-limit 0
suspension-roll-limit 0

Engine Specs:
Engine sounds:
Train Sway

Nice info Pagroove. Maybe I'll use those dependencies for my E7/W7 project.
By the way I'm making this isn't for JTrainz. Just for myself.

Rizky your screenshots always look so incredible. Just out of interest, how many GB is your graphics card? Only reason I am asking is so that when I eventually upgrade my PC I can have something that renders and runs in that kind of quality.

Thanks Prince271088, I'm using GTX750TI here.
In fact, I always set to medium setting while playing (sometimes use low) and set to ultra setting while taking a screenshoot + extra photoshop.

Where is the E7 Series available please ?

Those E7 Series are still WIP. The progress is just complete 3 of 12 consist.
I don't know it will be free or pay, just please wait.

E7 Series, click to view larger image

Started back working on my West Sanito extension layout. Still just the trackwork and a few buildings or two. I'm hoping to complete the airport section before the year's out.
50f50a7ed66999ab43fe0934fc285a7e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back