Japan

Commission WIP #1
651-series Super Hitachi

90527422_2866015936820543_1561507485846601728_o.jpg

Looking at the preview trailer, it's pretty impressive. I'll check it out more when I have time. Thanks.

Just make sure your computer is powerful enough. I have now TS12, TANE SP2, TANE SP3 and TRS 2019 installed. So 4 builds.
When you go for TANE I can resend you the SIRL that I have reformed extensively and also already made a connection part to the Icarus Gulf for that.

Four builds? on the same computer? It must be pretty powerful. I'm gonna go straight for TRS 2019 when I get the chance. (I'll have to wait till this CoronaVirus stuff is cleared up though) So sure when you get the chance you could send the modified SIRL to me.

Commission WIP #1
651-series Super Hitachi

(pic)

Nice! If that is what Work In Progress looks like, then the end result must be brilliant!

Also, sorry to break the good mood, but I seem to be having issues some of hirochi's assets, most noticeably the ones based on the N700 series, in Driver mode. They don't throw up any errors upon install, seem to only have trouble previewing in Surveyor mode but can be placed. As soon as I start driver mode, the affected assets disappear completely in everything other than the driver selection bar. Selecting them freezes the camera in place.

- Affected assets, along with keimei's 0 series and Rizky's E7/W7 for reference. Note how the 300 series is selected, but displays only a black box in the preview.
a>

- The same scenario in driver mode. S2 is selected, but undrivable.
20200323182931-1.jpg

I've brought the issue up in detail in a thread in General Trainz and according to someone there, there may be an errant script that isn't showing in surveyor causing issues.
Is anybody here having similar issues, am I missing a fix somewhere, or has SP4 broken something?

Nice! If that is what Work In Progress looks like, then the end result must be brilliant!

Also, sorry to break the good mood, but I seem to be having issues some of hirochi's assets, most noticeably the ones based on the N700 series, in Driver mode. They don't throw up any errors upon install, seem to only have trouble previewing in Surveyor mode but can be placed. As soon as I start driver mode, the affected assets disappear completely in everything other than the driver selection bar. Selecting them freezes the camera in place.

- Affected assets, along with keimei's 0 series and Rizky's E7/W7 for reference. Note how the 300 series is selected, but displays only a black box in the preview.

- The same scenario in driver mode. S2 is selected, but undrivable.

I've brought the issue up in detail in a thread in General Trainz and according to someone there, there may be an errant script that isn't showing in surveyor causing issues.
Is anybody here having similar issues, am I missing a fix somewhere, or has SP4 broken something?

What happens if you open an asset and then submit edits? Do they then go faulty?

Probably the corona's on these assets are faulty as these trains come up faulty by default after importing them in Trainz 2019. I have only TANE SP3 there all shinkansens work perfectly without any problems. Next up I have directly bought TRAINZ 2019 Platinum so I don't know what happens in TANE SP4. I don't plan to upgrade my TANE to SP4 as I am now so enthusiastic about TRAINZ 2019 because everything is better in that. Performance, graphic and frame ratewise (for me on my computer that is).

But I do know that the Red Corona is faulty because the one is from a very old version of Trainz and I have replaced all the corona's by a recent one by author Norfolksouthern37 which made the units now work perfectly in Trainz 2019. Maybe you have to try fixing the Shinkansens like I did for TANE SP4 and then they will work?

It could also indeed could be caused by a scripting thing.

But try to open them and then resubmit and validate the content. Does it then throw up errors?

I wisch Hirochi was still here but he seems to have left Trainz for now. :'(.

Thanks for the reply, pagroove. Even with the problems I'm having I'm loving Electro Island and can't wait to see the Icarus Shinkansen!
Anyway, I wish that SP4 had been a choice for me. I only realised I was running SP4 after checking the launcher to see whether I was a version behind or something. Serves me right for buying through Steam.

As for opening and submitting, I tried that and it did eventually yield this error.

- "Failed to acquire asset accessor for script cache".
Capture-TANE2.png

JCitron said in a thread where I brough up the same issue, that it might have something to do with a script that only starts running during Driver or the content Preview, which is why it doesn't prove itself as faulty in the content manager or in Surveyor.

How unfortunate that Hirochi's gone. I suppose I'll have to go back to an older model of the JR500 on the DLS until I can get my hands on 2019.

Regardless though, thanks for the input.

Last edited:
tikkamassala : try edit config.txt and delete row with class and script. then submit.
It might be work, but the content will lost some features like taillights.

@Rizky_Adiputra

Class and script lines in config.txt deleted and edits submitted. Unfortunately, there is no change in behavior. Assets still only show up in surveyor.
Oddly enough though, the 700-series Rebuild that they're based work just fine.
a>

Last edited:
@Rizky_Adiputra

Gladly. Here's an uneditted one from the JR500 Head unit. Removing script and class, as previously mentioned, does nothing.

kuid <kuid:461543:100516>
username "JRH JR500 KODAMA 01"
script "n700sp"
class "n700sp"
trainz-build 3.6
category-class "AE"
category-region "JP"
category-era "2010s"
kind "traincar"
engine 1
enginespec <kuid:461543:100537>
enginesound <kuid:338927:100280>
hornsound <kuid:461543:100540>
interior <kuid:461543:100545>
light_color 240,196,128
nightmode "lamp"
mass 39200
author "hirochi"
license "(C) 2018 by hirochi"
description "SHINKANSEN 500 521-7002"

mesh-table
{
{
mesh "N701.IM"
auto-create 1

effects
{
{
kind "corona"
att "a.red0"
directional 1
object-size 0.15
texture-kuid <kuid:38427:21010>
}

{
kind "corona"
att "a.red1"
directional 1
object-size 0.15
}

{
kind "corona"
att "a.red2"
directional 1
object-size 0.15
}

{
kind "corona"
att "a.red3"
directional 1
object-size 0.15
}
}
}

left-passenger-door
{
mesh "doorl.im"
anim "doorl.kin"
auto-create 1
att "a.doors"
att-parent "default"
}

right-passenger-door
{
mesh "doorr.im"
anim "doorr.kin"
auto-create 1
att "a.doors"
att-parent "default"
}
}

queues
{
passengers
{
size 10
initial-count 7
passenger-queue "1"
product-kuid <kuid:452752:1227>

attachment-points
{
01 "a.sit00"
02 "a.sit01"
03 "a.sit02"
04 "a.sit03"
05 "a.sit04"
06 "a.sit05"
07 "a.sit06"
08 "a.sit07"
09 "a.sit08"
10 "a.sit09"
}
}
}

bogeys
{
{
reversed 0
bogey <kuid:461543:1277>
}

{
reversed 0
bogey <kuid:461543:1277>
}
}

thumbnails
{
{
image "V01.JPG"
width 240
height 180
}
}

kuid-table
{
0 <kuid:38427:21010>
1 <kuid:461543:100537>
2 <kuid:338927:100280>
3 <kuid:461543:100540>
4 <kuid:461543:100545>
5 <kuid:461543:1277>
6 <kuid:452752:1227>
}

Last edited:
tikkamassala : ummm, I don't find something odd. Last try, replace all lines (except main kuid, mesh-table and thumbnail) in the config.txt with the lines from another working config.txt (in this case, try config from 700 series). if the problem persist, so the problem seems came from SP4 or the mesh itself.

@Rizky_Adiputra

Unfortunately, as you said, this appears to be an SP4 or a model problem. Even when swapping over identical script parts from the 700 Rebuild to a 700-based asset like the S2, the issue persists.
Thank you regardless for trying to help. The only thing we can do is either move to 2019 or wait until Hirochi returns.

@Rizky_Adiputra

Unfortunately, as you said, this appears to be an SP4 or a model problem. Even when swapping over identical script parts from the 700 Rebuild to a 700-based asset like the S2, the issue persists.
Thank you regardless for trying to help. The only thing we can do is either move to 2019 or wait until Hirochi returns.

Or re-install Trainz a new Era and only patch up to SP3 via manual patching. Or make a second install of Trainz up to SP3 for Japan content.
Bear in mind that the Shinkansens are broken by default in TRS2019 also and you have to replace the corona's to get them work. I wrote a few pages back about that.

@pagroove
Steam doesn't allow me to select which version of T:ANE I would like to use, so I'm unfortunately stuck with SP4.
As for TS2019, if switching Corona's is the only thing I need to do, I might as well move up to 2019. I've only held of so far because I haven't heard the best things about it performance-wise and backwards-compatibility-wise. Those issues should apparently be resolved from what I've heard.

@pagroove
Steam doesn't allow me to select which version of T:ANE I would like to use, so I'm unfortunately stuck with SP4.
As for TS2019, if switching Corona's is the only thing I need to do, I might as well move up to 2019. I've only held of so far because I haven't heard the best things about it performance-wise and backwards-compatibility-wise. Those issues should apparently be resolved from what I've heard.

Advice then for next version buy at Trainz Store. The performance depends on your computer. I run a Geforce1070 in a fairly new system so the performance on my computer is good. But I have switched of the Turf FX. That eats the performance.

Back