Japan

Icarus Shinkansen v2.0. TRS2019 PLT Building Snapshot 6 (May)

Download Link:

https://we.tl/t-LUKcCrutwB

Important.

Step1:
Open Content Manager and sort out the status of the assets. Then download all available missing assets. Also select the unkowns. For this update especially important because this includes a tree update. Icarus Shinkansen now uses Pofig trees. Tree groups are still the old ones as I have not yet found a good tree group replacements.

Step2:Then go into TRS2019 chose edit route. Under one of the menu's you will find the option: delete missing assets. Run this function

Step3:Resave the route under your own name for example: Icarus Shinkansen v2.0. BS5 Personal verison

Changelist (AKA what is in the package)

- Tree update for all normal trees. Route now uses speedtrees in the form of Pofig trees. Good looking and FPS friendly
- Icarus Main line (ICM) now runs all the way to and beyond Oga adding 20 km to the route
- Oga North yard and Oga Station (WIP)
- Icarus Metro enhanced. Landbridge Depot worked out a little bit better
- Hamada Onsen further progress added
- Mita Canyon parking lot and canyon overlook (try to find it ;))
- General WIP's

In the next post some screenshots.

Flickr total albums list (18 pics) https://flic.kr/s/aHsmVRbnN7

Last edited:
Icarus Shinkasnen May update screenshots:

51214933496_45aa9e9a74_h.jpg
[/URL]

Hamada Onsen Town overview
by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

51216002840_9601cbcbd9_h.jpg
[/URL]

E231-1000 and E233-3000 at Hamada Onsen

51215149593_f8debf758e_h.jpg
[/URL]

Hamada Onsen Station and Shopping Arcade

51214933431_7207a8da6f_h.jpg
[/URL]

Special rapids during the morning at Hamada Onsen

51215695894_68c158b05e_h.jpg
[/URL]

Hanyo Metro Landbridge Depot

51215695809_f7aff65432_h.jpg
[/URL]

Hanyo Metro line 1 West entry/exit

51215149308_8746d45aba_h.jpg
[/URL]

Hanyo Metro line 1 West entry/exit pic 2

51216002485_f85591341f_h.jpg
[/URL]

Hanyo Metro line 1 East entry/exit

51215695609_bf0e7fb081_h.jpg
[/URL]

Hanyo Metro line 1 Den en Hanyo station entry

Can someone identify what this consist is? The shot is on the Hisatsu Line (Kuma River) at Dan Station.

hisatsu1.jpg

Bill

It's a JR Kyushu KiHa 185 Series Express DMU, built in the last period of JNR for Shikoku express services. Originally all units were transferred to JR Shikoku, but in 1992 JR Kyushu bought 20 cars (now surplus due to the introduction of the 2000 Series) for it's own express services.

I've been exceptionally busy lately, and i will still be for the following two weeks.

I'm currently working on a 485 Series reskin pack, wich will also include the 183, 189 and 489 Serieses (and with both "flat front" and "bonnet style fron" where possible).
Here are all but one of the currently "done" trains. I still have a few more to go.

2021-06-20-102932.jpg

In the coming summer, however, i'll have plenty of free time, and i'm planning to embark on a modelling spree, starting with the 211 Series. I'm also currently setting up a collaboration with @duskeyduskey for an almost complete Keio Railway package, and i'm also full of half-finished models, wich i will hopefully complete in the following months.

I also plan to "expand to other countries" as well. Some of the visitors of my site may have noticed that there's a new "United States" section, a sign of things to come. If you're curious, for non-japanese trains i'm currently thinkering about making some South Korean stuff (namely the Class 8000 Electric locomotives and the KNR/Korail and Seoul Subway 1000 Series) or something from Taiwan (either the E400 Electric Locomotives or the Italian-made EMU300 trains).

It's been really quiet here lately. What has everyone been doing?

Like AlexMaria the short answer is VERY busy with other things than Trainz.

RealLife TM kicked back in full swing because of Covid Relaxations here in The Netherlands. Not that I'm such a outside person but I work for a taxi/travel company and the workload increased suddenly to 300% because people suddenly started to book travels again (within The Netherlands) so it is VERY busy.

So after a workday (I am lucky to be able to work from home) I am often very very very tired. Despite all that I managed to still work on the Icarus Shinkansen but the work is going much more slowly. This week though I have taken one week off so maybe I can get some work done.

@AlexMaria

VERY nice work on the 485 reskin pack. Looks like a perfect fit for my route.

Last edited:
I'm working on some branch lines mainly based on the Keio line. I'm also planning to finish my Inokashira line route.
Oh yea, I'm also learning SketchUp. That's all here.

Back