Japan

Thanks for all the trains AlexMaria. :). My projects are going a bit slow at the moment. I had a good building rush 2 weeks ago but no inspiration the last 14 days. The building itch will come though. That's the problem with ultra large projects. To stay motivated. However I'm set on finishing the routes.

@ AlexMaria

On your Tokyu Trains it is saying that <kuid:777910:1019> byald06 is missing
It appears to be a bogey. Where can I find this bogey?

Thanks.

BTW the 105 series is running ok. :)

Thanks for the new EMUs AlexMaria.
pagroove: You too huh? I'm trying to stay motivated as well. I will tackle it a section at a time. maybe do the areas that don't need alot of detail first then work on the highly detailed ones like the cities and towns along the line.

Thanks for the new EMUs AlexMaria.
pagroove: You too huh? I'm trying to stay motivated as well. I will tackle it a section at a time. maybe do the areas that don't need alot of detail first then work on the highly detailed ones like the cities and towns along the line.

Part of the de-motivation is coming from the tiring proces of Building in TS 12> Converting to TANESP3> Editing the environment> Converting to TRS2019 platinium> Deleting Missing Dependencies>

It is a tiring process.

I do this proces each time I build/
Also I backup each building session manually. Because the most important thing of large route building is Backup,Backup, Backup and oh Backup.

If I drop support for all versions below Trains2019Platinum I could build much much faster.
It really is that much faster.

However then I feel that I leave half of the Japan community in the Cold because when I release my route somewhere in the future no-one can run it expect those with a new Computer. At this moment I am still tempted to do this though as I feel TRS2019 is the future. And besides everyone once has to upgrade.

Q:

What do you all think. Should I do that or persist on the original idea to make it compatible with a wide range of Trainz versions (making also the support part more difficult).?

-->
The other part of de-motivation is that making a Japanese route is really hard because (and you will see this when you travel to Japan yourself) that half of the country (especially west of Tokyo) is almost one big city. On Youtube there is now a new Tokaido Line view video in 4K (really good BTW This one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyzPbbyrBcE )

which let's you ride the cab of several main line trains all the way from Tokyo to Kobe. When you view that video you see that at about 01:30 from the start in Tokyo it start become more rural but all the way up to Kobe it can be considered as suburban and city-like. This is because due to the mountainous terrain all big city centers are along the coast in Japan.

I try to reflect this in my Icarus Shinkansen fantasy route. So essentially each town is flowing over in the next town. And now I arrived at the biggest city on the map Ikaruko which is enormous.As I already have done the general details I now have to super detail. There is no way around it.

My motivation comes in spurts. Some weeks I am really motivated and then work advances quick. I strive to have one building session per week even if it is only a small part. Other weeks (especially last) I do less work (and this has nothing to do due to COVID19. I am by nature an inside person so for me this is not a too big change).
But I will finish it. :).

Last edited:
I decided to backup some of my private creation on drive. So, I think why not to make some part of these backup addons as a freeware..
Here, Enjoy and Happy Trainzing !!

Route Support
(My unused track and object, Might be useful for another route builder)
JPN House (group) -> DOWNLOAD
(This required JPN House as deps)

97772679_2997536423668493_2798616890690240512_o.jpg

Track Pack -> DOWNLOAD

97387114_2997536637001805_6523135967694422016_o.jpg

Common Japanese Block Signal --> DOWNLOAD

97473034_2997536047001864_7586974511937880064_o.jpg

Common cities wall -> DOWNLOAD

99436492_2997536177001851_8292607883137253376_o.jpg

Catenary Pack v01 -> DOWNLOAD
Catenary Pack v02 -> DOWNLOAD

97367733_2997536190335183_5087719040802095104_o.jpg

Railjoint and flange sound trigger -> DOWNLOAD

Green -> Railjoint sound effect
Blue -> Flange sound effect

98183932_2997535750335227_7680251585175224320_o.jpg

Ambient sound package (city, environment, station) -> DOWNLOAD

===============================================================================================================================

Train car :
Take note : All content below is based on build 2.9, but only tested in TANE. So I don't know are these content work on TS12 or below. But at least it's based on 2.9, It seems 90% will work.
Also, There might be some missing dependencies error happens after installation. That because I can't include some deps because of deps status. So, please change the missing deps with another available components.
JIRC N700A + N700S Shinkansen -> DOWNLOAD

Youtube vids :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yyzEjbF9V4
35156899_1750761895012625_8530911738374127616_o.jpg

JIRC 583 Series Kitaguni (based on kenichiro's 485 series) -> DOWNLOAD
( I remember someone requested this)

68537463_2371086169646858_8532494253434077184_o.jpg

JIRC 485 Series bonnet style (head only, based on kenichiro's 485 series) -> DOWNLOAD

67956854_2368234323265376_3718567622426492928_o.jpg
JIRC 221 Series -> DOWNLOAD

97538884_2997579580330844_7151824054893150208_o.jpg

From Railsim :
Credit belong to Original Creator :

Zibakutrain -> Nagano Electric Railway 2100 Series (Snow Monkey) -> DOWNLOAD

84342649_2783314955090642_8260143131584888832_o.jpg
Misuta-tei -> KiHa 183 Охотск -> DOWNLOAD

53160404_2123145321107612_7574596261571985408_o.jpg

=========================================================================================================================================================

Tokaido Shinkansen Stuff

Tokaido Shinkansen Common Object (Download this first before download the map) -> DOWNLOAD

Package Include
- Shinkansen Ballast track (with and without support rails)
- Common tokaido shinkansen dike and wall
- Shinkansen Tunnel
- Common tokaido shinkansen catenary
- Odawara Station

67202136_2347351138687028_7649039873151598592_o.jpg

67671347_2347351312020344_6918630149881593856_o.jpg

Map and basemap (Shinyoko -> Odawara) -> DOWNLOAD

(Pleas continue this)

67148782_2347351028687039_6549614604283019264_o.jpg

I also mention about commission project here.
I aplogize if I can't keep my words. I realized that I can only works with some trainz-project in only good mood and motivation.
I just finished this semester and I will be free in around 3 months. I Hope some of the commission finished in that time..

speaking of cov19, the condition is much worse in my place. many peoples won't listen the social distancing command. I hope everyone still save here..

Rizky, thank you for your many contributions to Trainz, both now and in the past. Stay safe my friend, and I hope to see you around here for a long, long time.

@ AlexMaria
On your Tokyu Trains it is saying that <kuid:777910:1019> byald06 is missing
It appears to be a bogey. Where can I find this bogey?

It's the TS-807 Bogey by Keimei, it should be avaible on the DLS.

I decided to backup some of my private creation on drive. So, I think why not to make some part of these backup addons as a freeware..
Here, Enjoy and Happy Trainzing !!

Route Support
(My unused track and object, Might be useful for another route builder)

THANK YOU! You're right, i will definitely need these for my routes, especially the 4-aspect block signals!

From Railsim :
Credit belong to Original Creator :

Ah, i see you finally managed to convert from RailSim addons. This opens up quite a lot of possibilities!

I aplogize if I can't keep my words. I realized that I can only works with some trainz-project in only good mood and motivation.
I just finished this semester and I will be free in around 3 months. I Hope some of the commission finished in that time..

speaking of cov19, the condition is much worse in my place. many peoples won't listen the social distancing command. I hope everyone still save here..

Well, it's about the same here: the quarantine special law gets loosened a little bit and people immediately pretend to do whatever they feel like doing.

Stay safe too and Good Luck!

Also, don't worry too much about the commissions, i'm sure evryone will understand and be patient.

I bow down deeply and can only say one thing: どうもありがとうございます
Doumo arigatou gozaimasu

For all the great content and also for all the trains

I have one little request.

The JPN house groups will speed up my building project immensely however as they are not on the DLS I cannot use them. I want that my route is 100 % downloadable on the DLS. Is there a solution for it. May I other wise clone those items so that they can be distributed with the route? or could you upload at least those houses to the DLS?

About the commissions.

Take your time. Your terms where clear and the communication also: You can only work on them when you have the time. I am patient we already have so much great Japan content.

Thanks again and stay safe!

But really really thanks. Stay safe! It is sad to read that people won't hold to the rules of social distances. Here in the Netherlands it went fairly well in the beginning but now as this lockdown is longer people are getting tired of it and also more aggressive (especially in supermarkets and so on).

Map and basemap (Shinyoko -> Odawara) -> DOWNLOAD

(Pleas continue this)

Maybe in my free time or when I'm not motivated with my other routes I will work on this in the mean time. I cannot make it 100% realistic. I think it is the most important that the 'feel' is right. I drove this route IRL and numurous times via Train view vids on Youtube. I will try.

LOL I first searched for Shinyoko but it is of course the abbreviation of Shin- Yokohama.

Pagroove: I've seen a few Tokaido Line cab runs but mainly form Kyoto to Kobe. I'll have to see this new one. It 's rather fustrating making a JP route cause it's like you either don't have enough houses or buildings or you have too many of the same houses and buildings as I'm trying to make each city and town different form each other. Been trying to find some other JP trees besides the pine and laurch trees. I think DHR has some I'll check out. Lastly. stations..all we got now for commuter stations are Hirochi's but they are better made for the city. We don't have any of those smaller suburban stations and we have to kit bash those. Which can be time consuming and a pain in the ass at times. I've used the building pack and they do diversify the towns and cities alot.

Risky: Thanks for the freeware!! The objects should work in trainz 12 and I would like to try out the block signal pack and the JPN house group.
Small request: A four track railroad crossing. Smaller suburban stations that are interactive.
One train that caught my intrest in the freeware pack was the Zibaku Snow Monkey train. Is'nt that the Original Narita Express train? Could it be reskined to the NEX train? I'll download it to see if it works for my trainz 12.

Everyone else: stay safe. this pandemic is not over yet and summertime will be our biggest test!!
As for making your route compatable with the older versions well it's much appreciated. Converting my S.I.R.L route form trainz 2006 to 12 was a very fustrating process cause most of the buildings and track no longer existed and I had to substitue. And don't get me started on those damm trees!! 2006 had beautiful low rez trees but they were replaced by those ugly quick grow animated trees in 2012.

We don't have any of those smaller suburban stations and we have to kit bash those. Which can be time consuming and a pain in the ass at times. I've used the building pack and they do diversify the towns and cities alot.

If i'm not mistaken, on the DLS there should be atleast a couple of rural stations kits made by Keimei. Hanshin9501's website (https://ameblo.jp/hanshin9501/) also has some old JNR-era stations avaible for download.

One train that caught my intrest in the freeware pack was the Zibaku Snow Monkey train. Is'nt that the Original Narita Express train? Could it be reskined to the NEX train? I'll download it to see if it works for my trainz 12.

Yes indeed it is the old Narita Express!
When these 253 Series trains were replaced by the E259 in 2010, two were refurbished and are still in service with JR East on Nikko services (253-1000 Series), and another two were sold to the Nagano Electric Railway (unfortunately, all the remaining 93 cars still in JR East's inventory were scrapped).

I have looked at the Tokaido Shinkansen and decided that I will not work on it for now. Reason is that is is a too big project. I will first have to focus on finisihing the works I have started.

I would love to see one person take the challenge but don't underestimate this challenge. Even this (relatively speaking ) short stretch from Shink Yokohama to Odawara would take a long time to create. I have looked at the section in Google Earth and there are a lot of unique buildings along this stretch. I also saw that the route is probably on it's original height. So the landscape has to be raised manually or a DEM has to be used. As said. I don't have the time for that but feel free to try :)

BTW the Odawara Station that Rizky made is very nice.
For now I have only installed the trains for which I am grateful.

Hi Rizky,

Thanks for your content you've uploaded, and I hope you stay safe and that your semester work goes well.

Without being too much of a pain the 221 series has a missing dependency, <kuid:501228:22322091> which going off the config file is an enginespec. I've changed it to one of your other enginespecs in the time being, but just thought I would mention it so you know.

I have one little request.

The JPN house groups will speed up my building project immensely however as they are not on the DLS I cannot use them. I want that my route is 100 % downloadable on the DLS. Is there a solution for it. May I other wise clone those items so that they can be distributed with the route? or could you upload at least those houses to the DLS?

Okey, I'll upload later

Back