Japan

Hi guys in new year. I have some small progress.

Now I'm experimenting with a lot of trackside objects. Concrete blocks for electric cable system etc.

trainz2015-01-0419-46-28-11_zps85413713.png

trainz2015-01-0419-46-39-18_zpsf987aa7f.png

I like freight transport in japan so I'm working on freight railcars especialy on these container ones. I found even railcars with anime characters on them.:D
trainz2015-01-0419-43-54-53_zps00f03858.png
trainz2015-01-0419-43-11-75_zpsff3e2add.png

This was just a taste of my work. Rest as always here: http://s609.photobucket.com/user/MiyuGreer/library/TS2009 Japan map?sort=3&page=1

Hi guys in new year. I have some small progress.

Now I'm experimenting with a lot of trackside objects. Concrete blocks for electric cable system etc.
I like freight transport in japan so I'm working on freight railcars especialy on these container ones. I found even railcars with anime characters on them.:D
This was just a taste of my work. Rest as always here: http://s609.photobucket.com/user/MiyuGreer/library/TS2009 Japan map?sort=3&page=1

Outstanding work!. Very nice to see Japan Freight container cars. Also very good work on the trackside objects. Also took a visit to your Photobucket and saw some very nice stations and objects.

Outstanding work!. Very nice to see Japan Freight container cars. Also very good work on the trackside objects. Also took a visit to your Photobucket and saw some very nice stations and objects.

Thanks. :) Today after work I again worked on the container railcars.

Nippon Express - blue version
trainz2015-01-0520-42-17-18_zpsf4f0717c.png

Nippon Express - grey version
trainz2015-01-0520-42-12-29_zps06d15a9d.png

trainz2015-01-0520-42-23-31_zpsfefa8856.png

More screenshots of them as usual here on my photobucket gallery: http://s609.photobucket.com/user/MiyuGreer/library/TS2009 Japan map?sort=3&page=1

Happy New Year gang!! Looks like everybody has been making progress. Really like the JR freight cars matura. I'm really hoping that they will be interactive and somebody makes a JR container station for them. Nice screenshots too Pagroov. Is the Nex heading for an airport terminal a the end of the line like the real one?
As for me, I too have made some progress on updating my SIRL system to trainz 12. I've got the bullet train line completed and back running again. I had to replace the aus 2 track usa tunnel with the benten e tunnel because the aus tunnel wont work in 12 and it was one of the major tunnels that i used on the layout in 2006 Now I'll have to find other tunnels to replace the ones on the other line. Yes Marinemania those are the vids. I believe one of those trips took more than 5 hours. My personal favorite is the Tokaido Line form Kyoto to Kobe and beyond. Well here are my 2cents worth of progress!! enjoy. The last pic I took driving the bullet train at night.
64fa91678def155a1c6144f09e7f63e7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Kiha 141

Andi the Series 141 KiHa is awesome, some cab cams and the unit will be golden. Good unit overall, with good starting capability.

VtJX0gr.jpg

VJLFXdk.jpg

Here we see the 141 running along the coast.

I am also beginning the process of merging japanese routes on the DLS. I currently have KiHa Japan and Shimo-Minato merged. I am to create a realistic yet fictional route that will convince the most die-hard of japanese trainz fans. This will also include the replacement of most 2d foliage unless there isn't a good replacement for it.

veVtgLc.jpg

Here is the evidence of the rerouting of the Kiha Mainline.

yRs3rOt.jpg

Another random shot on the same route.

I've decided to hold fast on that Aomori-Hakodate Route until I can develop a Multiplayer:Surveyor tool for TS12, which will enable the creation of those humongous routes, or the super interactive ones (I'm going to start another thread that will describe more on this).

hey I tried downloading the kiha 141 but it doesn't appear in the rail yard. I downloaded all the files for it I don't know why it's not showing up.

hey I tried downloading the kiha 141 but it doesn't appear in the rail yard. I downloaded all the files for it I don't know why it's not showing up.

I downloaded the Kiha too but for me it's working fine. Are you trying to run it in TS12? Maybe it's not compatible with TS12 just for TS2009.

Nice pics all. Will download the Kiha 141 soon. Looks great and will be a good preview for the pay ware trains made by Andi.:)

Looks fine here to me in my Railyard, RS. Have you tried the usual tricks to make things work like switching between video modes and the like?

Bill

???? kiha 141 ????

Content Manager-------JPN-JR-KIHA 141--------Edit---------Edit in Explorer-------config

kuid <kuid:300193:100433>
username "JPN - JR Kiha 141"
trainz-build 2.9
category-class "AD"
category-region "JP"
category-era "1990s;2000s;2010s"
kind "traincar"
engine 1
enginespec <kuid:-25:435>
enginesound <kuid:523:100432> -------------------change
hornsound <kuid:300193:100460>
interior <kuid:-10:173> ----------------------------change
mass 29000

Edit-----------Commit

Last edited:
Railshuttle and Pagroove: the 321 engine sound is already fixed, I found this out pretty late some time ago, it is put as an seperate download on dls by same creator called: JR E321 Engine Sound (TS12 Optimized) instead of JR E321 Engine Sound so no upgrade but an new file and it works in ts12.

Hirochi: It’s good to see you are upgrading some of your content, some nice changes here.

Pagroove: some good pics you put of your route, I especially like the night shots of the double shinkansen station also thanks for the new enginesound for the 500 shinkansen.

Matura: your containercars looks great, same for the way how you put the trackside objects, makes it looks more realistic, well done on both.

Railshuttle: I downloaded the Kiha 141 in trainz 12 and it worked directly without any issues, I am using version 61388 of ts12, do you have any errors or missing depedencies showing up in de content manager?

I made some progress on my own route, you can see it in the following 2 pics together with Andi’s beautiful Tokyo Metro 05N + Kintetsu 5820, other 5 are mainly andi’s trains.
trainz2015-01-1314-17-24-62_zps8b566bbc.png

Finedetailing under the bridge.
trainz2015-01-1314-13-50-61_zps1064c137.png

The river near Nagakaido end station.
trainz2015-01-1314-13-05-43_zpse3505f9b.png

An part of the interior of the Kintetsu 5820 taken on the bridge over the river.
trainz2015-01-1314-22-44-78_zps8019341c.png

Interior of Tokyo Metro 05N which drives past an Kintetsu 5820.
trainz2015-01-1314-20-44-02_zpsa218f1db.png

Rush hour from/towards Nagakaido viewed from Tokyo Metro 05N cabine.
trainz2015-01-1314-54-22-81_zps4f8f67db.png

Cabineview of the Tokyo Metro 05N which just arrived at Nagakaido.
trainz2015-01-1315-05-37-47_zpsab229574.png

Nagakaido with both Kintetsu 5820 and Tokyo Metro 05N.

Overall Andi's trains looks great and it's one of the best interiors I have seen in trainz.
Looking forward to future trains (I know some of them already ;)).
For the ones that don't know his website can be found here: http://jtrainz.weebly.com/

Nice shots and Route recommendation

Nice Shots Everyone, some really nice looking stuff being made :D

Having recently returned to Trainz, I'm in need of a good Japan style route. Can anyone recommend a good one?

School boy question I know, but I figured this would be the best place to ask ;)

Cheers,

Johan :)

N33: Japanese routes are very limited in trainz, from my knowledge from what's available you have 2 small maps from Keimei (kiha japan and otaku street) and Pagroove's electro island which is partially japanese based, this one is an large layout.

I will release in the future my modeltrainz map, can't say how long it will take untill first part is finished.

@ Hirochi.

Very nice features on the VSE50000. Do all the trains have those rotating seats in Japan? I saw a video that some Shinkansen sets also can rotate their seats.

@ Acelaamtrack.

Very very nice. I hope that you are able to do a release this year. It looks to me (from the pics) finished but I know there is always a lot of testing involved. Wow those trains from Andy are really nice. I plan to order a train set also but I waited a bit as I am still deciding which one I want. The Tokyo Metro 05 n looks very tasty though. :).

@ N33. My Electro Island is indeed partially Japan based. Early this year I plan to upload an update for it and a bug fix. In the current version you will find a 48 km long Shinkansen line (called the Colden Shinkansen) a loop line in Central City (called To Shin/Central City loop line). The non Japanese parts are extensive too. A 105 km TGV circle line and a normal network and a steam line. You need a First Class ticket otherwise the downloading can take very long.

In the update the Shinkansen is extended to 65 km and the Narrow Gauge network in To Shin is extended with at least 3 new lines as well as some container terminals (not animated though) for freight. Also more portals to run traffic over the narrow gauge network.

@Accelaamtrak. Cheers, I'll have a wee look at them :) I look forward to trying out your route when it's released :D

@Pagroove. I've downloaded your route, most impressive :D Just a few small bugs with some assets that I was able to rectify.

Now it's simply a matter of getting Trainz to stop crashing, that's an OS issue. :p

Back