Japan

nice!!! and I was gonna ask you were you gonna use Hirochi's new bullet train station in the Electoro Island upgrade.

Thnx Railshuttle. Now that upgrade is an excuse to use that fantastic station. Is the upgrading work to TS12 on your route going as planned?

@Pagroove:

I've downloaded and installed the Electro route, and I love it, but there is a huge amount of "shimmer" on the tracks in the Shinkansen stations. Whenever the point of view moves, the shimmering is very distracting and spoils the overall effect. Is there a fix for that?

Bill

@Pagroove:

I've downloaded and installed the Electro route, and I love it, but there is a huge amount of "shimmer" on the tracks in the Shinkansen stations. Whenever the point of view moves, the shimmering is very distracting and spoils the overall effect. Is there a fix for that?

Bill

Hi Bill,

The shimmer is probably caused by the fact that I overlaid the Shinkansen stations with an invisible platform to make passengers appear. However on my computer there is none. Also I didn't hear that problem from other users like Railshuttle so it could also be caused by that the stations themselves have artefacts. I don't know for sure.

A question to you. If you open Surveyor in an empty baseboard and place the station yourself is the shimmer stil there?

Edited to add: Is switching between Open GL/Direct X making it any different?

Last edited:
Thanks for responding. On a bare board, placing Shinkansen 1,2, & 3 (or A, B, & C - I don't remember now), I get the shimmer. My video is NVIDIA and doesn't like to run DX, but switching back and forth has no effect on the problem.

Bill

Thanks for responding. On a bare board, placing Shinkansen 1,2, & 3 (or A, B, & C - I don't remember now), I get the shimmer. My video is NVIDIA and doesn't like to run DX, but switching back and forth has no effect on the problem.

Bill

Ok thanks for testing. Then I'm afraid that it is something within the design of the Shinkansen station themselves that causes this. I have also NVDIA. On GL I get some shimmer but on DX none. Maybe contacting the author of the item? (if he is still active). You can of course replace all the 'normal' Shinkansen stations with the JMA ones but then every station on the route would look exactly the same which is boring. Or someone has to remake new normal stations. I am no modeler though.:(

Oh, it isn't any big deal. When I was in Japan, I noticed that a lot of the stations had similar construction so it isn't any stretch of the imagination to have the newer Shinkansen stations similar also. I'm no modeler either so I'll just make so. Thanks for the response.

Bill

Not really a screenshot but a shot of a new Item that I have uploaded to the DLS. If you have the Shinkansen 500 you can now install a realistic engine sound for it. TRS 2012 ready. Probably also works in 2010 and 2009. A sort of Christmas present.

jr500.png

yeah. I was searching for the stuff that was missing when it got transported to Trainz 12. And sadly, the sites that i got some of it form are gone and even the download station doesn't have them anymore. So far the Bullet train line is ok except I have to replace the 8 mile tunnel form Quad City to the city limits and replace some textures. The Sanito Line still has yet to be viewed and I'm really stuck at either keeping it standard or making it narrow gauged. the problem is that the Sanito Line is also a major freight carrier on the east side of my entire system and thus far (at least to my knowlege, there aren't that many interactive freight cars for JR freight at all. :( I'm a big fan of their intermodel system.) So I still got a ways to go, replacing stuff It's a very big and vast system but I'll keep you guys and gals posted on progress. For now I'll just watch trains zip around on the kiha japan e-model railroad layout and wrap presents LOL!! have a safe and happy holiday season!!
Thanks for the 500 sound update pagroov, Do you know if anyone has fixed the sounds on the 223 commuter trains?, they sound like someone scratching a chalkboard with a jet engine!!

Last edited:
yeah. I was searching for the stuff that was missing when it got transported to Trainz 12. And sadly, the sites that i got some of it form are gone and even the download station doesn't have them anymore. So far the Bullet train line is ok except I have to replace the 8 mile tunnel form Quad City to the city limits and replace some textures. The Sanito Line still has yet to be viewed and I'm really stuck at either keeping it standard or making it narrow gauged. the problem is that the Sanito Line is also a major freight carrier on the east side of my entire system and thus far (at least to my knowlege, there aren't that many interactive freight cars for JR freight at all. :( I'm a big fan of their intermodel system.) So I still got a ways to go, replacing stuff It's a very big and vast system but I'll keep you guys and gals posted on progress. For now I'll just watch trains zip around on the kiha japan e-model railroad layout and wrap presents LOL!! have a safe and happy holiday season!!
Thanks for the 500 sound update pagroov, Do you know if anyone has fixed the sounds on the 223 commuter trains?, they sound like someone scratching a chalkboard with a jet engine!!

Yep I know. Transferring lay outs to TS12 is not as straightforward as it would seem. However in the end it is worth it. First reason is that your lay out will be future compatible for a while at least. Sometimes rebuilding things gives you the opportunity to optimize some things (as I am still with my own routes.). Take your time and remember to have fun in the process. And Happy holiday season to all. :). About the 223. I've installed another trainsound on it. Search for QR EMU on the download station. That sound will work reasonably with most Keimei trains till those original sounds are fixed.

Last edited:
just when you thought IT couldn't get any better!! thanks for the new station hirochi. Hey question. could you make a full station for the regular narrow gauged commuter trains someday?

Andi I strongly suggest you should include a link to your website in your signature or on your profile page. So those who don't already know you website URL, can access it.

Now I've got a good question. Would it take a group effort to accurately model the route between Hachinohe and Sapporo Via Aomori and Hakodate?
With a team that occasionally rotates content creation positions in the effort to model the right of between those cities?

great work and i agree with marinemania you should post a link to your site so we can check out that and your other cool trains. A group effort to make a super accurate route? It will take a rather long time. years even. Best bet would be to look up the cab view videos on youtube based on the route.

Last edited:
Group suggestion and Video resources

Snip, A group effort to make a super accurate route? It will take a rather long time. years even.Best bet would be to look up the cab view videos on youtube based on the route.

I was thinking of a for profit group in the same way that HP-Trainz did their Marias Pass Route back in early 2004.:)

Are you taking about Syaso's work by chance? I have gone through most of his video footage from Hachino through KiKonai have the last two parts left to complete before I can say I have watched the majority of the route mentioned before. Here's the link to the playlist for the Series 789 Limited Express"Super-Hakucho" https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5961F4BD924A15D7:D

Here's Syaso's page for those who want a look at his through his recordings for your pet projects. https://www.youtube.com/user/syaso/playlistshttps://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYltHtyDkC6jU3BFSdv7t4Zwzd4IRzkWF
Dave Harding has also created a playlist of different cab records from different authors https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYltHtyDkC6jU3BFSdv7t4Zwzd4IRzkWF
ayokoi has a small collection from what I am deducting is from the Shinjuku area https://www.youtube.com/user/ayokoi/playlists
nek0mask55 also is another author who has a fairly good collection of recordings https://www.youtube.com/user/nek0mask55/playlists
Japan Railway &Tramway videos seems to have a reasonable number of recordings, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf8KjzzK1eOrghj10SHrIaA
Japan Train Viewing has some cab view recordings no playlists for watching indi vids, https://www.youtube.com/user/LinkRailJapan?feature=hovercard

I definitely think some of the cab and passenger ride videos from the authors above are worth using for as audio. Some of the trains seem to have good audio for speed up from idle to select power setting (it's only a matter figuring out the setting according to the sound);).

Now I've got a good question. Would it take a group effort to accurately model the route between Hachinohe and Sapporo Via Aomori and Hakodate?
With a team that occasionally rotates content creation positions in the effort to model the right of between those cities?

Well, when we did the DHR, we had around 15 worker bees on it. By breaking the route up into smaller chunks (around 10-15 miles each) everyone can work on their own portions. Then you need one person with the Master Map who pieces them back together again.

I love that area! I was stationed at Misawa in the Navy, and traveled all through those cities on trains every break I got. My favorite ride was Misawa to Hachinohe so I could visit my model train store there. Would this route also include the Shinkansen now that it goes all the way to Aomori? The Saikan Tunnel would also have to be in the route. It's awesome!

Bill

Back