Japan

How is that even possible?!! What manga is that?!

Densha De D!

Let me explain:
It's a paraody of the popular car racing (drifting) game Initial D but here the cars are replaced by railway veichles and the street racing ambience gets replaced by railways, gangs and garages get replaced by real railway companies and so on...
As an example the protagonist's Toyota Corolla AE86 of the original game gets replaced by a Hankyu railway 2000 series.
For the rest all the characters, storyline and situations of the original car game do not change (so do the outcomes of the various races).

Chapter 1 was pubblished in 2002, and it's still going as chapter 40 has been relased at this year's Comiket.

Itself it's also a reference to the rivalry between various real-life railway companies over a designated corridor (Tokyo-Yokohama between JR East and Keikyu, Kyoto-Osaka-Kobe between Hankyu, JR West, Hanshin and Keihan and so on...)

This manga got adapted into a series of videogames, of wich several gameplay videos exist on Youtube (even in english).

However, the most striking fetaure of this paraody it's the drift, that gets adapted as the "MULTI-TRACK DRIFTING".
Yes, it's practically impossible and extremely dangerous, but it's awersome.

This multi-track drifting has been adapted into a meme (often misused and confused with the similar Running in the 90s meme*) and so it has spread over the internet.

Remarkable is the soundtrack of both games, composed of fast-paced, electro-pop songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKtwscB4wqo

(this one is based on the Keikyu "singing trains")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BRMlurVpG0

*Runing in the 90s is a song that is part of Initial D's sountrack. It's prominently fetaured in a drifting sequence, earning its reputation as a drifting meme.
A remastered version is also used in Densha De D!

Currently, avaible on the internet are chapters 1 and 2 (the ones with expired copyright)

Enjoy:

Chapter 1 (Hankyu 2000 vs 8200 series)

http://mangafox.be/initial-d-densha-de-d-doujinshi.html?chapter=0

Chapter 2 (Hankyu 2000 vs Kintetsu Urban Liner 21000 series)

http://whatfishthinks.com/manga/initial-d-densha-de-d-doujinshi/ch0

Wow thanks for the share man!! It's like The Fast and the Furious with trains!! LOL! Some of those guys in the manga look like they came straight outta Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

Tokaido Line.. @Tokyo
f489c98a00eb55a26fecab47208cf68d.jpg

24f8cbdfe178bc37496e6e1265334aaa.jpg

Nice pic kurotrick. Got a question for you though. In the first pic, the Cantenary structure closest to us in the pic is vastly different form the other cantenary stuructures. Is there a reason for this?

Nice pic kurotrick. Got a question for you though. In the first pic, the Cantenary structure closest to us in the pic is vastly different form the other cantenary stuructures. Is there a reason for this?

yeah it is taken from Tokyo-Eki itself. Anyway the suspension is undone, i exported it just to make screenshots lol

@Kurotrick.

Tokyo Station starts to get realistic to an almost unbelievable level. Well done :). Really can't wait for the update :D:D:D:D.

The route are done. Me and the team are now struggling to create the session. We want it bugless. So maybe this takes a while :(

The route are done. Me and the team are now struggling to create the session. We want it bugless. So maybe this takes a while :(

Yes trying to get bugs out of sessions can be a real pain. I tried with the Electo Island sessions but sometimes a train would misbehave late into the session.
I believe someone mentioned that you can speed up sessions somehow so you don't have to wait till a bug comes up after running the session for an hour.

Merry christmas to All of you!:cool:

Merry Xmass to all to :)

@ Kurotrick.

I am really amazed by your latest video. The lighting and the sound are so realistic. Is this a real Train Sound inside the Trainz engine in combination with clever scripting or is it a recording of the same trip and then the audio dubbed over the movie? Because as far as I know it it is difficult to make such realistic sounds. Especially as the other train in the opposite direction blasts by. This is about the best I have ever seen done in the Trainz engine (that is if you are into Japanese trains). Only it is a shame that the train dials are not working but really great work ! :).

Merry Xmass to all to :)

@ Kurotrick.

I am really amazed by your latest video. The lighting and the sound are so realistic. Is this a real Train Sound inside the Trainz engine in combination with clever scripting or is it a recording of the same trip and then the audio dubbed over the movie? Because as far as I know it it is difficult to make such realistic sounds. Especially as the other train in the opposite direction blasts by. This is about the best I have ever seen done in the Trainz engine (that is if you are into Japanese trains). Only it is a shame that the train dials are not working but really great work ! :).

Hello pagroove, thankyou for your wonderful comment.

Yes i dubbed the video with an actual audio to see if the route goes precisely well in length.
I hope sooner Trainz will fix their stock tracksound and improve their sound effect as well.

Back