Japan

[Continues from preceeding post]

Introduced in 2005, Toei's 10-300 Series was derived from JR East's successful above-ground E231 Series design, and was a true step-up from the 10-000 Series. However, it could not be used directly from the start as they came equipped only with D-ATC and not the analogue ATC system, hence, regular services were operated with the 10-000 Series only for a while, with the 10-300 Series being used after revenue hours for testing. The switch to D-ATC came on the 14th of May 2005, with the entrance in service of the first 10-300 Series batches, replacing the older 1st and 2nd batches 10-000 Series (plus the prototype set) wich had not been retrofitted with D-ATC, as by then were nearing nearly 30 years of age. However, not all cars of these sets were nearly 30 years old, with Toei opting to "recylce" the two additional 5th batch intermediate cars added in each set around the late '80s to form a handful of new trains - these being the quirky 6-car 10-300R Sets: six 10-000 Series cars sandwitched between two newly-built 10-300 Series-style cab cars.

The later 10-000 Series batches, from the 4th onwards, were instead relatively more lucky, being retrofitted with D-ATC and thus able to continue revenue service on the Shinjuku Line, with the 4th to 6th batches being also retrofitted with LED destination indicators around 2009.

However, overcrowding soon caught up to them, with Toei planning to extend all Shinjuku Line trains from eight to ten cars. Depsite having been built relatively recently, the 10-000 Series were now fitted with rather outdated equipment, and an eventual reformation into 10-car sets, depsite some tests, was not considered, with Toei opting for an outright replacement with new batches of the 10-300 Series, the first of wich began to be delivered in 2013.
With the delivery of the new 10-300 Series batches, the definitive retirement of the 10-000 Series began, with the retiremet of the 3rd batch trains by the end of 2013, followed in 2016 by the retirement of the 4th batch, and a year later, in 2017, the final "original style" 10-000 Series trains disappeared from the Shinjuku Line, with the 6th batch set being retired on the 16th of July, and the two 7th batch sets being retired on the 7th of June and on the 14th of August.

The two final batch 10-000 Series sets managed to solder on for six months more until they were both retired as well, the first on the 16th of January, and the second on the 11th of February, thus ending a nearly 40-years long career for the 10-000 Series.
Unfortunately, all retired 10-000 Series vehicles have been scrapped, except for the head portion of car 10-230F (a 4th batch train), wich is allegedly preserved inside Keio Heavy Equipment Maintainance (a sbusidiary company of Keio Railway to wich some railways, of wich Toei for the Shinjuku Line fleet, contract out rolling stock maintainance) Kitano plant.

And with this i'll be done for a while with the Toei subway! Some Asakusa Line rolling stock will come as well in the future, but not right after this pack.

Nice work @ Everyone
@ DuskeyDuskey:
Nice fictional DD51 unit

@ AlexMaria
Nice work on completing the Toei. Line up

@ JDriver nice pics. You always manage to come up with pics that I really have to look hard at which location you made them ( I like that) but I think I found all locations)

temperatures is going to be close to 100 fahrenheit, That's too warm for me to use my computer

Yes. The heatwaves are really messing up sitting long hours behind the computer. My normal work also is behind the computer so when it is very warm and I completed my day/job I don't have energy left with this heatwave. So Trainz time is really rare during this heat. Last days it became somewhat cooler.

@ TreinspotterJeffrey
Nice to see E210 from you. Should give some variance to the existing KHB units.

@ AlexMaria
Nice work on completing the Toei. Line up

Many thanks!

Here's the very last Toei subway train for now - the 10-300R Series!

Toei-10-300-R-Series.jpg

Already available on my website!

These quirky trains were introduced on the Shinjuku Line around 2005, and they were an odd side-effect of the ongoing conversion of the line's signalling system fron an old 1970s analogue ATC system to a modern D-ATC system derived from the one JR East was then implementing on the Yamanote and Keihin-Tohoku Lines.

At the time, the Shinjuku Line fleet was formed exclusivley by 10-000 Series trains, built in various batches between 1978 and 1997 (plus a prototype set built in 1971), and with the oldest batches rapidly ageing after 30 years of intense services, Toei was planning to replace them with newer trains- these being the 10-300 Series derived from JR East's successful E231 Series design.
A further reason for the replacement of the early batches was the necessity to retrofit D-ATC equipment, an expensive operation that had no sense on nearly life-expired rolling stock.

However, not all cars in the early-batch sets were of the same age: two cars in each set were slightly newer (almost a decade younger), having been introduced when the Shinjuku Line fleet was extended from 6 to 8-car sets in the late 1980s.
Hence, Toei decided for an unusual solution: to re-use the intermediate cars and mix them with newly-built cab cars in order to form a handful of additional sets at a relatively low cost.
This was the birth of the 10-300R Series, where the "R" stood for "Repair" and "Reconstruction": six bona-fide, unmodified 10-000 Series cars sandwitched between two cab cars newly-built to the 10-300 Series design, and modified very little except for the bare minimium necessary to make them electrically compatible with the older cars. Evrything else remained mostly intact, including the armature chopper traction control - given that the cab cars are unpowered in the standard Japanese EMU design, no traction system change was deemed necessary.

In total, 12 new cab cars were ordered by Toei, built by Tokyu Car Corporation, delivered starting in 2005 and entering in service gradually between September 2005 and December 2006, an average of one evry two months.
Toei had calculated that it needed three 10-000 Series formations to extract the six intermediate cars for a 10-300R Sets, with the eventual plan being to use all 18 1st and 2nd batch sets (plus two spare cars from the prototype set), however, this couldn't be done immediately: since it was found out that armonic interferences from the 10-300 Series' inverters interfered with the ATC system, the newer trains couldn't operate until the whole line's system was switched to D-ATC, hence Toei had to keep in service the older trains longer than anticipated.

In the end, Toei opted to initially tempoarily replace the cab cars only of the older-batch sets, leaving in place the equally old intermediate cars, with their distinctive old-fashioned 4-section windows, a stark contrast to the adjacent Shin-Keiretsu-Densha derived bodyshell of the newly-built cab cars.
The signalling system was finally switched to D-ATC on the 14th of May 2005, and one week later, on the 21st of May, the 10-300 Series finally entered regular services on the Shinjuku Line. Within a couple of years, enough of the new trains were available to replace the surviving early-batch 10-000 Series sets. With the retirement of the early sets, finally enough later-batch additional cars were available, with the 10-300R Series being subsequently reformed into the formation it was initially meant to be - only later-batch intermediate cars only.

From then, the story of the 10-300R Series went on relatively uneventful for about a decade, until the mid-2010s: by then, with the overgcrowding of the Shinjuku Line becoming an increasing issue, Toei started to lenghten all trains from 8 to 10-car sets. Since it made no sense to lenghten them with other 10-000 Series surplus intermediate cars, nor re-use the cab car with newly-built intermediate cars of a similar design, the 10-300R Series ended up being shortlisted for replacement, togheter with the rest of the 10-000 Series fleet.
With the introduction of the 4th batch 10-300 Series in 2015, the replacement of the 10-300R Series began, and was completed by early 2017, with the last run of a 10-300R Series set on the Shinjuku Line on the 3rd of February.

Seto-Ohashi Line V1.2 release

Compatible with T:ANE or higher Trainz versions.

Seto-Ohashi Line V1.2 has been released, like promised! A big thanks to Blazord/Duskeyduskey and Socimi/Alexmaria for helping with objects, tracks, rolling stock, etc...
Please read the README.txt file, which is included in the route file. The route is not 100% finished.

It's available on my website here!

If there are any missing dependencies or issues, please contact me so I can fix it as soon as possible. Enjoy!

Hello ,
As some of you may know , our old trains from Japan are sometimes donated to other countries , including Myanmar. Because I have seen the 「Loop line」of Yangon , I decide to make a small route based on it in Trainz . Route will be free of course , for now it is in progress but I prepared a much better treat for all - remake of andi - san KIHA 141 , which now also includes a weathered Myanmar ver . It now has a working cab . Thank you to MYS (mamankyoga - san..) For helping me with cab animations. Link is here ::D https://mega.nz/file/gfZGWARZ#vL7OOZmhFJx8ELBPeAuT5Uc4aiuO7G3HM-QIAYM88D0 and posting some screens from the route as well:cool:

1JswPPP

Probably still WIP, giving the fact that Myanmar is still considered as "unexplored area" for any contents on Trainz platform. But hopefully the author could release that former JR Hokkaido KiHa 141 series DMU to public. ;)

Compatible with T:ANE or higher Trainz versions.

Seto-Ohashi Line V1.2 has been released, like promised! A big thanks to Blazord/Duskeyduskey and Socimi/Alexmaria for helping with objects, tracks, rolling stock, etc...
Please read the README.txt file, which is included in the route file. The route is not 100% finished.

Congratulations!

And to commemorate this release, here's an appropriate train - JR Shikoku's 8000 Series!

JR-Shikoku-8000-Series-1536x729.png

Original livery (1992-2006) on the left, current livery (2004-onwards) on the right.

Already available on my website!

The 8000 Series was developed in the late 1980s and early 1990s as the electric counterpart of JR Shikoku's 2000 Series tilting DMUs and was intended to give JR Shikoku some competitive margin against the rapidly-developing Shikoku expressway network. As with the 2000 Series, JR Shikoku opted for a tilting train as a way to achieve high speeds on the island's winding railway network without embarking in expensive track straightening projects.

Built by Hitachi and Nippon Sharyo, an initial prototype 3-car set was delivered in March 1992 and put in service on the Yosan Line on some Ishizuchi services between Takamatsu and Niihama and on some Shiokaze services between Niihama and Okayama, via the Seto Ooashi Bridge. Following the initial good results, JR Shikoku proceeded to place an order for six 3-car sets and another six 5-car sets. A distinctive trait of the 8000 Series was it's two different cab styles in each set: a very aereodynamic and slanted one, and a flat one with a ganway in the middle. The rationale between this was that a 3-car set and a 5-car set would've run coupled on the flat side and then uncouple at a designated station, with each set going in a different direction on a different limited express service, and vice-versa, two services coupling at a designated station and then continuing to the terminus of both as a single train.

On the 18th of March 1993, with the electrification of the final missing section of the Yosan Line, between Iyo-Hojo (a little north of Matsuyama) and Niihama, full 8000 Series service started, with the new tilting trains being assigned to all Ishizuchi and Shiokaze services, replacing immediately the older KiHa 181 and KiHa 185 JNR-designed non-tilting DMUs.
As such, by the mid-1990s 8000 Series trains ran the vast majority of both Ishizuchi (between Takamatsu and Matsuyama) and Shiokaze (between Matsuyama and Okayama) services, with only a small minority of Ishizuchi services running to Uwajima being operated by 2000 Series DMUs.
In standard practice, Shiokaze services are assigned to 5-car sets, and Ishizuchi services are assigned to 3-car sets. The two trains run coupled togheter from Matsuyama to Utazu, where they split, with the Shiokaze going towards Okayama, and the Ishizuchi continuing towards Takamatsu.

From a technical standpoint, the 8000 Series design was derived directly from the 2000 Series, using the same stainless steel bodyshell, bogey frame and tilting system. Like the 2000 Series, the 8000 Series is designed for a top speed of 130Km/h in revenue service, altough during testing, on the 8th of August 1992 the prototype set hit 160Km/h.

Originally delivered in a blue livery with red and orange accents, as part of a refurbishment program between 2004 and 2006 all 8000 Series sets were repainted in a new dark blue, orange or red livery, denoting the type of seating of the car: non-reserved, reserved and "Green Car" respectively.

Currently, all six production sets are still in service, assigned at Matsuyama depot and used on Shiokaze and Ishizuchi services. Depsite the introduction of the 8600 Series in 2014, a tilting train of equal performance, there are no current plans to replace the 8000 Series, especially considering JR Shikoku's dire financial situation.

Trivia:
As one of JR Shikoku top-line trains, the 8000 Series is often used for charter services. On the new year's eve of 1994 one set was used for a charter between Matsuyama, Tadotsu and Kotohira for groups going to Konpira and Zentuji shrines. Another set was used in 2004 as a charter train between Osaka and Kyoto, and finally in 1993 one set was used by the then-emperor and emperess (the current emperor and emperess emeritus) to go to the yearly Zenkoku Yutakana Umi Zukiri Taikai (an event to sensibilize on the conservation and well-being of marine life, a keen personal interest of the emperor) wich that year was being held in Niihama.

also downloaded the JIRC/KNB jr 205-1000 for Hanwa line but missing 668654:100055 even though I downloaded both dependencies files

Tom

Compatible with T:ANE or higher Trainz versions.I

If there are any missing dependencies or issues, please contact me so I can fix it as soon as possible. Enjoy!

I'm missing two kuids. both listed as unkown. The first one you told us about earlier but the second one kuid 930825:102211 was listed. this is the first one. 930825:102483

is Japanese one of those languages like Italian where most words end with a vowel? All of those towns and cities on the Trainz map end with a vowel. Japanese can end a word with a u, that is rare in English, usually an English word will end with ue.

Back