.
Page 219 of 221 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221 LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 3301

Thread: Japan

  1. #3271

    Default

    The new guy is trying his luck on Tokyo station

    JR203 Joban sen @Ayase Station



  2. #3272
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom, Cheshire, Runcorn
    Posts
    227

    Default

    I posted this link in another thread, seems right to link here too.


  3. #3273

    Question Shinkansen queries....?

    Hi everyone,

    First of all I just want to say that the Japanese items for this franchise are really amazing. I have a lot of it downloaded after developing a recent interest in Japan's railways from a TV show that's shown in the UK. I have a few question about the various Shinkansen trains that are available to be downloaded. Before I ask, I do hasten to point out that these are absolutely beautiful and stunning models and it's a pleasure to drive them but there's a thing or two I need to clarify:

    1) Are there engine-spec files available for the Shinkansen trains anywhere? Because as great as they are, to suddenly stop dead from 201mph in less than 50m when applying the breaks seems a little unrealistic and I'd hate to think what that would do to the driver or passengers in a real world environment?

    2) Are there more horn sounds, engine sounds etc. available other than what's on the DLS at the moment? The reason I ask is a lot of the configs seem to be using the default auran stuff?

    3) Is there a way to alter the sway on some of the trains (PevTools maybe?), as in some cases at top speed I'm practically doing a barrel roll along the track?

    Please don't think this is me having a go or being b*tchy etc. I'm genuinely curious as to whether there's additional files available by the creators of these great assets to enhance their experience further as I really want to use them on my own routes.

    Many thanks guys and keep up the great work.

  4. #3274
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    706
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince271088 View Post
    Hi everyone,

    First of all I just want to say that the Japanese items for this franchise are really amazing. I have a lot of it downloaded after developing a recent interest in Japan's railways from a TV show that's shown in the UK. I have a few question about the various Shinkansen trains that are available to be downloaded. Before I ask, I do hasten to point out that these are absolutely beautiful and stunning models and it's a pleasure to drive them but there's a thing or two I need to clarify:

    1) Are there engine-spec files available for the Shinkansen trains anywhere? Because as great as they are, to suddenly stop dead from 201mph in less than 50m when applying the breaks seems a little unrealistic and I'd hate to think what that would do to the driver or passengers in a real world environment?

    2) Are there more horn sounds, engine sounds etc. available other than what's on the DLS at the moment? The reason I ask is a lot of the configs seem to be using the default auran stuff?

    3) Is there a way to alter the sway on some of the trains (PevTools maybe?), as in some cases at top speed I'm practically doing a barrel roll along the track?

    Please don't think this is me having a go or being b*tchy etc. I'm genuinely curious as to whether there's additional files available by the creators of these great assets to enhance their experience further as I really want to use them on my own routes.

    Many thanks guys and keep up the great work.

    Engine Specs:

    There are no public available engine specs. But I made different engine specs for myself and I am willing to upload them on the DLS. They are mainly meant to limit the speed of the Shinkansens for a shared environment where faster and slower services drive on the same track. I made for example an E4 Shinkansen engine spec which limit the speed of the engine to 240 km/h. As these are the real live service speeds. I also altered the acceleration and braking to be somewhat slower

    Engine sounds:
    Well search for my Shinkansen Engine Sounds on the DLS. Those will cover most situations. I made some for the 0 shinkansen, 500 Shinkansen and E5/E6 and N700. But Outside of the DLS I to my knowledge no one has done Shinkansen engine sounds.

    Train Sway
    Train sway can be altered in the config file for each engine. I will post here an altered config that prevents sway. BTW I hate it that when N3V implemented the sway feature that they didn't test this on how this would look on very high speed trains. Basically the tools are there in the engine. But IMO it should be the other way around. So that Sway is not on by default unless you want to.
    Last edited by pagroove; December 6th, 2017 at 04:07 PM.

  5. #3275
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    706
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    @Rizky. Wow that E7. Is this a new J-Trainz product or did you make it ?

  6. #3276
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    706
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    [QUOTE=euromodeller;1641617]I posted this link in another thread, seems right to link here too.



    Thank you for the link. There is also a channel on youtube called Rail Live. Which also has (or had) a good Japan Live camera.
    Last edited by pagroove; December 6th, 2017 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Removed quoted vid

  7. #3277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pagroove View Post
    Engine Specs:

    There are no public available engine specs. But I made different engine specs for myself and I am willing to upload them on the DLS. They are mainly meant to limit the speed of the Shinkansens for a shared environment where faster and slower services drive on the same track. I made for example an E4 Shinkansen engine spec which limit the speed of the engine to 240 km/h. As these are the real live service speeds. I also altered the acceleration and braking to be somewhat slower

    Engine sounds:
    Well search for my Shinkansen Engine Sounds on the DLS. Those will cover most situations. I made some for the 0 shinkansen, 500 Shinkansen and E5/E6 and N700. But Outside of the DLS I to my knowledge no one has done Shinkansen engine sounds.

    Train Sway
    Train sway can be altered in the config file for each engine. I will post here an altered config that prevents sway. BTW I hate it that when N3V implemented the sway feature that they didn't test this on how this would look on very high speed trains. Basically the tools are there in the engine. But IMO it should be the other way around. So that Sway is not on by default unless you want to.
    Thanks for getting back to me. I would be very interesting in using your engine specs if you don't mind sharing. Right now from the various models I've tried all of them max out at 201mph (323kph). So anything that would make speeds and especially braking more realistic would be a huge bonus.

    I already have downloaded your stuff. I did a general search for Shinkansen and a lot of your stuff came up but I will search under your username too in case I've missed anything. I equipped your engine sound to the E5/E6 a little while ago. Out of interest, do these sounds only go on the locomotives as I notice rolling stock also comes equipped with an engine sound slot or should I change the sound file for everything in the consist?

    I don't mind having sway on and actually think it's a useful tool but as you say, it's very stupid that they haven't looked into testing it on high speed trains because when I am running at the kind of speeds one can reach in the Shinkansen like I said I list so much I am practically barrel rolling and that's just travelling in a straight line. I'd hate to think what would happen if corners or uneven surfaces were introduced.

    Ben =)

  8. #3278

    Default

    Rizky your screenshots always look so incredible. Just out of interest, how many GB is your graphics card? Only reason I am asking is so that when I eventually upgrade my PC I can have something that renders and runs in that kind of quality.

  9. #3279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince271088 View Post
    ...
    3) Is there a way to alter the sway on some of the trains (PevTools maybe?), as in some cases at top speed I'm practically doing a barrel roll along the track?
    ...

    To disable the annoying sway while you're riding in high speed. Add these code in the config.txt of your train.
    suspension-pitch-limit 0
    suspension-roll-limit 0


    Quote Originally Posted by pagroove View Post
    Engine Specs:
    ...
    Engine sounds:
    ...
    Train Sway
    ...

    Nice info Pagroove. Maybe I'll use those dependencies for my E7/W7 project.
    By the way I'm making this isn't for JTrainz. Just for myself.


    Quote Originally Posted by Prince271088 View Post
    Rizky your screenshots always look so incredible. Just out of interest, how many GB is your graphics card? Only reason I am asking is so that when I eventually upgrade my PC I can have something that renders and runs in that kind of quality.

    Thanks Prince271088, I'm using GTX750TI here.
    In fact, I always set to medium setting while playing (sometimes use low) and set to ultra setting while taking a screenshoot + extra photoshop.


    Quote Originally Posted by MF01 View Post
    Where is the E7 Series available please ?

    Those E7 Series are still WIP. The progress is just complete 3 of 12 consist.
    I don't know it will be free or pay, just please wait.


    E7 Series, click to view larger image
    "But I do have plans. NAPPING."

  10. #3280

    Default

    Started back working on my West Sanito extension layout. Still just the trackwork and a few buildings or two. I'm hoping to complete the airport section before the year's out.[IMG][/IMG]

  11. #3281
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    706
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Railshuttle View Post
    Started back working on my West Sanito extension layout. Still just the trackwork and a few buildings or two. I'm hoping to complete the airport section before the year's out.[IMG][/IMG]

    Nice Nice to see you back on track. Question: When are you adding the textures? Do you always make the tracks first and then add textures later? My work method is starting with filled grids already. I know this is probably not the right method but I can't stand the grid texture.

  12. #3282
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    706
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rizky_Adiputra View Post
    To disable the annoying sway while you're riding in high speed. Add these code in the config.txt of your train.
    suspension-pitch-limit 0
    suspension-roll-limit 0
    A yes that was it. I haven't fired up TANE this week so I couldn't paste in my config file with Shinkansen adaptions. Also disabling cabin sway will help. Because you can do both.



    Nice info Pagroove. Maybe I'll use those dependencies for my E7/W7 project.
    The E5/E6 Shinkansen sound will be fitting here as it is basically the same generation engine (I Think) I found a carbide vid on Youtube but the engine sound is really not too different than the other modern Shinkansens. The KUID for my engine sound is: <KUID:338927:100081>
    So I you can use it .

    By the way I'm making this isn't for JTrainz. Just for myself.
    Ah. Very nice. I asked because I ordered (commissioned) an E3 set at Trainz almost a year ago and I thought this was a second secret project. Speaking about the E3. Wondering how far it is. Especially the other liveries.

    About your other trains by the way. I can't find the green train and the anime skinned ones on your page. Or didn't you publish them yet?


    Those E7 Series are still WIP. The progress is just complete 3 of 12 consist.
    I don't know it will be free or pay, just please wait.


    E7 Series, click to view larger image
    With consists I assume you mean that only car 1 to 3 are real numbered and that the rest of the cars in this pic are copies of the other ones to make up a 12 car set? Anyway it looks really nice.

    EDITED TO ADD: If you want I can make an Enginespec for your E7/W7 also that limits the max speed to 260 km/h as this is the operational limit on the Hokuriku Shinkansen I can send it you by pm this weekend?
    Last edited by pagroove; December 7th, 2017 at 09:16 AM.

  13. #3283

    Default

    I plan to add the textures and remaining scenery once the route is connected to the main layout and the tracks are connected. I use the grid to keep the tracks straight as well as the roads first, It's kinda hard for me to lay tracks when the grid is full. I'll have to go into wire frame mode to make sure the tracks are straight. My biggest problem is the arrangement of the houses and buildings. I tend to mix and match alot. I've always wanted to make a japan style cityscape like the pics posted by kurotrick but I guess Im not using the right buildings or placing them wrong. Is there some method of creating Japan style city scapes?

  14. #3284
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Japan, OSAKA
    Posts
    141
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    TOBU 50070




  15. #3285

    Default

    Cool!! Nice to hear form you again Hirochi!! Hoping to get your new trainsets on my layout soon.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •