Japan

Summer of three years ago (page 203 of the thread). I'd won't call it a 200 Series, as i plenty mentioned earlier, it's just a quick "placeholder" reskin of Keimei's 0 Series, wich is completely different from an actual 200 Series.
As such, i've decided not to include it on my website, and i'm considering deleting it.

maybe yea its ok to not put but maybe put this as forum limited?
like how people must go to here and download the 200 instead? people might want to complete the whole history and fleet of the tohoku shinkansen?

@AlexMaria.

Go ahead because it is better to prevent that new errors arise in the future. I love the content you make and the last thing I want that you lose the fun in making those trains because of constant errors that arise that you have to give support on afterwards via the forum :).

True.

Anyway, i've just completed removing the download links for most (but probably not all) my not-on-website content, starting from the 200 Series placeholder and going back.

As of now the following content will no longer be avaible:

- 200 Series placeholder
- 0 Series "smooth texture" reskin
- 415 Series (newer, better version avaible on my website for both JNR, JR East and JR Kyushu)
- 115 Series Minobu Line livery (newer, better version avaible on my website)
- Yamanote Line 101 and 103 Serieses (newer version planned)
- Joban Line 103 Series pack (newer version planned)
- KuMoYuNi 143 Minobu Line livery (newer version planned)
- Reskins of Rizky_Adiputra's E231-500 and 205 Serieses (newer versions already avaible on my website)
- Reskins of Rizky_Adiputra's Tokyo Metro 6000 Series (replaced by my own 3D models, avaible on my website)

The download links have been removed from my own posts, but they're still accessible if the post was quoted (as with the case of the 200 Series placeholder, see above).
If you by chance find something made before 2017 not included in the list above and with the download link still working, please refain from downloading it and PM me about it.

Also, to prevent further cases of Kuid duplication, please delete the above content (if you have it installed), and download the newer version (if avaible) from my website.

so i checked. and i manage to find them

Right then. Wich already-installed assets do they refer to? That's what i need to know.

like how people must go to here and download the 200 instead? people might want to complete the whole history and fleet of the tohoku shinkansen?

To put it simply, they won't.
As i said, that was a "placeholder". Personally, i'd rather wait for someone (that with all due probability won't be me) to make an actual 200 Series than to use a placeholder that not even resembles the actual thing.
What i'm trying to say is that, it is indeed a loss, because lost content always is; however, losing a placeholder is still relatively unimportant, and we can easily do without.

Last edited:
So I am guessing these tracks at Hirioka are served, but I am not 100% sure
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

@pagroove let me know as I did place Freight cars at the platforms without passengers at Hitomi Chuo
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

You can tell in the background that I did place them

Last edited:
So I am guessing these tracks at Hirioka are served, but I am not 100% sure

@pagroove let me know as I did place Freight cars at the platforms without passengers at Hitomi Chuo

You can tell in the background that I did place them

Hi JDriver nice pics. Yes those tracks at Hirioka are meant mostly for DMU's But I will electrify them in the next version anyway and also decorate them a bit (there are no waiting benches etc).

The tacks are meant for the coastline to Asadaka that is also not fully finished. So for the line to the right when you travel Southbound. My plans are to make stations along that line and decorate that line further and even expand that line further through Asadaka. It was meant as a branchline.

Edited to add:

Yes those extra tracks at Hitomi Chuo are meant for vehicle storage. It can be both passenger and freight on that location.

Last edited:
Continuing on the Hasnhin "streak", here are a few more reskins/upgrades/refurbishment of Keimei's old 5101/5201 Series, wich can now represent no less than seven different serieses in nine different variants:

hanshinfamily.png

From left to right: 7890/7990 Series for Mukogawa Line services, 5101/5201 Series in both regular steel and unpainted stainless steel prototype cars, 5131/5331 Series, 5001 Series, 3801/3901 Series, 8701/8801/8901 Series and the final two, the 8000 Series prototype set 8201 in both the original red-cream and post-refurbishment white and orange liveries.

All of these are avaible as of now on my website (here) or directly from google drive.

A little note: until the 8000 Series of 1984, Hanshin railway used to classify cab cars, motor cars and pantograph cars of a same trainset under different serieses. That's why most of the older rolling stock has two series numbers: for example, on the 5131/5331 Series, the 5131 Series cars are the Driving Motor cars, while the 5331 Series are pantograph trailer cars.

Part 1: "Jet Cars" - Local services

5101/5201 Series

These were introduced in 1959 on local services on the Hanshin Main line to replace most of the pre-war and immediately-post-war rolling stock still in service (most of wich were tramway-like vehicles), wich by then was no longer adequate to the requirements of the railway, wich was seeing an huge increase in ridership due to the development of the areas that the line served.

Based on the concept of the 1958 5001 Series prototype, the 5101/5201 Series was built by Hanshin's Mukogawa Workshops starting in 1959. The bodyshell was based on the well-proven type already used for Hanshin Main Line rapid services, but fetaured several changes, most notably, instead of the "classical" single-leaf commonly found on older stock, the 5101/5201 Series was equipped with three double-leaf doors, of the kind already experimented on the 5001 Series prototype.

By the time production ended, in 1960, a total of 30 cars had been manufactured, formed in 2-car sets (often coupled to form 4-car trains). Performance-wise the 5101/5201 Series was astonishing, with it's neck-breaking accelleration of 4Km/h per second, cementing the "Jet Car" nickname for Hasnhin's local service trains; a nickname that was also born with the 5001 Series prototype and persists to this day.

Out of the 15 2-car sets made, one (units 5201-5202) was built as a test bed for stainless steel technology, wich Hanshin was considering to implement for mass production. Depsite successful testing and regular service (often coupled with a "regular steel" 2-car set), the lone stainless steel prototype set remained a single unit, as Hanshin Railway eventually decided to keep using regular steel cars, as it lacked the expertise needed to build stainless steel cars.

As times progressed, the 5101/5201 Series cars became increasingly tired, as a result of the extremely intensive nature of Hanshin Main Line local services. As such, Hanshin Railway decided for an early retirement.
The first set to be removed from service, due to it's "single-unit status" was the stainless steel prototype, wich was scrapped in 1977. Replaced by the (second-generation) 5001 Series, the remaining "regular" 5101/5201 Series sets were retired one after another, with the last 5101 Series sets running in 1980 and the last 5201 Series sets following suit a year later in 1981.

After their retirements, a few bodyshells of the 5101/5201 Series were sold to the Takamatsu-Kotohira Electric Railway in Shikoku and to the Keifuku Railway Fukui branch (wich would become the Echizen Railway in the early 2000s). Both companies used them to "manufacture" semi-new trains for 1067mm gauge tracks using components such as bogeys and pantographs from other withdrawn trains (such as ex-Toyohasi Railway 1900 Series, themselves ex-Meitetsu 5000 Series trains, in the case of Echizen Railway).

As of now, no 5101/5201 Series set is in operation on Hansin Railway nor their conversion running on third sector railways, wich were retired from the Takamatsu-Kotohira Electric Railway and the Echizen Railway in 2006 and 2014 respectively.

5001 Series (the second-generation one, not the 1958 prototype)

These were introduced in 1977 to replace the last non-standard local service trains on the Hanshin Main Line and the Hasnhin Nishi-Osaka Line (present-day Namba Line) and the increasingly tired 5101/5201 Series on wich they were based.
Still manufactured by the Mukogawa Workshops, a total of 32 cars (sixteen 2-car sets) were manufactured between 1977 and 1981. Later, in 1987, all 5001 Series trains were reformed into 4-car sets, with the now surplus intermediate driving cars converted to straight motor trailer cars.

With the opening of the Hanshin Namba Line in 2009, the 5001 Series trains in service on that line were all moved to the Hanshin Main Line, and at the same time underwent a refurbishment program wich included the renewal of seating and the repairation of damaged components.

As of today, the 5001 Series is still in service and with the retirement of the 5131/5331 Series in 2019, as of now it's the last representative of Hanshin's "classic Jet cars". Surprisingly, all 32 cars are still in service, formed as eight 4-car sets.
Hanshin is planning to replace the 5001 Series with the newer 5700 Series, with the final goal of retiring the 5001 Series in 2023, when the oldest cars will be 46 years old.

5131/5331 Series

Introduced in 1981 to replace the 5231 Series, the 5131/5331 Series was Hanshin Railway's first "Jet Car" using the Armature Chopper control in place of the old resistor-control system. Hanshin was already familiar with the Chopper control (owning to the success of the 7001/7101 Series of 1970, Japan's first chopper-controlled train in regular service), but had not yet implemented the novel control system in a widespread manner.
Again, manufactured by the Mukogawa Workshops, a total of 24 cars (formed in twelve 2-car sets) were manufactured between 1981 and 1983. The 5131 Series trains used a Toshiba-made chopper, while the 5331 Series used a Mitsubishi Electric-made one, but nonetheless, their performance was practically matching.

As with their resistor-controlled siblings, the 5001 Series, the 5131/5331 Series were reformed in six 4-car sets in 1987. Due to damages caused by the 1995 Great Hanshin Earthquake, wich struck Kobe and the neighbouring areas and extensively damaged Hanshin Railway's infrastructure, a total of four cars of the 5131/5331 Series had to be withdrawn and scrapped. The remaining cars were repaired and reformed into five 4-car sets.

Due to reliability issues with the chopper control (wich requires constant and thorough maintainance and finetuning), Hanshin Railway started considering to retire the 5131/5331 Series in the early 2000s. Replaced by the 5550 Series first, and later, by the 5700 Series, the 5131/5331 Series fleet gradually thinned, with the last set remaining making it's final run on the 22 of May 2019, leaving the 5001 Series as the sole remaining "classic Jet Car" in operation on Hanshin Railway.

Last edited:
Part 2: "Aka-do-sha" ("Red Cars") - Rapid and Express services
3801/3901 Series

Three 4-car sets manufactured by the Mukogawa Workshops between 1974 and 1977. Originally intended to run on an extension that would have connected the Hanshin Nishi-Osaka Line to Kintetsu's Namba Line (a scheme largely identical to today's Hanshin Namba Line), due to various setbacks with the project, they were reassigned to the Hanshin Main Line, where they would have replaced the last remaining single-leaf-doors, non-air-conditioned trains running express services.
After two cars were scrapped due to damages sustained in different accidents, in 1986 the whole 3801/3901 Series fleet was reformed into a single 6-car set, classified 8701/8801/8901 Series for Hanshin Main Line rapid services and a 2-car set (7890/7990 Series) for Mukogawa Line services.

8701/8801/8901 Series

A single 6-car set formed in 1986 from former 3801/3901 Series cars, it was in service on Hanshin Main Line express duties between 1986 and it's replacement in 2008 at the hands of the newly-introduced 1000 Series.

8000 Series prototype set 8201

By the mid-1980s, Hanshin Railway had several tens of different, but largely similar-looking, serieses of trains in service on both local and express duties. As such, Hanshin Railway set forth to finally build a standardized train, wich initially was intended for express service, with a local services derivative (wich would become the 5500 Series) to be built at a later date. The design of the new trains, classified as the "8000 Series" was finalized in 1983, and in 1984 the first prototype 6-car set n°8201 entered service.

As with most of Hanshin stock at the time, the 8000 Series was manufactured by the railway's Mukogawa Workshop. The 8000 prototype set looked very similar to contemporary Hanshin stock, with the two separated top-mounted headlights.
Taking the vastly positivie past experiences with the 5131/5331 Series and especially the 7001/7101 Series, the new 8000 Series trains were equipped with an energy-saving, smooth-accellerating armature chopper control, a far cry from older resistor-control trains.

Follwing the successful testing of the prototype set, full-production of the 8000 Series eventually began in 1985. For full-production trains, however, the design was changed to a more modern-looking front with large windows and twin top-mounted headlights, a style that has been a staple of Hanshin Railway ever since.
When production of the 8000 Series stopped in 1996, Hanshin railway had a fleet of twenty-one 6-car sets (126 cars plus three cars built as replacement for those damaged in the 1995 Hanshin Eartquake) at it's disposal.

In 2009, with the refurbishment of the full-production 8000 Series sets, the prototype set was refurbished as well, repainted in the white and orange livery derived from the more recent 9300 Series.
As of today the 8000 Series is still a mainstay of rapid and express services on the Hanshin Main Line, with prototype set 8201 still running in regular service along it's "full-production" siblings.

Mukogawa Line
7890/7990 Series

A single 2-car set formed in 1986 from surplus 3801/3901 Series cars. It was intended for the short Mukogawa Line, where it replaced an old 3301 Series set. In 2020 it was itself replaced by refurbished and shortened 9000 Series trains now surplus for Hanshin Main Line requirements.

While car 7990 was scrapped in 2020, it's twin, car 7890 was handed over by Hanshin to the Urban Renewal agency (formerly the Urban Developemnt Bureau), an agency of the Japanese government responsible for overseeing national urban planning and, among other things, managing the country's extensive "Danchi" (pubblicly-owned housing) apartments. Car 7890 will be in-fact used as a communal space in a Danchi complex in Mukogawa, not too far from the actual Mukogawa Line tracks where the train used to run.

---

phew.

Right, so now the 7001/7101 Series on the Hanshin page of my website will be a little less lonely...

Next up will be the 1000 Series, my final Hanshin train, i promise

(altough i'm feeling a sudden urge to go and make the 5500, 5550, 9000 and full-production 8000 Serieses as well!
)

(maybe even a proper all-variant comprehensive pack of the "Old-style" cars: single-leaf doors, no air conditioning...)

(Oh no!)

Last edited:
ok i am curious in will this even work.

so remember how hirochi had made the 300, E2?, 800 and some other few shinkansens are all made out from a bases of the 700 series right? and the head as well its basically covered over the 700 head.

so...why not try and do the same for the 0 series? i dunno would this work consider of the bottom plough part is probs stuck or since the 200 series' nose is a bit stretched while still remaining 0 series' distinctive aircraft/round nose. so why not try and stretch the nose out a bit or make a completely make a new nose and cover the original nose of the 0 series to become a closer look of the 200 series?

ok i am curious in will this even work.

so remember how hirochi had made the 300, E2?, 800 and some other few shinkansens are all made out from a bases of the 700 series right? and the head as well its basically covered over the 700 head.

so...why not try and do the same for the 0 series? i dunno would this work consider of the bottom plough part is probs stuck or since the 200 series' nose is a bit stretched while still remaining 0 series' distinctive aircraft/round nose. so why not try and stretch the nose out a bit or make a completely make a new nose and cover the original nose of the 0 series to become a closer look of the 200 series?

It would hardly work, because the nose cone isn't the only thing that changes from an early-type 0 Series to a 200 Series: there's the undercarriage skirt, the windows are of the small type, carriage ends have aereoynamic deflectors, the bodyshell sides are flatter, the snowplouugh is completely different, the carriage roofs do not have air intakes and so on.

Furthemore, the 200 Series has several design variations besides the 100 Series-lookalike F formations:

Earlier sets have a flat 4-section front window, derived from the 0 Series...

800px-200_K31_Nasuno_239_Omiya_20020629.jpg

While later sets have more modern round windows.

f1a44_1438_e187b8cffe1b6d4ee766f5403b6a5ea4.jpg

Hi all,

It has been a while ago since I've shared any new content, but today, I'm going to share a new route!
It's about my Keihin-Tohoku Line project. It's available here on my website!

Some people couldn't wait, so i decided to release a BETA version. Please also notice that this route is still a HUGE work in progress!
So untill now, there are 4 stations incuded: Saitama-Shintoshin, Yono, Kita-Urawa and Urawa. Urawa still has the most things to change.

50838642291_9a2fc4194a_b.jpg
[/URL]2020-11-06 201127 by Sanyo J, on Flickr[/IMG]
50838725242_80e0bf56a7_b.jpg
[/URL]2020-11-22 133558 by Sanyo J, on Flickr[/IMG]

Please download all dependencies and also read the Readme.txt!
You will also need the payware Chiyoda Branch Line winch is available on Steam.
Also, if there are any other missing dependencies you could't find on my website or the Readme file, send me a message, reply to this one or send a mail.

Hi all,

It has been a while ago since I've shared any new content, but today, I'm going to share a new route!

Some people couldn't wait, so i decided to release a BETA version. Please also notice that this route is still a HUGE work in progress!
So untill now, there are 4 stations incuded: Saitama-Shintoshin, Yono, Kita-Urawa and Urawa. Urawa still has the most things to change.

URL], on Flickr

URL], on Flickr

Also, if there are any other missing dependencies you could't find on my website or the Readme file, send me a message, reply to this one or send a mail.

Wow didn't see that coming. didn't know you where working on that line. Nice! Will try next week when I have some time. This weekend I have some other work. But looks really nice. In 2018 I drove that line myself with my brother to Omya. (Saitama Rail Museum).

Hi all,

URL], on Flickr

URL], on Flickr

Stunning work there Jeffrey! Is this Route Compatible with Trainz 12?

Hi all,

50838642291_9a2fc4194a_b.jpg
[/URL]2020-11-06 201127 by Sanyo J, on Flickr[/IMG]
50838725242_80e0bf56a7_b.jpg
[/URL]2020-11-22 133558 by Sanyo J, on Flickr[/IMG]

Cool! I just need the dependencies for my routes thanks!

Hi TreinspotterJeffrey,

Good looking WIP.
I am missing the following train assets:
<kuid:501228:202331000>
<kuid:501228:102331000>
<kuid:501228:302331000>
<kuid:501228:100059>
And here I thought I had all Rizky's trains???

Hi all,

Glad to hear you all like it.

@ricardolucasandoval I don't know if it's compitable with Trainz 12. I made this route in T:ANE SP4.

@butler57 It seems you are missing the Keihin-Tohoku Line E233 Series. It's available on Rizky's website. I can't find any asset called <kuid:501228:100059>.

It would hardly work, because the nose cone isn't the only thing that changes from an early-type 0 Series to a 200 Series: there's the undercarriage skirt, the windows are of the small type, carriage ends have aereoynamic deflectors, the bodyshell sides are flatter, the snowplouugh is completely different, the carriage roofs do not have air intakes and so on.

Furthemore, the 200 Series has several design variations besides the 100 Series-lookalike F formations:

Earlier sets have a flat 4-section front window, derived from the 0 Series...

While later sets have more modern round windows.

Ah i see, well thats a bumber

Back