Japan

Here are a few shots from my Arasaki line route. Featuring the Toei 6000 and the Eidan 5000
(the first few shots are on the nambu branch line.)

Eidan 5000

Eidan-5000.jpg

https://www.trainzportal.com/mytrainz/view_media_post?media_post_id=265768

Toei X Eidan

Toei-X-Eidan.jpg

https://www.trainzportal.com/mytrainz/view_media_post?media_post_id=265762

Down to Up the Eidan-5000

Down-to-Up-the-Eidan-5000.jpg

https://www.trainzportal.com/mytrainz/view_media_post?media_post_id=265770

Toei 6000 Nishi-Arasaki

Toei-6000-Nishi-Arasaki.jpg

https://www.trainzportal.com/mytrainz/view_media_post?media_post_id=265769

Last edited:
Here are a few shots from my Arasaki line route. Featuring the Toei 6000 and the Eidan 5000
(the first few shots are on the nambu branch line.)

Eidan 5000

https://www.trainzportal.com/mytrainz/view_media_post?media_post_id=265768

Toei X Eidan

https://www.trainzportal.com/mytrainz/view_media_post?media_post_id=265762

Down to Up the Eidan-5000

https://www.trainzportal.com/mytrainz/view_media_post?media_post_id=265770

Toei 6000 Nishi-Arasaki

https://www.trainzportal.com/mytrainz/view_media_post?media_post_id=265769

That looks very good. Looking forward to it. Sadly my route is so big to go on that detail level but I'm striving for it. But now still Macro Work.

Trainz Icarus Shinkansen v2.0. Building Snapshot 7 for TANE SP3 and TRS 2019 Platinium Build 105100

Corrected Download link (folder with seperate subfolders for TANE and TRS2019)

https://we.tl/t-gcGPlmxBlX

Building Snapshot 7 What is in the package?

- Building Snapshot 7 concentrates to make the Icarus Main line Line complete. Please read carefully. Line Complete does not mean detail complete or caternary complete. I am now doing all the caternary up from Icaruko Terminal and it is still not finished.
- New in this Snapshot is the North Terminal of the Icarus Main line (IML). When you get there you'il see that there is still a line branching of to the North East. That line is not the ICM anymore and that is called the Icaruko Peninsula Line West (IPLW). The Terminal offers 14 storage tracks and 2 future portal tracks (The portals are not yet there on that end)
- If you drive from the yard toward the city you eventualy meet the original split of Of the Icaruko Main Line with the Icaruko City Line (ICL) and Icaruko Metro Airport Line (IMAL).
- Another focus point for this update is a sigificant upgrade to Icaruco Terminal itself. But as this station is really an enormous project it is still not finished. For example just South of Icaruko Terminal a very large yard is planned for all Mainline material. That will be released in future versions.
- On the Airport End of the Icarus Shikansen also a Shinkansen Yard is planned abeit smaller then the Icaruko Shinkansen City Yards. That will also be realised in future versions.

For now enjoy this version

Tracks at Icaruko Airport up to the IML North Yard:

51347696706_7322746b92_h.jpg
[/URL]TRS19_2021_07_31_17_46_25_021 by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

Zoomed more out:

51348441994_519d3f9458_h.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2021_07_31_17_46_32_707
by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

The IML North Yard full of Trains: I did not add the wires yet. I find that adding the wires with the JMA system by Hirochi sometimes derails trains because sometimes you place a train on the caternary wire instead of the tracks. That is why the wires begin on the outgoing tracks of the yard.
Let me know if I should go full wires or if you are fine with it.

51348723750_e5cc9f44ff_h.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2021_07_31_17_45_51_060

51348725930_a3cf6b2581_h.jpg
[/URL]TRS19_2021_07_31_17_27_01_553 by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

The official start of the IML. The Icarus Main Line branches of via the bridges while the Icarus City Line continues in a more straight trajectory.

51346971912_83800ee0e8_h.jpg
[/URL]TRS19_2021_07_31_17_30_14_024 by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

Same point but lower:

51346972067_9bd9c85e72_h.jpg
[/URL]TRS19_2021_07_31_17_29_07_281 by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
Part 2:

Warning WIP shots:

Very WIP (ICaruko City Lines and Icaruko Metro Airport Lines looking toward Icaruko Terminal)

51348725080_91fcf9b25b_h.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2021_07_31_17_34_56_917

Have to add the Wires:

51348725030_5fe871f72b_h.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2021_07_31_17_35_32_354

Near Icaruko Terminal more finished:

51347928348_7dea35351b_h.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2021_07_31_17_38_11_594

51346971227_c67cc0de96_h.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2021_07_31_17_38_49_789

51348443204_0d1c63119a_h.jpg
[/URL]TRS19_2021_07_31_17_39_47_486 by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

Icaruko Terminal:

From the Left to Right. IML coming out of the undergound station> IML Terminals on Icaruko Terminals> IML Shinkansen Terminals (8 tracks), Icaruko City Line and Icaruko Metro Airport Lines on the right:

51348724575_b69e2b6d5f_h.jpg
[/URL]TRS19_2021_07_31_17_41_55_757 by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

Icarus Main Line Icaruko underground station entry:

51347927483_110fb6dde3_h.jpg
[/URL]TRS19_2021_07_31_17_42_51_706 by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

Icaruko Terminal Overview. Future Yard on the right. This image is tilted with North Side on the Left and South Side on the Right:
ICM Icaruko is the seperate (and underground ) station at the bottom left side.

51347697166_cb2ff45f3d_h.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2021_07_31_17_45_32_693

Bonus: A Meitetsu Train by AG Trains:

51348442064_3ec692b543_h.jpg
[/URL]TRS19_2021_07_31_17_46_04_769 by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
6JrEastSteelBill.jpg

May someone try to make a kiha 110 series as well as a 2 car version as well?
not sure was there a 110 series train before on DLS
Plus the 110 series has a few in service that are joyful trains such as.
Tohuku Emotions and the Pikachu train (and before that, it was the pokemkon train)

you know now i am curious. i have asked this back in march and i wonder did alex forget it.

Trainz Icarus Shinkansen v2.0. Building Snapshot 7 for TANE SP3 and TRS 2019 Platinium Build 105100

Corrected Download link (folder with seperate subfolders for TANE and TRS2019)

https://we.tl/t-gcGPlmxBlX

Building Snapshot 7 What is in the package?

- Building Snapshot 7 concentrates to make the Icarus Main line Line complete. Please read carefully. Line Complete does not mean detail complete or caternary complete. I am now doing all the caternary up from Icaruko Terminal and it is still not finished.
- New in this Snapshot is the North Terminal of the Icarus Main line (IML). When you get there you'il see that there is still a line branching of to the North East. That line is not the ICM anymore and that is called the Icaruko Peninsula Line West (IPLW). The Terminal offers 14 storage tracks and 2 future portal tracks (The portals are not yet there on that end)
- If you drive from the yard toward the city you eventualy meet the original split of Of the Icaruko Main Line with the Icaruko City Line (ICL) and Icaruko Metro Airport Line (IMAL).
- Another focus point for this update is a sigificant upgrade to Icaruco Terminal itself. But as this station is really an enormous project it is still not finished. For example just South of Icaruko Terminal a very large yard is planned for all Mainline material. That will be released in future versions.
- On the Airport End of the Icarus Shikansen also a Shinkansen Yard is planned abeit smaller then the Icaruko Shinkansen City Yards. That will also be realised in future versions.

For now enjoy this version

i guess i will have to delete the old version and then put this version into trainz?

Yep. Same routine as last time. Also with each new version check missing dependencies in Content Manager. Ignore the unknowns and download the ones that are available for download. Once into Trainz chose edit route> delete missing assets and then like last time resave the route under your preferred name like for example : Icarus Shinkansen 2.0 BS7. Rowletmaster version.

I like them all. Very good shots. Nice mood in them.
What is the name of the security system in the rail like you see on the metro 05 shot. It is probably a trackside object that you can attach to the rails. I am searching for those boxes but I don't know their name (ATC boxes or something). Are there anyone on the DLS?

I like them all. Very good shots. Nice mood in them.
What is the name of the security system in the rail like you see on the metro 05 shot. It is probably a trackside object that you can attach to the rails. I am searching for those boxes but I don't know their name (ATC boxes or something). Are there anyone on the DLS?

Here, <kuid:438196:2715> JP ATS 01 trackside.
They're just for show, they dont really work

They're just for show, they dont really work

Thank you that doesn't matter I have invisible signals in the place but I've searched for something like that.

Nice keep them coming and spamming the screenshots thread is what the screenshots thread is all about :p:).

Finally, after several days of work and multiple last-minute corrections, my 211 Series pack is now complete!
(thanks also to duskeyduskey for having tested these!)

211-Series-comprehensive-pack.png

You can provisionally download it from here. it will soon be avaible on my website as well. Note that for the consists that include double-decker cars, you'll have to download said cars separately from my website here.
As noted by duskeyduskey, if you miss <Kuid:668654:102415> download my Kintetsu 3200 Series pack as well.

Now, the 211 Series is often overlooked within the vast panorama of Japanese electric multiple units. It's a middle-way: neither one of the classic and beloved JNR-era designs like the 113 Series, nor part of the more modern and famous Shin-Keiretsu Densha family (such as the E231 and E233 Series).
However, the 211 Series has been a crucial asset for many lines and depots for well over 30 years, and has been particularily influential, in it's own little niche, on the subsequent generations of suburban electric multiple units.

The story of the 211 Series began, like many similar designs, in the mid-1980s, with the looming privatization of the JNR.
At that time, the national railways were seeking for a new design that would have been worthy of replacing the famous 113 and 115 Serieses, JNR's standard suburban trains wich by then had been in production for nearly 20 years, on suburban and regional services thruought the country, starting from the Tokyo Metropolitan Area.

The new suburban train design had two main objectives: achieving considerable electricity (and thus monetary) savings and improving JNR's image, as by then the massively idebted pubblic company was being percieved by the travelling pubblic as old, late, overcrowded and inefficient.

The idea behind the 211 Series was to have a train that would have been conceptually similar to the existing 113 and 115 Serieses (therefore using the same bodyshell size, three doors and cross-seating arrangment) but with a slew of technical improvments, including the usage of a stainless steel bodyshell (wich, depsite the higher upfront cost being a little higher than conventional carbon steel ones, long-term savings could be made thanks to their durability, as they did not need frequent rust-removal maintainance works, was overall lighter and painting could be reduced to a bare minimium of just a side colored line), bolsterless bogeys with pneumatic suspensions, offering a far more comfortable ride than older spring-suspension ones and an improved resistor traction control with additional field weakening notches, coupled with a very responsive regenerative electric braking, granting the considerable energy savings (and thus reduced operating costs) that JNR had yearnt so long for.

Most of these (and many other) improvments were also implemented on the 205 Series commuter train, wich was being designed at the same time as a replacement for the dated 103 Series.
To contain costs, both serieses had been designed at the same time, and shared almost the entirety of their technical components, including the same traction motors, pantographs, bogeys and driving desks. However, the 211 Series had a different transmission gearing compared to the 205 Series, more oriented towards speed than accelleration (110Km/h vs 100Km/h as maximium speed). Another notable fetaure was the modern front design, wich consisted in a single-block-molded fiberglass "mask" fixed to the stainless steel bodyshell.

Avoiding having to design two entierly different serieses for warm and cold climate regions (as were the 113 and 115 Serieses), JNR's designers decided that the 211 Series would've been a basic standard design with eventual subserieses' minute differences to cope with the harsher cold regions' climate.
Four basic subserieses were designed:
- The -0 Subseries was to be the base of the group, being designed for warm regions (south of Tokyo) and fitted with a cross-seating arrangment.
- The -1000 Subseries was intended for cold regions (northwards of Tokyo as far as the 1.5Kv DC catenary went) and was fitted with a cross-seating arrangment.
- The -2000 Subseries was intended for warm regions and was fitted with longitudinal seating (like "proper" commuter trains).
And finally, the -3000 Subseries was intended for cold regions and was fitted with longitudinal seating.

All four subseries were built starting from 1985 and were introduced simultaneously with the timetable change of the 3rd of March 1986 in two areas: Tokyo and Nagoya.
Tokyo obviously got the bulk of the first order, with -0 and -2000 subseries sets (formed in 10+5-car sets) being deployed on Tokaido Line services between Tokyo and Atami and with -1000 and -3000 subserieses (formed in -5 and -3-car sets eventually coupled togheter to form 15-car sets) being deployed on the Takasaki and Utsunomiya Lines between Ueno and Takasaki or Kuroiso.
15-car sets on both lines were fitted with two single-level SaRo 211 type reserved-seating green cars. All of the Tokyo area sets were fitted in an adaptation of the "Shonan" livery of 113 and 115 Series trains: orange and dark green.

Nagoya got a far smaller, but nonetheless more interesting fleet instead: just two four-car sets. Historically, the Nagoya area had been very neglected by JNR, wich, due to more pressing issues with the Tokyo area and cross-country mainlines, always relegated both the Osaka and Nagoya metropolitan areas (the latter far more than the former) commuter trains to the bottom of the "to-do" things list.
At the time, Nagoya's commuter train fleet was essentially formed exclusively of 113 Series trains, wich were unsuitable for urban services, and a small, insufficient, detachment of six-car 103 Series trains, wich had been transferred to Nagoya, almost as an "emergency", mesaure in 1977. Thus, JNR's role in the Nagoya area remained a far secondary one, with the bulk of passengers being shared between Meitetsu railway and the private automobile, a situation that partially persists to this day.
Thus, in an attempt to improve it's image and to have additional income on neglected lines, JNR introduced a dedicated rapid suburban service in the Nagoya area, dubbed "City Liner", a name that JNR had been using for some time on similar services in Hiroshima and in the Kyushu area. However, this was the first time that "City Liner" services got dedicated brand-new stock, in the form of the two afromentioned 211 Series 4-car sets (with more that would've eventually followed), wich were fitted in a dedicated blue livery with a white line.

By 1987, the 211 Series fleet was formed of 258 cars: eight in Nagoya and 250 in the Tokyo area (85x -0 and -2000 subseries sets and 165 cars for the Takasaki and Utsunomiya Lines). The 211 Series had been a complete success, with both image-improving, and most importantly, cost saving objectives being fully met - the 211 Series was one of the trains that JNR needed in order to have a fighting chance against the impending privatization, with the final, and most sought after objective, being to completely avoid it.

However, the fate of JNR had been sealed even before the national railway's designers drew the first line on the 211 Series' blueprints. JNR's issues were too deep and radicated to be resolved just by the introduction of new designs, and while the 211 Series (and related similar designs, such as the 205 Series) were a good answer, they were only to part of JNR's vast array of issues.
Privatization ultimately came on the 1st of April 1987, with JNR being split into six regional companies and a nationwide freight carrier. With the splitting of JNR, the 211 Series' fleet was split as well, with the Tokaido, Takasaki and Utsunomiya lines' fleet being inherited by JR East, while the two Nagoya sets were inherited by JR Central.

However, both companies immediately recognized the 211 Series as a well-designed train, being relatively inexpensive while superbly reliable and perfectly adequate to both companies' needs.
Therefore, both JR East and JR Central decided to continue ordering 211 Series sets as an interim mesaure, until their own new suburban train designs would become reality.
JR East was the first to have it's own order of 211 Series trains: by 1989 a total of 325 additional cars of all four subserises had been built by Kawasaki Heavy Industries.

JR East's newly-built 211 Series sets were deployed on both the Tokaido and Takasaki and Utsunomiya Lines, being used interchangeably with JNR-built sets. One notable difference however is that starting from 1988, JR East's new 211 Sets were built with a double-decker SaRo 211 and 212 double-decker green car, replacing one of the single-level SaRo 211 green cars in each consist. The new double-decker green cars were essentially identical (and also compatible) with the SaRo 124 and 125 type green cars introduced at the same time for 113 Series trains, both on the Tokaido and Sobu lines.

Last edited:
Back