Japan

I would like to use another way to point out that the website kurohauptbahnhof.weebly.com is not working and it would be a pity for this great work. Especially the routes. Tokyo in the 70s also fascinates me.

I would like to use another way to point out that the website kurohauptbahnhof.weebly.com is not working and it would be a pity for this great work. Especially the routes. Tokyo in the 70s also fascinates me.

Yes, i confirm that most of the download links are not working.

Heres today's shot on my Nagano Dentetsu work. :D

Asahi-Eki

surrounding areas

3500 series

=====================================================================================================================
I am really sorry for my website link problem! :'( the links are totally broken. I rarely online on this forum but if you need something please let me know on twitter: @KuroKurotatsu

I also have sent some emails to DLC helpdesk, i felt that maybe it is time to contribute to Japanese Trainzer community by introducing my work properly. I am going to submit my Hanwa-Line.
But for now, i would like to discuss more with the people which in charge of DLC.

Again i am very sorry for the issues that you've experienced on my website
:'(

Last edited:
Heres today's shot on my Nagano Dentetsu work. :D

Asahi-Eki
surrounding areas
3500 series

=====================================================================================================================
I am really sorry for my website link problem! :'( the links are totally broken. I rarely online on this forum but if you need something please let me know on twitter: @KuroKurotatsu

I also have sent some emails to DLC helpdesk, i felt that maybe it is time to contribute to Japanese Trainzer community by introducing my work properly. I am going to submit my Hanwa-Line.
But for now, i would like to discuss more with the people which in charge of DLC.

Again i am very sorry for the issues that you've experienced on my website
:'(

All stunning work.

Regarding the routes on your site (Tokyo 1970, ikebukuro line etc). Are you gonna release them on your site or through N3V?

Question 2: can you upload your objects and tracks to the download station. Then I can use them in my route. My Japanese route Icarus Shinkansen (fantasy) uses only DLS content. I want someone who is unfamiliar with Trainz that they can download the route right away and that they don't have to search for content on external sites. Because I like the tracks and caternary that you have made.

Question 3: Did anyone take over the Tokkaido Shinkansen project from Rizky? (if you know)

:) E7 and Industrial Landscape. A quick pic of the Icarus Shinkansen V2.0. wip

49549375063_6411215a44_h.jpg
[/URL]

TANE_2020_02_17_23_06_01_911
by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

EF200 consist on the Freight Bypass

49550100932_3aead58455_h.jpg
[/URL]

TANE_2020_02_17_23_10_09_844

View out of the EF200 window

49549874391_c8bee87ec0_h.jpg
[/URL]

TANE_2020_02_17_23_09_52_699

EF200 on bypass and Shinkansen tracks

49549372738_f0831189fd_h.jpg
[/URL]TANE_2020_02_17_23_11_29_520 by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
Great pics pagroove. The second pic kinda scares me a bit. no signals at such a big crossover like that is bound to have a few accidents LOL!!

Great pics pagroove. The second pic kinda scares me a bit. no signals at such a big crossover like that is bound to have a few accidents LOL!!

It is signalled though :p. Both with normal signals and invisible signals. But you're right. Although the AI isn't supposed to cross over I maybe have to read up on the signalling if I want the AI to use it.

In normal operations the lines stay separate. It was meant for the player to switch to the mainline.

EDITED TO ADD: probably gonna redesign that part as trains can also switch tracks at the next station. It looked so good :':)eek::p:hehe: So thanks for pointing out this safety issue :D.

Last edited:
As requested by Pagroove a while back, here's the completed Seibu 9000 Series pack!

seibu9000.png

From left to right: original, refurbished with air intakes and "renewal" headmark, "KPP-Train" and "Red Lucky Train" special livieries.

The 9000 Series was introduced in 1993 to displace the last three-door trains (101, 301 and 3000 Series) from services on the increasingly overcrowded Ikebukuro Line. Seibu Railway's own Tokorozawa Work built eight 10-car sets betwen 1993 and 1999.

The trains themselves were a real patchwork, as they were reusing bogeys, pantographs and traction equipment from scrapped 101 Series trains (1969), a bodyshell design identical to the later-batch ("New") 2000 Series (1988) and interiors identical to those used by the 6000 Series (1992). They were also the last Seibu trains to be painted in the company's iconic yellow colours.

Starting from 2004, the obsolete resistor control and DC traction motors inherited from the 101 Series trains was replaced by up-to-date IGBT-VVVF inverters and three-phase AC motors, with all 8 sets being converted by 2008.
In the same period, the 9000 Series trains were also refurbished, with air intakes being removed and door pocket windows obscured, altough with variations from set to set, as some kept the air intakes (and some still do as of today).
Initially, refurbished or converted trains were fitted with a blue round "renewal" sticker-headmark to distinguish them from non-refurbished sets, but as eventually all sets were refurbished, the stickers started to be removed (altough some trains still run with them to this day).

In May 2014, Keikyu railway painted one of it's N1000 Series trains (set No.57) in a yellow liviery, dubbed "Keikyu Yellow Happy Train", wich was coincidentally (or maybe not ) very similar (including the gray doors) to the iconic one used on Seibu's trains.
Seibu did of course notice, so in a bit of an "informal" (and later formal) collaboration, in July 2014, Seibu repainted 9000 Series set No.9 in a red and cream liviery identical to the iconic Keikyu railway's one, dubbed "Seibu Red Lucky Train".
As of today 9000 Series set No.3 still carries it's special liviery, as Keikyu N1000 Series set No.57 does too.

Later on, in June 2016, 9000 Series set No.1 was repainted in a special pink liviery with vinyl decorations as a celebration of both the 100th anniversary of Seibu railway band mainly the fifth anniversary of the career debut of J-Pop singer Kyaru Pamyu Pamyu (whose real name is Takemura Kiriko), to wich the train is themed to, with Kyaru herself posing as "honorary conductor" for the train's first run (on the 4th of June).
Set No.1 ran with the special KPP liviery until the 29th of September, when the vinyl decorations were removed, but the pink liviery was left, wich set No.1 carried until it's retirement and scrapping in March 2018.

Also in 2016, set No.8 was repainted in a dark-blue "Seibu Lions" (a professional baseball team owned by Seibu railway itself). Service with the special liviery started in January 2017 and ended in March 2019, when set No.8 was repainted in the standard Yellow.
This is the only 9000 Series liviery not included in the pack, as i couldn't find appropriate textures. I may make it in the future.

9000 Series trains are currently being replaced by 30000 and 40000 Series trains, and as of today, half of the fleet has been scrapped.

Trivia:

The Ikebukuro line was specifically chosen to run a KPP-themed train because it passes trough Nishi-Tokyo, the city (more like a "metropolitan municipality") where Kyaru was born.

The Seibu Lions special liviery carried by set No.8 was a re-edition of a similar themed train (3000 Series No.15) wich ran between 2010 and 2013. When 9000 Series set No.9 was repainted into the standard Seibu yellow, another two trains (20000 Series sets No. 4 and 5) were painted in their own "Seibu Lions" liviery.

Author's notes:

This is probably the last model i'm going to do (or atleast i hope) in Sketchup, as it's becoming harder and harder to make good-quality models (i'd also like to animate stuff such as doors and wipers).
What 3D modelling program should i use? I heard that Blender is quite hard to learn and GMAX/3DSMAX nowdays are obsolete. I was wondering if AutoCAD was a possibility.
But until i properly learn how to use any new program, don't worry, there won't be a significant gap in content creation, as i have an endless list of reskins to do!

DOWNLOAD:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1G9SJ8dGm26llMwqc1IvNatERFub8UrEu

Download this too if you have missing dependencies not on the DLS:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gR8MzglX9h3QBGxJ9WEQpwMDAMvlS3o7

All the dependencies are either included in two downloads above or are avaible on the DLS.

Last edited:
Nice train sets - one missing kuid (although it does not seem to be required) [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]<kuid:668654:100241> [/FONT]

As requested by Pagroove a while back, here's the completed Seibu 9000 Series pack!

From left to right: original, refurbished with air intakes and "renewal" headmark, "KPP-Train" and "Red Lucky Train" special livieries.

The 9000 Series was introduced in 1993 to displace the last three-door trains (101, 301 and 3000 Series) from services on the increasingly overcrowded Ikebukuro Line. Seibu Railway's own Tokorozawa Work built eight 10-car sets betwen 1993 and 1999.

The trains themselves were a real patchwork, as they were reusing bogeys, pantographs and traction equipment from scrapped 101 Series trains (1969), a bodyshell design identical to the later-batch ("New") 2000 Series (1988) and interiors identical to those used by the 6000 Series (1992). They were also the last Seibu trains to be painted in the company's iconic yellow colours.

Starting from 2004, the obsolete resistor control and DC traction motors inherited from the 101 Series trains was replaced by up-to-date IGBT-VVVF inverters and three-phase AC motors, with all 8 sets being converted by 2008.
In the same period, the 9000 Series trains were also refurbished, with air intakes being removed and door pocket windows obscured, altough with variations from set to set, as some kept the air intakes (and some still do as of today).
Initially, refurbished or converted trains were fitted with a blue round "renewal" sticker-headmark to distinguish them from non-refurbished sets, but as eventually all sets were refurbished, the stickers started to be removed (altough some trains still run with them to this day).

In May 2014, Keikyu railway painted one of it's N1000 Series trains (set No.57) in a yellow liviery, dubbed "Keikyu Yellow Happy Train", wich was coincidentally (or maybe not ) very similar (including the gray doors) to the iconic one used on Seibu's trains.
Seibu did of course notice, so in a bit of an "informal" (and later formal) collaboration, in July 2014, Seibu repainted 9000 Series set No.9 in a red and cream liviery identical to the iconic Keikyu railway's one, dubbed "Seibu Red Lucky Train".
As of today 9000 Series set No.3 still carries it's special liviery, as Keikyu N1000 Series set No.57 does too.

Later on, in June 2016, 9000 Series set No.1 was repainted in a special pink liviery with vinyl decorations as a celebration of both the 100th anniversary of Seibu railway band mainly the fifth anniversary of the career debut of J-Pop singer Kyaru Pamyu Pamyu (whose real name is Takemura Kiriko), to wich the train is themed to, with Kyaru herself posing as "honorary conductor" for the train's first run (on the 4th of June).
Set No.1 ran with the special KPP liviery until the 29th of September, when the vinyl decorations were removed, but the pink liviery was left, wich set No.1 carried until it's retirement and scrapping in March 2018.

Also in 2016, set No.8 was repainted in a dark-blue "Seibu Lions" (a professional baseball team owned by Seibu railway itself). Service with the special liviery started in January 2017 and ended in March 2019, when set No.8 was repainted in the standard Yellow.
This is the only 9000 Series liviery not included in the pack, as i couldn't find appropriate textures. I may make it in the future.

9000 Series trains are currently being replaced by 30000 and 40000 Series trains, and as of today, half of the fleet has been scrapped.

Trivia:

The Ikebukuro line was specifically chosen to run a KPP-themed train because it passes trough Nishi-Tokyo, the city (more like a "metropolitan municipality") where Kyaru was born.

The Seibu Lions special liviery carried by set No.8 was a re-edition of a similar themed train (3000 Series No.15) wich ran between 2010 and 2013. When 9000 Series set No.9 was repainted into the standard Seibu yellow, another two trains (20000 Series sets No. 4 and 5) were painted in their own "Seibu Lions" liviery.

Author's notes:

This is probably the last model i'm going to do (or atleast i hope) in Sketchup, as it's becoming harder and harder to make good-quality models (i'd also like to animate stuff such as doors and wipers).
What 3D modelling program should i use? I heard that Blender is quite hard to learn and GMAX/3DSMAX nowdays are obsolete. I was wondering if AutoCAD was a possibility.
But until i properly learn how to use any new program, don't worry, there won't be a significant gap in content creation, as i have an endless list of reskins to do!

DOWNLOAD:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1G9SJ8dGm26llMwqc1IvNatERFub8UrEu

Download this too if you have missing dependencies not on the DLS:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gR8MzglX9h3QBGxJ9WEQpwMDAMvlS3o7

All the dependencies are either included in two downloads above or are avaible on the DLS.

WOW!!! Superb. Thank you AlexMaria. :D.

Especially for the KPP train:

Last edited:
Mmmm actually the trains are missing the following kuids. I managed to get them running by removing the dependencies from the kuid table:

kuid<668654:100226>
kuid<668654:100153>
kuid<668654:100388>
kuid<668654:100479>

Strange, i have neither of those four kuids.

That's extra strange. because that where the ones referenced in the Kuid Table. I got now all cars shown up but the Yellow consists are not working also due to a missing kuid. I will look up which one because I am not on that computer at the moment.

But really thanks again man for the Kyary train. It is really fun to drive. Also love the departing bell that you have made.

Last edited:
Here's my lastest model: the JNR 301 Series.

HZQEeR.png

The 301 Series entered service in 1966 as JNR's first train designed for subway inter-running services, specifically from the Chuo-Sobu Line to the TRTA Tozai Line.

The TRTA Tozai Line (Line No.5) was designed to relive the congested Chuo Line, especially in it's central (downtown Tokyo) section, and as such, it was designed for inter-running services from the start: it's first section (isolated from the rest of the subway network) opened in 1964, between Takadanobaba to Kudan****a, and in 1966 it was extended in both ways, from Kudan****a to Takebashi and from Takadanobaba to Nakano, wich was an above-ground station managed by JNR. At that time, inter-running services began, using both the TRTA 5000 Series and the brand-new JNR 301 Series.

Altough based on the standards (dimensions, door placement...) above-ground 103 Series (JNR's standard commuter train introduced just three years before), the 301 Series was a brand new train in many ways: it was JNR's first train using alluminium bodies (designed jointly with the TRTA 5000 Series) and the first commuter train with pneumatic suspensions.
To further increase the passenger comfort, the resistor control cooling system was changed from a forced type (using noisy ventilators) to a natural one (the resistors are cooled by the wind when the train moves).

In practice, none of these turned out to be a good idea (at the time) as the pneumatic suspensions required far more maintainance than normal spring ones; the alluminium body was expensive and as most railways still preferred standard or stainless steel, manufacturers willing (or even just capable) to make alluminum bodyshells were few (among these, Kinki Sharyo and Kawasaki Heavy Industries), wich made aluminium bodies even more expensive; and finally, the "naturally-cooled" resistors proved to be the worst idea of all, it quite literally backfired: in the subway tunnels, with low speed and small spaces, the resistors had extremely severe overeathing problems, and often burnt the flooring above them (if they did not caught fire altogheter).

These problems combined were the reason why JNR stopped the production of 301 Series trains in 1969, after only 56 vehicles (eight 7-car sets) were made, and later transitioned to a far less comfortable, far less innovative, but far more reliable variant of the 103 Series: the 103-1200 Series, introduced in 1971.

Originally delivered with unpainted aluminum bodies, except for a thin yellow line above between the windows and the water drain, to increase the train's visibility, another yellow line below the windows was added almost immediately, togheter with a thick yellow band on the front. As the alluminium bodyshells eventually began to corrode, in 1978 they were painted over with a light grey paint.

In 1981, as overcrowding became a problem, all trains on the Tozai Line were reformed and lenghtened into 10-car sets, with the eight 7-car 301 Series sets being reformed in five 10-car sets plus a 5-car set wich ran coupled with another 5-car set of the 103-1200 Series.

Of the new five 10-car sets, two (K1 and K2) were formed of 5+5 car sets and the remaining three (K3, K4 and K5) were formed in 10-car sets, with car No.6 in each three being a former KuHa car converted into a trailer (with the removal of control equipment and the sealing of the cabs).

In 1987, with the privatization of JNR, the whole 301 Series fleet was inherited by JR East, wich applied it's large white "JR" logos on the side of the KuHa cars, replacing the two-per-side small "JNR" logos in the top yellow line.

Two years later, in 1989, the color of the lines of the 301 Series (togheter with the 103-1200s) were changed from the Chuo-Sobu line's yellow to the TRTA Tozai Line proper light blue.
This mesaure was applied to avoid passengers mistaking the brand-new and above-ground-only 205 Series trains for an inter-running train, as they both shared a similar liviery.
At the same time, the 301 Series trains were fitted with AU712 air-conditioning units. Their last modification was in 1998, when their service number indicator was changed from a roller-blind type to a dot-matrix one (a modification applied also to most remaining 103 Series trains operating in the Tokyo Area, such as the Joban Line ones).

By the late '1990s, the 301 and 103-1200 Series trains were largely outdated and obsolete, but the lack of an adequate replacement meant they had to continue their service.
Their replacement was finally brought forward in 2003: the E231-800 Series, based on JR East's successful and then-brand-new E231 Series design (altough with the bodyshells of the 1998 209-1000 Series for the Chiyoda Line inter-running services).
Seven 10-car E231-800 Series sets were manufactured in just six month (as fast as Tokyu Car Co. possibly could), with all seven entering service on the 1st of May 2003, replacing equally the 103-1200 and 301 Series sets.

By spring 2003, only four 301 Series sets were still operational but as they were used as spare trains, they run rarely.

The first series to be fully retired were the 103-1200s in July; the 301 Series followed suit in August, with the final run on the 3rd of August by set K4 running the 9567M service.

KuMoHa 300-4 was initially preserved by JR East at it's Omiya works, but was scrapped in 2014.

Trivia:

JR East briefly considered using surplus 301 Series sets as rapid trains on the Chuo Line, but this idea never materialized.
Interestingly enough, in 2018, the two 209-1000 Series sets were transferred from the Chiyoda Line to the Chuo Line, for an exactly identical purpose, and they still run in such services as of today.

In summertime the AU712 air conditioners often malfunctioned due to the heat, so in 2003 JR East experimented painting the roof of set K3 with the special heat-resisting white paint developed by NASA for use on the space shuttle, but as it was (of course) ludicrously expensive, the idea of painting the roofs of the rest of the fleet was soon abandoned.

Bonus picture from 2427Junction (http://www.2427junction.com/tozaisyaryotop.html)

1035tozaisyaryo.jpg

Burnt floor of a MoHa car of a 103-1200 Series train, right above the traction resistors.
301 Series trains suffered this very same problem, wich happened more often (and had worse results) than on 103-1200s as the 301s relied on natural ventilation, rather than forced cooling.
This problem was the key reason why many subways ditched the resistor control in favor of the current chopper control earlier than above-ground railways.

DOWNLOAD
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dECa1eW1jXdL6Xd8SUU60WefcYA-5Try

The .CDP contains the rolling stock and 11 ready-to-run consists. All the necessary dependencies are either included in the package or are avaible on the DLS.

the consists avaible are:

(1966-1978) - JNR unpainted alluminium - 7-car set
(1966-1978) - JNR unpainted alluminium with yellow lines - 7-car set
(1978-1981) - JNR light grey with yellow lines - 7-car set
(1981-1987) - JNR light grey with yellow lines - 10-car sets K1-K2
(1981-1987) - JNR light grey with yellow lines - 10-car sets K3-K4-K5
(1987-1989) - JR East with yellow lines - 10-car sets K1-K2
(1981-1989) - JR East with yellow lines - 10-car sets K3-K4-K5
(1989-1998) - JR East with blue lines and roller-blind service number indicator - 10-car sets K1-K2
(1989-1998) - JR East with blue lines and roller-blind service number indicator - 10-car sets K3-K4-K5
(1998-2003) - JR East with blue lines and dot-matrix service number indicator - 10-car sets K1-K2
(1998-2003) - JR East with blue lines and dot-matrix service number indicator - 10-car sets K3-K4-K5

Last edited:
As usual amazing work Alex and there are some fantastic screenshots in here.

Just out of interest, does Keimei ever visit these forums? I have some locos of his that are erroneous I was hoping to get a fix for. They seem to be attachment point errors apart from one that has a texture missing.

<kuid:438196:53431> JNR C5343 4-6-2 Streamlined
<kuid:438196:55211> JNR C5521 4-6-2 Streamlined
<kuid:438196:53451> JNR C5345 4-6-2 Pacific
<kuid:438196:55200> JNR C5520 4-6-2 Streamlined
<kuid:438196:55401> JNR C5540 4-6-2 Streamlined

I don't know if anyone does have a fixed version of these?

Then I have some others with missing dependencies:

<kuid:438196:12066> JNR C1266 2-6-2T Engine
<kuid:438196:53451> JNR C5345 4-6-2 Pacific
<kuid:438196:11325> JNR C11325 2-6-4T Engine

Back