Japan

managed to tear myself away form the BQ to do some trackwork on the extension layout. This is the Kage line that will merge with the NG line in West Sanito on the south side once the two layouts are connected. The small Kage Hills branch line also runs on this route. I just need to add the last major piece to the extention and that's the airport. Take Care!!
6dd3bf3ac86192efac3fd59cdd1d708a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Does anyone who purchased the E231-1000 series from Jtrainz know if it comes with a green car/bilevel car?
EF510-501 Hokutosei
da061cfd5fec1c585f39cd5c3725d9c4.png

Last edited:
A few questions.
What are the yellow striped bars seen between the tracks for? I've seen them in the real life and had been wondering what do they do.
Has anyone considered making JR style railroad signals for the heavy mainline routes? Ive been getting by using the reverse USA signals and gantries.
Hirochi: Will you be making elevated Tokyo Metro stations and the actual train that goes with it anytime soon?
Take care everyone.

A few questions.
What are the yellow striped bars seen between the tracks for? I've seen them in the real life and had been wondering what do they do.

They are used to prevent people crossing the tracks at stations or in other areas

Has anyone considered making JR style railroad signals for the heavy mainline routes? Ive been getting by using the reverse USA signals and gantries.

On the DLS there are some signals made by Keimei

Hirochi: Will you be making elevated Tokyo Metro stations and the actual train that goes with it anytime soon?
Take care everyone.

Tokyo Metro rolling stock, as of today consists of:

-6000 series (Chiyoda Line) Tokyo Metro (2004-...) by Rizky_Adiputra
-6000 series (Chiyoda Line) Eidan logo (1971-2004), Rizky_Adiputra model reskinned by Me.
-7000 series (Yurakucho Line) Tokyo metro (2004-2012/2013), Rizky_Adiputra model reskinned by Me.
-7000 series (Yurakucho Line) Eidan logo (1974-2004), Rizky_Adiputra model reskinned by Me.
-7000 series (Fukutoshin Line) Tokyo Metro (2013-...), Rizky_Adiputra model reskinned by Me.
-5000 series (Chiyoda Branchline), Jtrainz Payware
-05 series (Chiyoda Branchline), Jtrainz Payware (comes with the Chiyoda Branchline DLC)
-05N series (Tozai Line), Jtrainz Payware
-08 series (Hanzomon Line), Jtrainz Payware

Plus inter-running rolling stock of JR and other private companies

- JR East/JNR 203 series (Odakyu Odawara Line-Chiyoda Line-Joban Line), Jtrainz Freeware
- JR East E233-2000 series (Odakyu Odawara Line-Chiyoda Line-Joban Line), Hirochi
- Odakyu 4000 series (Odakyu Odawara Line-Chiyoda Line-Joban Line), Hirochi
- JR East/JNR 103-1000 series (Odakyu Odawara Line-Chiyoda Line-Joban Line), Keimei
- JR East/JNR 103-1200 series (Chuo-Sobu Line-Tozai Line-Chuo Sobu Line), Keimei
-Tokyu 7000 series (Tobu Isezaki Line, since 2012 Skytree Line-Hibiya Line-Tokyu Toyoko Line)
-Tokyu 8000 series (Tobu Isezaki Line, since 2012 Skytree Line-Hanzomon Line-Tokyu Denentoshi Line)

Jtrainz's models are avaible on it's website and the mediafire link to my reskins is at page 186 in this thread .
All other models are avaible on the DLS.

As of today only Tokyo Metro rolling stock is avaible. Nobody has considered neither the Toei Subway (still Tokyo) or another Japanese subway system (Osaka, Nagoya, Sapporo, Yokohama, Kobe, Kyoto, Fukuoka or Sendai) yet.

Eidt:

Added lik to page 186

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?3916-Japan/page186

Last edited:
Anyone with a nintendo 3ds tried the Japanese Rail Sim 3d - a monorail from Naha-kuko to Shuri Station in 12.9km Okinawa using Yui straddle beam rail cars?, looks like it uses live video for the game.

Tom

Anyone with a nintendo 3ds tried the Japanese Rail Sim 3d - a monorail from Naha-kuko to Shuri Station in 12.9km Okinawa using Yui straddle beam rail cars?, looks like it uses live video for the game.

Tom

Using real-life videos and then speeding or slowing down according to the train speed is a very popular tecnique of simulation in Japanese rail simulators.
It's both cost effective and realistic but one of it's main disadvantages is that it isn't flexible (no weather change or day/night mode), and you need an hi-velocity frame camera to make the video smooth.

Besides the "Japanese Rail Sim 3d" (wich by the way has also other chapters with the Kahshima Rinkai Railway, the Nagaragawa Railway, the Jomo Line, the Ohmi railway, and the Eizan railway) another notable user of this tecnique is the Train Simulator/Railfan series by Ongakukan
(
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Train_Simulator_series ) and the online freeware flash simulator "Real Railway" (​http://www.realrailway.com/en/)

Last edited:
thanks for the extra info, but page coming as error here, maybe does not like Microsoft browser

Last edited:
The track is Kato as it's easier to find in Europe. :) I got The track second hand, only about £7 for all the straights and £14 for all the curves.
The set was remarkably cheap all things considered. Just £79 for the train itself and about £12 shipping (registered SAL). Delivered in about 2 weeks, should be similar for the Netherlands. I had a controller already, but a similar Bachmann one costs around £35.

Nice buy for sure Nathan!
And yeah... Tomix and Kato Sets are about 20 to 40% cheaper than whatever you'd be able to buy in europe of Modeltrains... even with importing them...

The track is Kato as it's easier to find in Europe. :) I got The track second hand, only about £7 for all the straights and £14 for all the curves.
The set was remarkably cheap all things considered. Just £79 for the train itself and about £12 shipping (registered SAL). Delivered in about 2 weeks, should be similar for the Netherlands. I had a controller already, but a similar Bachmann one costs around £35.

Oh, lucky you.
My Kato E231-500 (and a bunch of Unitrack) arrived yesterday after a week and an half of delays between the lazy idiots of the customs office and the morons of our post service (Posteitaliane sucks so bad, is rated one of the worst in the world).

In the end i payed 120€ for the stuff, 40€ for the shipping (EMS) and an additional 42.38€ of "Customs Tax", even if on the website it was stated that Model Train Items (they actually got the specific category fo evrything there) under 250€ pass free of charge.

Last edited:
even if on the website it was stated that Model Train Items (they actually got the specific category fo evrything there) under 250€ pass free of charge.
Damn... I wanna live there... cause for us here it counts as toys and basically everything imported outside of the EU is taxed by like 19%

New reskin today:

The Minobu Line 115 series

115minobusen-a.JPG

They were in service on the Minobu Line between 1981 (replaced old JGR 68 series) and mid 2000s (replaced by JR Central 313 series).

DOWNLOAD
Link removed due to kuid number conflict with newer releases. Newer version avabile on my website in the JR Central page.

Included is also the Kumoyuni 143 series Self-Propelled Mail/Baggage car.

img20050121230046.jpg

DOWNLOAD
Link removed due to kuid number conflict with newer releases.

It's just a very small modification of Keimei's old Kumoyuni 143 with a more uniform paint to match the 115 series.

beforefter.jpg

Example of formation:

kumoyuni143-2.jpg

Last edited:
Back