Japan

I finally managed to download it. I'm just missing two kuids. They seen to be ground textures .
kuid2: 9000:38001:2 and kuid2:82412:49891001:1
From the Keihn Touku line I'm now only missing these two kuids:
kuid:453099:101477 and kuid2:811766:21020:1
The Namba line is pretty small yet highy detailed like the Chiyoda line. I just need to find the right trains for it.
Thanks JAGG for helping me use the Wayback site to download stuff. It's the first time I've ever used it.

Continuing with my "Tokyu Streak", here's an offspring of the 209 Series megapack - Tokyu's 3000 Series!

Tokyu-3000-Series.jpg

Already available on my website!

The 3000 Series was introduced by Tokyu Corporation at the very end of the 1990s in preparation for the commencment of trough-services between both the Toei Mita and TRTA Namboku subway lines and Tokyu's new Meguro Line, wich was the result of a re-organization and split of Tokyu's Mekama Line, wich once ran from Meguro to Kamata.
The busiest portion of the Mekama Line, between Tamagawa and Meguro (where trains would've continued onto the two subway lines) became the Meguro Line, and was further extended westwards to Hiyoshi along the Toyoko Line, while the remainder of the Mekama Line, from Tamagawa to Kamata became the Tamagawa Line, wich was to be operated by 18m 3-car trains in a way similar to the Ikegami Line.

Original plans called for an adaptation of the existing 9000 Series, however, it was soon discovered that they might have been a bit too underpowered to effectively tackle both the Mita and Namboku Lines' steep gradients, and furthemore, various tests proved that 9000 Series trains didn't fare well in ATO operation (as was planned to be used on both lines) either, due unresponsive braking, wich made aligning with platfom screen doors particularily difficult. Since adapting the 9000 Series was considered to be too complex and costly, Tokyu Corporation opted instead for an entirely new design, also taking into account the fact that by then, the 9000 Series design was already 15 years old.

Tokyu Car Co., Tokyu Corporation's in-house rolling stock manufacturer, to wich all orders were made by default, took the chance of the new trough-service trains to considerably review and upgrade it's design praxies, wich for a long time had remained solidly anchored to a few "traditional" principles.
The new trains took advantage of all the newest rolling stock technology had to offer, with the stainless steel bodyshell being based on the revolutionary 209 Series' one (wich among other things, had been and was still being manufactured partly by Tokyu Car itself), albeit with many components carried over from the older trains (such as the doors and windows).
Another major change was the ditching of Tokyu's distinctive "vertical-flat-front" style (something wich had been a staple since the 8000 Series of 1969 and even before) in favour of a pleasant FRP front mask, taking advantage of the fact that ATO equipment needs additional space.

Overall, the new trains resulted in a funny mix between Shin-Keiretsu-Densha type trains and Tokyu's old 9000 Series - a "missing link" of sorts - with a sparkle of fetaures taken from both Toei's Mita Line 6300 Series and TRTA's Namboku Line 9000 Series, in order to ensure the least amount possible of compatibility-related issues.

Classified as the 3000 Series, the first of Tokyu's new trough-running trains, Set 3001, was completed ahead of time in March 1999, and after a few test runs, it provisionally entered revenue service on the Toyoko Line on the 16th of April 1999, formed as an eight-car set (of wich, six cars were the proper ones of Set 3001, while the other two were intermediate cars "borrowed" from Set 3002, the rest of wich was still under construction).
The remaining 11 out of 12 ordered sets (3002 to 3012) were completed and entered service, togheter with set 3001 (wich had been withdrawn from the Toyoko Line on the 15th of January), on the 6th of August 2000 - the same day when Mekama Line services were officially split into the Meguro and Tamagawa Lines.

Trough-services with both the Toei Mita Line and the TRTA Namboku Line officially began on the 26th of September 2000, when the two lines were extended along a shared section to Meguro, with Tokyu's 3000 Series trains now running on both subway lines, to either Nishi-Takashimadaira on the Mita Line or Akabane-Iwabuchi on the Namboku Line. The "area of operations" further expanded in 2001 with the opening on the 28th of March of the Saitama Rapid Railway, a 14.6Km-long northwards extension of the Namboku Line to Urawa-Misono in Saitama prefecture, with Tokyu Corporation ordering an additional 3000 Series set (3013, delivered on the 23rd of March 2001) to increase the number of available trains.

Since the start of trough-services with the two subway lines, the service life of the small, but hard-working thirteen 3000 Series sets has been relatively uneventful, until a few years ago, when Tokyu announced that all 3000 Series sets, will be refurbished and lenghtened to eight cars in preparation for yet another trough-service, this time with Sotetsu Railway, via the under-construction Tokyu Shin-Yokohama Line.
Thus, depsite having just passed 20 years of age, the 3000 Series will continue to run over the Tokyu network and not only, continuing from Saitama to Kanagawa prefecture over subways, rapid and major private railways!

Currently, all thirteen 3000 Series are in service, and are used interchangeably with the newer 5080 Series, the specialized Meguro Line variant of Tokyu's 5000 Series family, on local and rapid services over the Tokyu Meguro Line, the Toei Mita Line (to Nishi-Takashimadaira), the Tokyo Metro Namboku Line and the Saitama Rapid Railway (to Urawa-Misono). When the Shin-Yokohama Line will open, Tokyu's 3000 Series will continue beyond Hiyoshi to either Ebina (on the Sotetsu's Main Line) or to Shonandai (on the Izumino Line)

Trivia #1:
The 3000 Series was designed with the overall concept of "a beautiful train that is kind and polite with evrything" in mind.

Trivia #2:
During it's brief, temporary, service life on the Toyoko Line, set 3001 was mostly used for rapid services, but sometimes it could be seen also on local services as well, such as in case of a schedule disruption or a lack of rolling stock.

Trivia #3:
With the commencment of trough-services with the Saitama Rapid Railway, for the first time in history a Tokyu Corporation train could be seen in Saitama prefecture.

Trivia #4:
Upon manufacturing, the 3000 Series was already predisposed to be lenghtened to eight cars, by fitting pantographs to a MoHa car and by converting a SaHa trailer car into a powered MoHa car and inserting two newly-manufactured SaHa trailer cars. However, it's unclear if this complex procedure will be carried out, with Tokyu more likely opting to purchase a newly manufactured MoHa pantograph car and a Saha trailer car for each set instead.

I have missing kuids on the Icarus Shinkansen 2.0 SP3 build. I am assuming they are tracks as I am missing quite a bit of track from the route. Are these apart of a payware route or a 3rd party site?
<kuid:300193:100106>
<kuid:300193:100096>
Thanks

I have missing kuids on the Icarus Shinkansen 2.0 SP3 build. I am assuming they are tracks as I am missing quite a bit of track from the route. Are these apart of a payware route or a 3rd party site?
<kuid:300193:100106>
<kuid:300193:100096>
Thanks

The objects are JPN Cubicle04. It was (I think) part of the old payware Yamanote line by Andy or part of the Chiyoda Branch Line.
You can safely delete it.

I just replaced the asset on my whole route with a DLS one item. So in next version it shouldn't be there. Also if you sort out by dependencies you can for now delete all unknown dependencies. In a final or DLS version I try to Kuid Hunt so that there will be as least unkowns as possible.

There should be not missing tracks. Where tracks appaer to be missing the route is not built yet. But if you are tracks missing in the middle of buillt up area's then I want to know. The easiest is to include a screenshot then I can see if there should be tracks on that plase.

A little "detour" of the previous 3000 Series pack, here's the Y000 Series for the quirky Kodomonokuni Line!

Yokohama-Minatomirai-Railway-Y000-Series.jpg

Already available on my website!

Ever since it's opening in 1967, the Kodomonokuni Line had been operated with whatever rolling stock Tokyu could source. This included the various pre-war, war-time and immediately-post-war-made batches of the 3000 Series, the old green frog 5000 Series, the 6000 Series and even the prototypes of the 7200 Series. Starting from 1989, the line was assigned for the first time a "regular" train, under the form of a 2-car 7000 Series set, fitted in a dedicated livery, surplus from the Toyoko Line.

However, a lone set wasn't enough to cover the unpredictably varying ridership of the line, with Tokyu being often forced to run additional services with 5-car trains (mostly 8000 Series sets) borrowed from the Oimachi Line.
Finally, in the late 1990s, after the 1997 Kodomonokuni Line right-of-way ownership transfer from the Kodomonokuni Theme Park managing company to Yokohama Minatomirai Railway*, the new owner decided it was time for the Kodomonokuni Line to get it's own dedicated rolling stock.

Designated as the Y000 Series, the new Kodomonokuni Line trains were based on Tokyu's then-newest design, the 3000 Series for trough-services between the Meguro Line and the Namboku and Mita subway lines. As a matter of cost reduction,
it was deiced that the new trains were actually to re-use as much components as possible from the 3000 Series, hence they were built with the same technical equipment (bogeys, traction inverters, pantographs, driving desks and so on), the same doors, the same air-conditioning units, the same seating and even the same FRP front mask, basically unchanged from the 3000 Series one.

However the entire arrangment of the train had to been reworked since the Kodomonokuni Line normally has a "manageable" ridership: the Y000 Series was built with three doors per side and as a two-car formations, with two single-arm pantographs being fitted on the roof of one car.

Obviously manufactured by Tokyu Car, an order for three 2-car sets was placed in early 1999, with the first set being delivered and entering service in August of the same year, followed by the other two in December.

Currently, all three sets are still in service, assigned to Tokyu's Nagatsuta Depot (wich is located at mid-point on the Kodomonokuni Line**) - normally two trains are used on the line during the morning and evening rush hours (as over time the Kodomonokuni Line has begun to serve also as a commuter feeder for the Denentoshi Line, rather than being only an amusement park shuttle) and one train is used during off-peak hours and holidays.
Normally the Y000 Series operates in 2-car sets, but during times of high ridership 4-car sets (two coupled sets) aren't unheard of. Also during times of high ridership, the three Y000 Series are being increasingly supplemented and assisted by 7000 Series 3-car sets borrowed from the Ikegami and Tamagawa Lines, depsite this (and the fact that the three sets are now 20 years old), there are no definitive plans to replace the Y000 Series.

Trivia:
The Y000 Series bears the distinction of being one of the very last, if not the lastest, 20m-long type electric multiple units with three doors per car side to be purchased by (or more precisely, purchased on behalf of) a major private company of the Tokyo area. Once popular (Seibu railway had been a very prolific user), this arrangment had fell out of use in the 1970s and 1980s in favour of the 4-door design.

*While the Kodomonokuni Line infrastructure and rolling stock are owned by the Yokohama Minatomirai Railway, all the operations and staffing of the line is done by Tokyu (and the company also has the final saying in almost anything).
Thus, depsite the different ownership, the Kodomonokuni Line operates de facto as a Tokyu line.

**The Kodomonokuni Line isn't only used to shuttle theme park visitors and commuters - it's other, perhaps even more vital function, is to act as a connector between Tokyu's large Nagatsuta works, where major overhauls are done, and the rest of Tokyu's network.

duskey-duskey -
I really love that screenshot. Wow! Super good looking train and the track going off into the distance is super aesthetically pleasing.

Nice pics all ! :D.

Icarus Shinkansen v2.0. Building Snapshot 13

It is available from my Google Drive here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RzsNRW1aOA2XFkmZ-2MbBz9re3ZRO68Q?usp=sharing

What is new in this snapshot?

- Ongoing Enhanchements on the TIF (Trans Icaruco Freight Line)

This includes the new Ichida and Shin Ichida Station Area just west of Nizu pass and Mount Icaruko. Here the TIF (Trans Icaruco Freight Line) and the IVL (Icaruko Valley Line) cross each other and in addition there is the Metro Station of Icaruko Metro

- Ongoing allignments and Junctions on the East of Mount Icaruko in the Airport Valley

Most of the allignments are now complete. Included the start of Icaruko Minami Airport area which includes a freight depot, Minami Airport passenger station and some diverse connection lines. This is still ongoing work as it is a large area to cover. Industrial areas are always difficult.
Also started the Icaruko Airport Fuel sidings. Altough nowadays the main transport of Jet fuel to the Airport is by fuel truck supplemental fuel is sometimes being carried by train via the Trans Icaruko Freight Line (TIF) to the airport.

- Caternary further completed all around Icaruko (still ongoing)
- Icaruko Airport Shinkansen depot added for completion of the Airport section of the Icarus Shinkansen
- Icaruko Airport Line (IAP) has new viaducts, bridges and allignments (ongoing work of the IAP)
- Portals added on North side of the IAP, Icarus Shinkansen Depot (altough these 2 ones are currently not named (comes in next version)), IAV (Icaruko Valley Line) and Airport Minami line sometimes called the Karime line as the city on the East end (not included in the route) is called Karime.

Important:

Before proceeding make sure the following inbuilt content of TRS 2019 is installed as the route uses some inbuilt content:

You have to have the following routes of Patinium pre-installed:

- Content Samples
- Serbino Lake
- Kickstarter Country 2 (will be not a problem as this is pre-installed)

First class DLC (optional) will come in handy and is nowadays not that expensive. (you can try downloading without but there are about 3000 assets in this route so it may take a while)

Installation instructions step by step

If you have changed earlier versions of my route to your own standards make a .cdp backup of your own version or rename it to for example: "Icarus Personal version''

1. Install either the TANE CDP (from the TANE .CDP map) or the TRS2019 PLT CDP (from the TRS2019 PLT map) by either dragging the .cdp file in content manager or by choosing import .cdp
2. Make sure to choose : list dependencies (an option under the right mouse button by clicking on the file) Then sort the dependencies by status and download all missing dependencies that are available to download so you won't have missing dependencies.
3. Even click on the unknown ones and try to download them anyway (they won't be downloaded by just in case)
4 Start TRS2019
5 Choose to Edit the route
6 From the menu click on delete missing assets and proceed (ignore long lists with warnings, just proceed)
7 Save with CTRL+ S and rename the route so a clear name. An example of a clear name could be Icarus Shinkansen v2.0. New Personal edion (or something like that)
8 After this you have stil the original route with missing dependencies and your own route with no missing dependencies.
9 For driving choose your own version

--- For the next DLS Release -- I will try to hunt for unkowns and missing deps and try to erease them from the route.

As Always Work in progress:

Now some screenshots:

Full Album Link (Flickr):
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzSTxG

52121431554_b28ce084b2_k.jpg
[/URL]
1 Icaruko Airport Rail Overview
by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

52121685570_bb91aa2678_k.jpg
[/URL]
4 Icaruko Airport Minami Terminal (Domestic )

52121685540_dfeafb17ce_k.jpg
[/URL]
6 Icaruko Airport Shinkansen Depot

52121685510_222a0d0986_k.jpg
[/URL]
8 Steam Excursion near Icaruko Minami Airport meets EMU

52120155037_648755b4a2_k.jpg
[/URL]
9 New Allignments on IAP (Icaruko Airport Line)

52121184921_56add629b8_k.jpg
[/URL]
10 Ichida Station Area

52121184861_e949018ba9_k.jpg
[/URL]
11 Ichida Station

Last edited:
Back