Driver Command

Babeboy

what driver command or commands do i need to make the trains continue to keep running for example when the train reaches the terminal it repeats by going back an forth ? this is for either nycta2005/2007

Hello,

I am not familiar with the nycta that you mention but the technique I employ for AI controlled trains is to place portals at each end of the route and have them produce and consume trainz on regular basis. I set up the portals to produce the train with the rolling stock I want, modify the driver and commands to stop at and switch various stations along the way then exist the other portal.

Unfortunately, this is the only way I have been able to have AI trains run "continuously" back and forth over a layout. It takes a long time to configure the session but is well worth the effort.

Before I started using portals, I used to set up track marks and give the trains rediculously long lists of commands to execute but eventually they would run out of commands and then would just sit at the last stop waiting to be noticed. Of course if you, unlike me, are able to remember where all the trains will end up, you can switch to each train and constantly update it's schedule, but I find that too complicated for my old brain....:p

Hope this helps get on the right track.

Have Fun

Bricey

what driver command or commands do i need to make the trains continue to keep running for example when the train reaches the terminal it repeats by going back an forth ? this is for either nycta2005/2007
Sorry if this is obvious or if you're trying to do something more sophisticated:
Add Reverse Direction commands to be obeyed when the train reaches each end of the track.
Then add a Repeat command at the end of the other commands.

HTH, John

Back