PRR Screenshots

The 2 DLS DEM's are very rough satelite data, and several bad mismatch's of baseboards resulting in huge cliffs and pits at seams.
DEMPRRTransdemHorseshoe3ArcSecond.jpg

1/3 Arc Data
DEMPRRTransdemHorseshoe1-3ArcSecond.jpg

Soon ... I have been compiling a list of 20-30+ Good Trainzers:cool: for beta testing. I am still learning after several years on exactly how to lay perfect radius track, and gradients.

Still looking for the perfect NG 3 Foot, and SG Wood, Track ... MP_Wood V2 & 1000mm_NG_Gras ... not as thrilling as RTS, Greenery, WRRW & MRT track.

I have alot of track diagrams of Interlockings such as: Rockville, Enola, Lewistown, Petersburg, Tunnel, Spruce, Forge, Tyrone, Antis, Rose, Hollidaysburg, Wye, Muleshoe, Allegheny Portage Inclined Planes, PA Canal System, 17+ Altoona Yards, Junaita Shops, ALTO, Slope, Horseshoe, MG, BF, SF, UN, AR, MO, Cresson, Flyover, Upper Yard, AO, Conemaugh, Conpit, Pitcairn, Conway, and am willing to share with all who ask.

Last edited:
TOO LARGE size and radius of textures

Is there any way in TRS2006 that the radius of textures can be made smaller than the smallest surveyor texture radius setting (which is @50' R) ?

Also, is there any way to make the smallest size setting of ground texture finer detail (smaller pixels) other than editing the assets tga texture file with Irfanview Paint.net, Gimp ... etc ?

Are the textures in 09/10 smaller radius and finer pixels than in TRS2006 ?

http://s525.photobucket.com/albums/cc339/cascaderailroad/?action=view&current=Hallowwen.mp4
Working on another Wopsy RR - Trunda-Trees Shrubs Grass screenshot (to be posted ---> here <--- soon).

Last edited:
Also, is there any way to make the smallest size setting of ground texture finer detail (smaller pixels) other than editing the assets tga texture file with Irfanview Paint.net, Gimp ... etc ?

Are the textures in 09/10 smaller radius and finer pixels than in TRS2006 ?

also if they didn't come off squared and jagged around curves would be nice...

09/10 smaller radius and finer pixels than in TRS2006
They are not smaller, but use the same 10m grid plus 5m blending. They can be much better in resolution however since much bigger tga files are allowed, ie more pixels filling the same area.

Altoona Yards

I will clarify what all the yards & buildings are, in a closer up photo to come. This gives an idea of the overall yard & shop trackage was like years ago.

Todays yard is basicly two 10 track yards near the center of the map. All the rest has been removed, and the trackage has been changed drasticly.
AltoonaYardsEast.jpg

Last edited:
By setting your zoom level on your screen to @ 80%, these images can be merged.

It is kinda difficult to get a long image to show.

AltoonaWest.jpg
AltoonaEast.jpg

The East Altoona roundhouse was the largest in the World ... seems Altoona always claims that term "Largest".

The West Altoona-Car Shop also had a complete circle roundhouse. There were 6 or more turntables in Altoona.

Last edited:
Hi Cascade,

That's a neat trick - what a great way to present a big technical image!

How did you do that when you posted?:eek:

Casper
:)

BTW Ctrl and roll mouse wheel will decrease (or increase) image size and merge cascade's images for those who may not know.

Pulling my hair out with scanning a 24"x 8" page, and getting the lines to not blur, and type smudge. I posted two image tags together
Using the A/A tool button on this page.

BTW all this that I am typing will be recycled using the "EDIT" A/A tool button, and a screenshot will be placed ---> here <---instead.

I know a guy that has an old cotton fabric, wax backed, rolled up PRR Map of the Altoona yards which is over 30' long, and he rolled it out for me and explained all the yards workings to me. Try to scan that ... a 30' map ... lol

HollidaysburgCarShop.jpg

AltoonaJohnstown.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely stunning in scope and the screenshots..the entire thread has been great reading. I hope my quad-core machine and 1 TB of hard drive is sufficient! :udrool:

bill

I found that a distant yard, way, way out of view of a particular scene, severly affects framerates, reducing low angle viewing to @ 2fps. Even a single track or road spline that way is out of view, in the distance, this impacts low angle viewing framerates.

I was wondering ... if you apply many, many layers of ground textures, dirrectly over top of ground textures ... are the first textures still there, with all the previous textures hiding underneath ? Or are the covered up textures deleted, by painting another texture on top of it.

Last edited:
I was wondering ... if you apply many, many layers of ground textures, directly over top of ground textures ... are the first textures still there, with all the previous textures hiding underneath ? Or are the covered up textures deleted, by painting another texture on top of it.

Argument on this topic has raged for years. Way back when I started in Trainz it was contemporary wisdom that Trainz retained and drew textures up to 5 layers deep. A couple of years ago somebody did some extensive testing (I am not even going to try to find the thread) that appeared to contradict that theory.

Speaking from my own current experience in TS2010SP3 it appears that textures below the top visible layer do indeed have a detrimental effect on performance. During testing of EK3 we have found that deleting the HOG textures from the route (the HOG textures are 100% invisible below an opaque layer of several other textures) significantly increases framerates (8-10 fps) throughout the route...

Andy ;)

Last edited:
Back