PRR Screenshots

I have been using the RDG catenary by rrsignal, I am from that area so it is familiar to me. It is a pain to place catenary but if you want electrics ya got to do it and I have been wanting to try it for a change.

Sorry for the long time for a response, The cat is Gfisher's ( DL&W ) . And I thought it was on the DL, but when I put his name in they don't show, so I'm thinking there from uslw . But a quick look there shows nota ? The cat work on my route has been one of my big disappointments as to getting the look I want . ( RRSignal ) has a RDG cat set that are great , and that I like better to look more PRR. But the spacing is different , and the to rework my track to his spacing is just way to munch work. Gfisher's is still my first choice, but don't have the build up I'd like to see for yards and custom cat work . Sorry I can't help, but I still think that it's available somewhere, if I find it I'll send a link here

Matt
I think it's still on the DLS Matt. Try: DL&W Cat 2t,<kuid:106916:10359> thru 10367.

I tried in TANE and it didn't come up with anything but TS12 found it right away.

Fortunately they never electrified the main line west of Harrisburg so I don't need it for the section of the PRR going thru Mt Union, PA. I model the EBT RR, a 3' ng line that goes south from there following Aughwick Creek valley. Hauling coal thru mountains, rural areas, small towns and interfaced with the PRR at MT Union and the McKelvey Bros logging operations near the old Rockhill Iron & Coal Co Furnaces on EBT's Shade Gap branch. 32 miles of single track main line and the time period for me is 1920's to 1940's, some of the best for the EBT.

It's everything I'm looking for in a layout actually, in a small size package. Standard gauge for the Pennsy, dual gauge track for the EBT's yards and industrial tracks in MT Union and 3ft narrow gauge tracks for the rest. It was a unique operation. Std gauge switch loco's handled both ng and sg cars. Ng locos handled both ng and re- bogeyed sg railcars over the whole main as far as Robertsdale. So it has some modeling challenges too - beyond the usual "vegetation" problems we face for this part of PA.

Bob Pearson

PS [EDIT] Just a couple of screen shots. 1st a strange lashup on the test track. Only a nut modeling the EBT would try this in Trainz:

TANE%202015-06-03%2015-17-29-893AA.jpg

The 2nd - some Pennsy traffic in Mt Union in front of the old PRR station now owned and operated by the EBT (1920's time frame):

trainz%202015-06-16%2012-03-14-568AA.jpg

The same scene from the station side:

trainz%202015-06-16%2012-23-08-581AA.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the info on the cat . And nice shots, still no Tane . ( Working on why now ) But I'm glad to see your route is still up . I've been doing a little reading on the EBT. And always enjoy seeing your work .:D I take it the coal car issues are fixed. :hehe:

Matt

Now that's a great way to showcase the PRR, but just when I was thinking what a great route.:hehe: Anyhows nice shots

Matt

Thanks for the info on the cat . And nice shots, still no Tane . ( Working on why now ) But I'm glad to see your route is still up . I've been doing a little reading on the EBT. And always enjoy seeing your work .:D I take it the coal car issues are fixed. :hehe:

Matt
No not yet Matt. N3V still has it under investigation. The PRR hoppers in the pics above work ok in TS12 and TANE. It's only some content and probably has to do with how it was put together and/or maybe whether MAX, GMAX or Blender exporters were used. Randall's hoppers look like they exploded but the passenger cars I reskinned look ok. In the mean time they all work just fine in TS12.

Thanks for the kind words but when I look at all the pic displayed here I'm just in awe of the many talented people we have in the community.

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
Stand back and run the train faster (stand off scale) :p :hehe: You can raise or lower it but I do not know if there is a gauge for measuring the height to rail head.

Only way I have ever found possible is guess, check in game, adjust and guess again, until you find its about right height.

Thanks for the response, I again had a tool, thought I had backed it up for future use. And now can't find the damm the thing, and was perfect for the job . Thought it was made by ( whitepass ) but now my old hard drive is not accessible to look for my older saves. Thanks for the info, I'll try the one's on the DL . :eek: But gotta say I do like my stand in:hehe:
trainz%202015-06-24%2012-33-54-79_zpsaq0d4uis.png
trainz%202015-06-24%2012-40-17-30_zps5p09fjzg.png

Matt

The Enola eastbound hump, and it's yard, was totally torn out, nothing remains.

Is there a loco that shows a cab view with a Heads Up Display of the gradient ahead ?

Last edited:
Yea I know it's gone, but not forgotten . And really needing to be modeled in trains bad . ( note to self work faster ) As to the head-up display I believe there's a rule that can be added, but I'm not sure it shows up coming grades, just the grade your on.;)

Matt

As far as Enola yard, modeling it would be do-able ... but filling it with @ 6 long trains would bring framerates to a standstill ... Enola was closed completely a couple decades ago, due to managers falsifying documents, and "stealing couplers", billing foreign car Companies for replacement of couplers, when in fact no work was done to the railcars ... several high ranking officials were fired over the thievery.

Under what railroads management did this happen? I wouldn't be surprised if the East yard was semi-rebuilt... I hear the Altoona East dispatcher arguing about the limited space Enola has all the time. But since I can dream, I'd like to see Amtrak use it as a maintenance facility for the Keystone Corridor.

I've Had the yard started from 2006, but right now the hump yard kit no longer works. So until I get that figured out, mine is on hold. I really like work yard, and a working hump yard was something that I miss.:( But Like a lot of us have stated, it's one thing to build . It's another ta fill with content and have any frame rate to speck of. Was hoping this was goig to be better in TANE .

Matt
enolaeast.jpg
enolawest.jpg

Back