Gallitzin Park Tunnels
Screen_003-29.jpg

Allegheny/Gallitzin Bores - Tunnelhill PA
Screen_007-17.jpg

Screen_046-1.jpg

smoke5.jpg

PRR8.jpg

Last edited:
cascaderailroad has scummed to payware! We are all...

Doomed. :hehe:

Just kidding. Do you want to see a set of Brunswick Green Gevo's?

Of all the things I thought you were going to buy...

Why not the PRR Tuscan GEVO?

Last edited:
Not quite done ... but getting there ... re-skinning is really entailed ! ! !

As the Wabash A Units were never made yet ... I'm trying to match the B units that are on The Erecting Hall site... I thought I'd try my hand at it ... lol

She aint no beauty, is she ?

Screen_001-44.jpg

n8phu_20111010_0024.jpg

N5c_caboose_anim3.gif

freezing-rain.jpg

RR_HighSeas3WebCR-9_28_11-thumb-700xauto-474_thumb%5B1%5D.jpg

Last edited:
Dang ... Now my thread has a bad case of Wood Ticks ... Is that any particular prototype location ? Looks like a good place to find some Western Pennsylvania Timber Rattlers' !

IDK much about Wabash ... but those Bluebird units have me captivated.

Last edited:
Its just a little freelance route I've been working on, on the side! It's based mainly on the PRR allegheny branch, (pittsburgh to oil city) it's a route that runs right along the allegheny river the entire way.

This route is just amazing, makes me want to go visit my Dad in Altoona in the summer again. I need to get up there when the museums are open anyway since they close in the winter which is when I am most often able to travel there. I have been using the Truimph series books for a lot of photos and good information however I only have 2 of the series so far. And it's making me want to change the track I have been using since the standard US wood track looks cheesey however my old decrepid HP hates the detail.

I am constantly working on my route, (I burnt out for a while, and slacked) but it use's RTS tracks (that seems not to be available anymore, but I somewhat received permission to re-distibute RTS tracks... I am not thoroughly sure).

I probably will swap out the tracks, with another type (MP Wood v2, MP Rusty, MP Tunneltrack Dark) ... and wish to be informed what these display as in TS10 / TS12.

I did release a WIP (unfinished) of the Fishlipsatwork DEM (with no textures) Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?hob4yr2hx71825n Right click on ownload, Open ... Watch out for advertisments that you do not want to click on !

I would not spend alot of time texturing this unfinished DEM, as it is old, and obsolete TRS2006 route, and a newer more complete improved DEM will follow up sometime, once I convert it to TS10.

Can a TRS2006 route be backdated, so that TRS2004 users can use it ?

Besides ... Scratchy's, and others, Horseshoe routes may fullfill your expectations greater than mine does.

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc339/cascaderailroad/2-6-6-6-6Winter.jpg
http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc339/cascaderailroad/2-6-6-6-6Summer.jpg

I'll give you my new route if you can guess how I made the tunnel smoke

Screen_003-29.jpg

Screen_010-5.jpg

PS: If you visit Altoona uring a winter snowstorm, bring boo-coo cold weather gear (including a wool knit facemask) as it is like Fairbanks AK there sometimes.

Last edited:
Ah the last time I was in Altoona for a snow storm was two years ago, loved it since I live in VA currently. Although I didn't love the drive, I hit a blizzard in Richmond and it took me 6 hours just to get to Fredriksburg, and over 10 to reach Altoona. I'm am using a fishlipsatwork DEM for my route in Philly, it seems to work quite well even in 12 however it's a bit flat. I took some screen shots of what I have so far however don't know how to post them. I have them saved as jpeg files. I still have a lot of rework to do in Zoo though, the grades comming from the lower level and the tunnels are all off and some of the rail is floating in mid air until I put a viaduct under it. And after reading how you did easments I also have more to do with the tracks from the lower level of the station and the Penn Coach yard. I have to fix that as well since it ended up being on a 1% grade. But most of the track I ended up eyeballing from pictures and using interlocking diagrams for the switches. Then once I get that I can fix the MU yard and run track and platforms in through the upper level and across to suburban station.

Last edited:
I bet you took the tunnel portals and change them to a static portal and then added smoke to them. Am I close?

not quite, I was using dig hole portals however I think I might change the tunnels again. I don't do a lot of changing or editing assets in content creator simply because I haven't figured it out yet. I've been using Trainz sine the 2004 version and I still am not at all good at content creating other than route building and that can take me a while since I always find something more about a certain area and end up reworking it. It almost gives me as much enjoyment researching the area than it does building and driving trains on it.
http://s1278.beta.photobucket.com/u...kingfromnorth_zpscad01d8a.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Last edited:
One day when I finally get done with the Philadelphia area I hope to be able to continue west to Harrisburg and Enola and North at least to Manhattan Transfer, NYC I think will end up being a bit much for me although I'd love to be able to start on the NH line, drive over the Hell Gate bridge through Sunnyside yards and into Penn Station and beyond. If I can ever get the electrified areas done then maybe I will continue west but I work on this off and on when I'm able too. Between deployments and just taking a break to do other things it is taking me a while. It would be nice to have P5s and E44's to do most of the freight work and a few of the little B1's/BB1's for working in the coach yards.

That looks great ... I have oftentimes thought of tackeling zoo interlocking ... WoW what alot of trackwork !

I like to use Tunnel 3-1 voie, and tunnel portal static assets by FSP, and I used @ 20 campfire assets hidden in the stonework, and submerged under the track at the tunnel mouth.

PRR6.jpg

Zoo is difficult for sure, not a level piece of track in there until you get to the yards. I will try the tunnels and the portals and see how they look.

Last edited:
Back