PRR Screenshots

See post #458

A better more complete version is in the works ... this previously released CDP was only a WIP test for assets used for 09, 10, 12 users

Last edited:
Got any more pics on the areas uve done cascade? i dont understand why ur still building in 06 and not fully in TS10 yet, but i guess thats ur call :) I wish i could have more time to work on my route.. got a fair bit going on atm with life n stuff haha, so progress is slow...

Well 10 won't run on my GF Toshiba Satellite 105 laptop, IDK about surveyor ... haven't tried it on my desktop PC ... I am afraid of layers, losing work, and bottomless pit black holes in 10.

TRS2006 is so flawlessly easy to use for initial route creation ... for later importing into 10.

I decided to buy 10 because I had a discount voucher.

I must get tax's done immediately ... no time for Trainz.

I had a bit of burnout, and just sat back and just drove my route to inspect for defects, and thought about improvements that I could make.

I work on it from time to time ... but once tax's are done, I will resume work on it.

I am working on the "Slide" and "Cresson Wye" at present as well as MO, AR, UN, SF, BF and the RJ Corman line to Dean PA.

http://www.billspennsyphotos.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=114545964

Last edited:
I wish i could have more time to work on my route.. got a fair bit going on atm with life n stuff haha, so progress is slow...

LOL, we ALL wish you had more time to work on your route!!!!!:hehe: Can't wait for its release!

---Scott

Your route crashes Trainz when I try to open it in Surveyor. I'm using Trainz 12. It must be the faulty switchstands. I might have to replace them. The route loads in 2010. But, I want to use it in 12.

Last edited:
39703ae2ba51f77443362c1536095a03.jpg

http://www.antarcticconnection.com/antarctic/travel/trip-detail.asp?Trip=3062 Cruise Ships depart late Nov to Jan (which is Summertime).
Other cruise's, are upwards of $40,000 (Antarctican dollars), per person (no pennies accepted, pack a sweater and mittens) ! :eek:

McMurdo AQ: Today is a balmy -38F, with a wind speed of 9 mph, light blowing snow ... weather for tonight: DARK ... continued darkness tomorrow, and the next day also DARK ... etc ... etc ...

Vostok AQ: Today is a balmy -78F, with a wind speed of 12 mph, with blowing ice crystals (the better ta' sandbast yer' face right off wit').

My very old route: http://www.mediafire.com/?hob4yr2hx71825n

Still working on my newest route :eek: Sheesh !

Last edited:
:( I was expecting some screenshots cascade! :p Has there been any progress? Also, are you fully into trs10 now or still dabbling in 06?

I work in TRS2006 for surveyor ... TS10 won't run on my cheepo laptop ... and I don't trust TS10 layers, to possibly mess up my work ... I can always import my TRS2006 route into TS10, at a later date.

I bought a 0.12 oz tube of Arctic Silver thermal paste at Radio Shack for $ 11.99 to fix my HP Desktop 3Gb RAM, 1TB HD, GT430 video card (all I need is a small pea size, dab "O" da' Goo) ... anyone want to buy the used remainder Arctic Silver thermal paste tube for $6.99 ?) (Checking on my CPU Ghz speed) ... it may run TS10 with better framerates.

I have been honing my tracklaying skills, and trying new techniques for curves and easements ... also the park atop the "Curve" was giving me problems, as I had floating gravel paths, half sunken animated people, and 2 switch's with temporary track inside the "Curve", where they brought in and removed the K4 & installed the GP9.

Trivia question: Where, from what dirrection, were these 2 different locos installed/removed from the "Curve" top park , as it took place in 2 different times in history, or was it 3, when temporry switch's were installed on the "Horseshoe" #1 mainline track ?

Did you know, that before the Horseshoe, the 2 tracked Muleshoe Curve secondary was the original PRR pre-1854 mainline, and Altoona was still but a small farming community without a RR at all, until the construcion of the Horseshoe ?

Last edited:
Wrong ... you are only half right ... as this was correct for the installation of the K4 ... But it was Not So, for the removal of the K4 & installation of the GP9. Guess again !

http://s525.photobucket.com/albums/cc339/cascaderailroad/?action=view&current=Movie-1.mp4 <---Angry Noobian Altoonan Speed Twee Lumberjacks, attempt to seceed from the Union.
http://s525.photobucket.com/albums/cc339/cascaderailroad/?action=view&current=Blah-1.mp4 <--- this movie is inkorrect !

Bringing back an all time favorit of mine: http://s525.photobucket.com/albums/cc339/cascaderailroad/?action=view&current=LampPostLinda.mp4 The lovely and talented Lampost Linda almost wrecks the day, then ends up saving the day.

Last edited:
Kitbashing existing assets on the DLS is fun, although not as prototypical, it looks close enough to the real scene
on the Tunnehill side of the mountain.
Screen_004-24.jpg

From right to left: Gallitzin bore and Allegheny bore, that once were both single tracked, and had tunnel ventlator fans.
SF Interlocking (Sugar Furnace, named for the Sugar Run-Iron Ore Furnace).
Screen_001-42.jpg

Bennington Furnace, Allegrippus Curve, and the settlment at Glenwhite (on the uphill road from the "Curve", which was
wiped out by smallpox), were also a thriving small iron ore, coal, and timbering communities in the 1850's ... Now, barely
any trace of anything exists there today ... Nature has reclaimed the strip mined areas, infesting them with thorny
stickerbush's, timber rattlesnakes, and wood ticks (and lots of deer, a few bear, and elk).

Except on my route, which will bring it all back ... in TRS2006

Last edited:
Hi Cascade .
A special request : Do you perhaps have the Red Devil - not the real one ( I'm sure you have him too ..:D ) , the SAR & H locomotive .
If you do have it please fit it in somewhere in one of your routes and post a screenshot or two please ?

There was another absolutely fabulous payware cab photo (I can't seem to remember who posted it) Possibly USWL, Jointed Rail, RRMods ... It had a heads up display, in cab, PRR position lights, in the center of the windshield divider ... It was absawootwee' beautiful ! :mop::udrool::mop:

Someone please post a screenshot of that cab, or your favorite cab shots.
Do you have a spare 10 bucks floating around?
I will after I get done cutting my neighbor lawn ! :hehe: Which is snow covered in Antarctica ! :cool:

Vostok Base AQ: -87F, Blowing ice crystals, with 36mph winds ... forecast for tonight: DARK ... Tomorrow: Continued DARKNESS, followed by increasing brightness in September.

Last edited:
There was another absolutely fabulous payware cab photo (I can't seem to remember who posted it) Possibly USWL, Jointed Rail, RRMods ... It had a heads up display, in cab, PRR position lights, in the center of the windshield divider ... It was absawootwee' beautiful ! :mop::udrool::mop:

Someone please post a screenshot of that cab, or your favorite cab shots.

I will after I get done cutting my neighbor lawn ! :hehe: Which is snow covered in Antarctica ! :cool:

Vostok Base AQ: -87F, Blowing ice crystals, with 36mph winds ... forecast for tonight: DARK ... Tomorrow: Continued DARKNESS, followed by increasing brightness in September.

This one?
slabay201208060001.jpg

It is Jointed Rail's SD80MAC.

That's I T !

Keep em' comming, those screenshots of cab interiors ... you might just convince me to switch my outlook on payware !

(Will post some screenshots here soon). <-- One beauiful cab !

Back