PRR Screenshots

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Hey y'all/you'ins,

Just wanted to let you know that majekear has allowed me to reskin the 40ft flatcar to Pennsy livery with running numbers, and swapped out the rolling bearing trucks for PRR 50-ton archbar trucks, and that it is already on the DLS. I have also modified the USRA 55-ton hopper (Coal 2 Bay Hopper PRR #MFX) to a class GLd by replacing the trucks with USRA 50-ton trucks and adjusting the weight of the car to reflect the prototype. The Pennsy had 300 of them. From what I could understand, the USRA tried to make the Pennsy purchase 4,500 of them, which they negotiated down to 300 so they could continue building the H25 hoppers. The same USRA 55-ton hopper would make a reappearance in the early days of WWII as class H31, so by using Barrett-Whitehead or Elsey 55-ton trucks, one can have an H31. The "PRR GLd Hopper #MFX" should be up on the DLS tomorrow sometime.

On a similar note of the GL family of hoppers, the GLb and GLe are two similar cars, they have 10 panels instead of the 8 (GLa, GLd, GLg, H31). The GLe is the covered hopper version. It took me a bit to figure out what the difference between a GLb and a GLd is.

A-PRR-freight-heading-somewhere..jpg

Last edited:
Back