PRR Screenshots

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Hey y'all/you'ins,

Just wanted to let you know that majekear has allowed me to reskin the 40ft flatcar to Pennsy livery with running numbers, and swapped out the rolling bearing trucks for PRR 50-ton archbar trucks, and that it is already on the DLS. I have also modified the USRA 55-ton hopper (Coal 2 Bay Hopper PRR #MFX) to a class GLd by replacing the trucks with USRA 50-ton trucks and adjusting the weight of the car to reflect the prototype. The Pennsy had 300 of them. From what I could understand, the USRA tried to make the Pennsy purchase 4,500 of them, which they negotiated down to 300 so they could continue building the H25 hoppers. The same USRA 55-ton hopper would make a reappearance in the early days of WWII as class H31, so by using Barrett-Whitehead or Elsey 55-ton trucks, one can have an H31. The "PRR GLd Hopper #MFX" should be up on the DLS tomorrow sometime.

On a similar note of the GL family of hoppers, the GLb and GLe are two similar cars, they have 10 panels instead of the 8 (GLa, GLd, GLg, H31). The GLe is the covered hopper version. It took me a bit to figure out what the difference between a GLb and a GLd is.

A-PRR-freight-heading-somewhere..jpg

Last edited:
Hey y'all/you'ins,

I ran across Steve Flanders (ING4Trainz) tutorial videos on YouTube, which has really taken the mystery out of creating steam locomotives. So now I am trying to make one. I started a project for an H3(R) model 2-8-0. I finished the driving wheels and wanted to share my progress. Yes, freeware, and yes, it will be on the DLS, whenever I get it finished :)

PRR-H3-Project.jpg

PRR-H3-Project.jpg

PRR-H3-Project.jpg

PRR-H3-Project.jpg

PRR-H3-Project.jpg

Off to a good start! Be sure to export early on to make sure all is well in the game! Hate to see you get way farther involved, only to find something major is off. That happened to me a few times many years ago.
Thank-you. I will have to do that, I know Mr. Flanders said about having bits flying everywhere on occasion 😬

I have studied over your D16sb to see how to make the Stephenson's Valve Gear work. 🙂

Making the Belpaire boiler is something else. But I am addicted to them.

The way you have it now it will not track right.
What have I done wrong? (The errors are probably Legion😬), Or, what should I do to fix it?

I appreciate all y'all's input, since the only things I have made is just a couple of buildings.

Thank-you in advance.

Since my main bogie for my H3(R) isn't far enough along to export as a bogie, I exported it as a scenery item to just get a look. A couple of places where daylight is getting through around the wheel weights, and one side the inside of the wheels aren't showing, but they are showing in GMax (yup, back to the head-scratching on that one :ROFLMAO:).

Overall, so far, I am mostly happy with the coloring, except the blue.
I placed the bogie on tracks to check it, and placed them by Mr. Lerro's D16sb for size comparison.

PRR-H3-Bogie-concept-test.jpg

PRR-H3-Project.jpg

PRR-H3-Project.jpg

Update: I have been able to import the bogey into Trainz, with the side rods, and it works, and I don't have bits flying all over the place.

Now I just have to make main rods and the valve gear.

PRR-H3-Project.jpg

Here is another progress update picture. The boiler assembly is starting to come together. Put the boiler, cab, and bogey together to get a look at it overall.

Another little update, did some work to the cab
PRR-H3-Project.jpg

And started a Class GG gondola, because what better to go with a locomotive from 1887 than a wooden car that was built in 1895 and lasted until 1925. I am working on the 50-ton capacity version.

PRR-Class-GG-gondola-project.jpg

Some more progress...
I am content with the interior, now just have to work on the exterior details.

Last edited:
Back