PRR Screenshots

I'm not sure . I do know they weren't considers a success . And were pulled from Passenger serves fairly quickly . were reworked , and went into fright . Then to pusher serves .

If someone know's of the top . Let us know . They have always been a side interest .

Matt

PS a post needs a pic :hehe:

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
To the best of my recollection, Centipedes were a success with SAL running fast passenger service over somewhat dodgy track (very flexible). In PRR service, on Standard of the World track, they were an "odd volume" disliked for non-standard maintenance, hence dropping from passenger to freight. As helpers (last resort) their flexibility was a disadvantage.

I'm not sure . I do know they weren't considers a success . And were pulled from Passenger serves fairly quickly . were reworked , and went into fright . Then to pusher serves .

If someone know's of the top . Let us know . They have always been a side interest .

Matt

PS a post needs a pic :hehe:

:cool: For the most part yes . It's my attempt to show different ware and tear of the lines . Or even East and West traffic . Hard grade to level track . Which wasn't much . :hehe: Choosing a track or tracks for the route has been more of an internal debate that I ever thought would be an issue . On my HO , I'd just airbrush it to death . to get the desired look . I'm still not quite happy with my choices . I like the tracks I have . But with what's has been released as of late . I feel I could of done better . But to change out in CM . Leeds to more work then I would consider right now . One thing is I'm trying to depict the 30's t0 50's . When steam was still king . But the writing was on the walls . Coal dust , grease and oil was everywhere . Along with creosote , tar and soot . The pristine look is what I'm trying to avoid . Pennsy took care of the Main's as best traffic allowed . But yards and industry lines were only fixed if needed .

I'll take as to your question I need to do better :)

Just some of the different track I've used . This last shot is of JR's track used on Coal Country . Which I like but PC doesn't in high density area like the yards .

Matt

With so much work you put into this route you should start your own thread. I'd like to learn more about it. I went back to the beginning of this thread only to realize that it's a screenshot thread.

I've thought about that . But It's about one section of the PRR . And with a version already out on the DLS . I don't want to add a tread that would be another stand alone . The PRR group is what I was thinking that was for . And it's not well viewed . I post there just to show myself I am going forward .:hehe:

Maybe if I get all the fires lit , and the sails timed to my liking . But as you can see . I've got a lot of work ahead . But I like it . I'm not going anywhere . :eek:

Matt :cool:

I appreciate your pictures, I even recognize some of the places from videos and pictures I have.

As far as Baldwin diesels go they suffered from 3 issues. 1 they were not compatible to others diesels so MUing was difficult. 2 They had metallurgic problems with the pitons which ate themselves in service. 3 The turbo chargers tended to break down a lot hence 6000 to 5000 HP down grade. Baldwin did get everything fixed but it was to late EMD had taken over.

Would anyone have any information on the coal wharf at Denholm Pa ? Have found some pic's . looking for charts or any info .

364b39e4c593c867bba47c4ba958f246.jpg

964ddf6b4ab416351146acf4e471f0a5.jpg

18739943_10155474405007682_8179938939895742761_n.jpg

Matt

I have only seen a few pictures of it. You could try contacting the Pennsylvania Technical & historical society. I am sure they would have some information.

I have tried them before , and will do so again now . Thanks Ken . But on the site . It states that no information can be given that's not already posted . And I'm looking for anything to do with the area . I just got more info on Lewistown . So I'll be redoing it now :hehe:

Matt

Thanks ...But it's still vary ruff . I'm guessing at tracks from photos . The plans are to kitbash a lot of the wharf . So I can do the one at Jonhstown . But I have the added problem of that one being on a grade . So a static possibly .

Thanks again

Matt

Back