It was a good day . Didn't get many this year :hehe::cool:
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Matt

Railwoodman,
Those are really cool shots of the tower and underpass. That really looks great! :cool: It even looks familiar, which makes it even neater.

Heinrich505

Happy 2021 and hopefully a better one ahead. ;)

Excellent pictures Folks,

I especially like the Snow Scene, Post Card perfect.......

shebashetan7
Like the Reskin and Kitbash........Looking good Sir......:cool:

@shebashetan7 Great work! The new PRR L2s reskin/kitbash really looking good. :cool: I note the correct locations for bell, headlight and generator vs the original USRA 2-8-2A design.

No. 9627 eastbound accelerating thru Mt Union.

Bob Pearson

Bob . A Q if I may . Would you happen to know how far the duel gauge track went from Mount Union past the transfer wharf ?

Matt

PS. Nice shot BTW

The transfer wharf or platform near the engine house? The dg into the transfer ended at the west end of the platform. On the EBT track north of the retaining wall, the 3'dg continued west to the EBT passenger station, crossed Jefferson St and went as far as the Harbison-Walker Refractories Company. I think the EBT only had leased track rights from the PRR to use the track going to the station and brick works. There was a dg spur into the brick works but I don't know if the dg extended any further beyond that along the PRR yard tracks.

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
Thanks for your info . I just order a book about Mount Union and the EBT . I have conflicting chart to how far the SG went . I'm interested in the brick works and coal coming out of the branch .

Rebuild X 3 of Pitcairn or Wall yard . Turtle Creek will also be getting a revamp :eek::hehe: We live and learn . I've always been a East slop guy , as to most of my interest . But have found a new respect and admiration for the Western slop and works along the line .

See ya soon .

What anyone thoughts on restarting the PRR club thread ? As a place not to clutter up this thread ?

Matt

Thanks for your info . I just order a book about Mount Union and the EBT . I have conflicting chart to how far the SG went . I'm interested in the brick works and coal coming out of the branch .

Rebuild X 3 of Pitcairn or Wall yard . Turtle Creek will also be getting a revamp :eek::hehe: We live and learn . I've always been a East slop guy , as to most of my interest . But have found a new respect and admiration for the Western slop and works along the line .

See ya soon .

What anyone thoughts on restarting the PRR club thread ? As a place not to clutter up this thread ?

Matt
I sure wish those C430s were still available. Have a CDP?

Didn't know they weren't ? I'm going to do some digging . I thought I got them from The Erecting Hall site . But couldn't fine them . If anyone knows why they may have been taken down . And if it's OK to share ?

matt

Hello Matt and company, I believe the larger Alcos and MLWs that were on The Erecting Hall have been taken down for some upgrades. I'm not sure when, but the plan is to have them available again in the future.

Missed this . Thanks for that info . PBY357 .I was thinking I was going nuts . But your post reminded myself of reading that also .

Matt

Railwoodman,
Those shots are very nice! I'm guessing the first and second images are looking from the direction of the arrow in the below image. It's really cool watching your progress.

Heinrich505

MY4snO7q_o.jpg

Heinrich505 yes it is .:D To all who read this thread . I would be vary grateful for information and track charts for anywhere alone the Pennsylvanian Rail line . In or out of state . I love to build and run this route . And plan to give out to those who wish a beta of the route . If ya want one Please PM me with a way to send it to you . But I'm getting tired of having to rebuild areas . Pitcairn is such one I'm looking for better charts . With building marking and industry . If you can help in anyway with any areas . I would be so grateful . I had thought a lifetime of modeling would be enough . :eek::hehe:

Books and information that is published would also be helpful .

But detailed maps and charts are needed from Philly to Pittsburgh to all points south and north .

I thank you

Matt

Railwoodman,

I really enjoy the "Triumph" series by Roberts and Messer. Unfortunately, it seems like they are a one edition publication. They are getting exspensive, but are worth the investment. For Christmas I was able to get "Sand Patch" by Roberts, just for the Cumberland Narrows portion, it's a great book, and I'm not even a fan of the B&O :eek: I haven't had time this week to work on mine. I'm almost complete with the grading between Bedford and Cumberland. I have some "re-work" to do. I decided on using a narrow gauge fill with rail and tie only, to me it gives a better branch line feel than using FMA bank splines. I'm still going to use FMA for the mains.

Kind regards

Last edited:
The "Triumph" series is one I wouldn't even be able to try and do this if I hadn't had . My collection was once complete . But now I've had to reorder II and IV . With other . But my PC hasn't like the sharing of it's desk . So it's kind of been a pain of love to work from the books . :hehe: There also not cheap :hehe: The library of Congress has also been a good place for info .

My biggest issue hasn't been finding good charts . But finding that some are missed labeled by time and location . Making me having to redo section I had thought looked good , or as close a I can get . Along with photos .

But thank you for your recommendation .

Matt

The Pittsburgh Passenger station and yard is one I'm kinda looking forward because of getting some nice charts and map of the time frame I was trying to model . Then It will be to tackle Harrisburg and Philly again . Which I'm needing a lot of better charts .:hehe:

PRR

Back