PRR Screenshots

Props to whoever can tell me where this is based on:

2020-11-09_141346.jpg

Props to whoever can tell me where this is based on:
I believe that's the New Haven line in New York back in the 60's?
also what's the name and KUID of that black switchbox on the right? That looks like the switchstand that's missing from the Dreaming Pennsylvania 2 route I have according to some photos.

Jacksonbarno,
I think that it's the exit from the tunnel under the river when coming from Penn Station up into the Sunnyside yard. I think Ajrod1226 is on the right track with his assessment, pun intended.

Heinrich505

PBY357 had it right, it's the PRR's cut through Bergen Hill in Jersey City on their branch to Harsimus Cove/Exchange Place. The station to the left is based on the H&M's Journal Square station.

Also, two quick questions to y'all, how have you improvised single track PRR catenary, and how do you wire up junctions and crossovers?

Last edited:
State-Line%2C-PA-Bedford-Division.jpg

The crew of M-43 (timetable freight State Line to Altoona) talk over their days work before their 8:01 am departure with L1s #552. M-43 will depart with 4 boxcars, and will pick-up a few cars at Hyndman interchange with the B&O, pick-up assorted cars at Bedford, Claysburg, and Imler on their way to Altoona. On the next track is H8sa #1821 and rear snapper preparing to pull and shove another load of Western Maryland RR and Cumberland and Pennsylvania RR coal upgrade to Buffalo Mills where the snapper will be cut-off and return to State Line for another trip. The coal is bound for the Greenwich Coal Pier in Philadelphia.

I have uploaded my DEM. The kuid is <KUID:318195:100164>. It has no track or anything, just the DEM. I don't have anything near enough completion to upload. I thought I could include the tga files, but it didn't work, so anyone who would like the tga files may inbox me, and I will send them, when I check my inbox, which is not regular. If someone knows how to compress the tga files, I'll try that route to upload them.

PRR1361, thanks. I'll definitely have to take a look.

You mention the H&BT in the description. On my EBT map I extended the PRR to just beyond Huntingdon because at one time I thought about including the H&BT. It competed with the EBT for the coal mines on EBT's Rocky Ridge branch.

I actually had an island of baseboards out in space where the H&BT ran in one of my MD/HOG versions of the EBT because the TIGER line data for the H&BT didn't get fully erased. It was there for a long time before I even realized it. I do have some of the terrain for it in the current version. I'm using TransDem now so adding in baseboards for it should be no problem. Though like the PRR outside Mt Union on my route I suspect most of it won't be more that track work if I decide to go there.

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
I'l be taking a look myself . So thanks PRR1361 .

Altoona west hump Take two . :eek::cool:
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

And the Eastern Hump also reworked

Jumping around while working on large routes . Not a good Idea I've found . But why change now . :hehe:

Well.................. back to work

Be well Be safe

Matt

PS Bob , your shot on the K&L thread was fantastic sir .

Wow Matt great work on Altoona, awesome to see that as I am currently living in Altoona and recognize some of it, although Altoona is a shell of its former self as a railroad town. I drive over the 17th street bridge and see the now-defunct JK tower almost every day. Very cool.
I'm currently obsessed with a modern fictional route, when I get bored with that I'll get back to posting Pennsy stuff.

CMB "The Packer" drifts downgrade through the Gallitzin tunnels heading to Altoona with M1b 7110 on point. Arriving in Altoona, 7110 will be cut-off, cattle will be fed and watered, and an H8 or H9 will take the head-end, making the trip to Harrisburg with a stop in Huntingdon for ice.

CMB-%22The-Packer%22-drifting-downgrade-through-the-Gallitzin-Tunnel-heading-to-Altoona.jpg

I am working on transferring my WIP of the Bedford Division to Trainz12, then I will be able to upload it to the DLC. It will have a different kuid so as not to interfere with anyone who has taken on the DEM as a personal route building project.

It truly makes me happy to know other have worked on this route . The resent uploads have been fantastic also in helping myself get mine more to what I hoped other have shown .

Running this route is a job in it's self :hehe:

Matt

Enola well under way

Back