PRR Screenshots

Ken ... Yet again with the pic's made to look like there in game :hehe::D

Man your hard to follow

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Matt

A Q to anyone who might know of content to make a older round brick kiln . I'm looking for the type used at Mount Union Pa /

Pic's to follow
mount-union-silica-brick-company_1_e5bd32b784a4af523715515d72989dfa.jpg

matt

BTW .. Ken .....Nice shot sir . Well done work .

Last edited:
A Q to anyone who might know of content to make a older round brick kiln . I'm looking for the type used at Mount Union Pa /

Pic's to follow

matt

BTW .. Ken .....Nice shot sir . Well done work .

I suppose you've looked at steveflander's <kuid:169585:40002> SF bottle kiln, I think I saw something bendorsey did too but I haven't found it yet.

Edit: I thought you said an old kiln made of bricks, but now I realize you said an old kiln for making bricks. :hehe: AKA a dome kiln.

I did find <kuid2:82763:1090:1> 25m Square Brick Chimney which appears to match the PA chimneys. fwiiw

BTW, Steve's <kuid:169585:40001> SF lime kilns makes a pretty good stand in for an early PA iron furnace. Something like this;

:D

Last edited:
A Q to anyone who might know of content to make a older round brick kiln . I'm looking for the type used at Mount Union Pa
matt
So am I Matt.

I've got 3 brick refractories to model for industries in Mt Union as part of my layout. NARCO and General Refractories used round kilns. [edit] Harbison-Walker Refractory 1st used square kilns but was rebuilt using round ones before the 1920's that I'm modeling. The square ones were unusual for brick kilns. I've also have to model the EBT coal cleaning and preparation plant and the PRR tie preservation (creosote) plant/yard to round out the major industries served by railroads in Mt Union.

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
re post #1784 scratchey

Thanks for the compliment scratchey. The JR Tidewater route is one of the best.
I am attempting to see what buildings/textures etc I can make fully seasonal.
Tidewater (amended) is therefore very much a slow WIP.

Re post #1781 Railwoodman

Thanks for the compliment Matt. I like your shots on the new "scratchey" route.

Cheers, Ken

Added a turn off the mainline at Tidewater. Turns out there is just enough track space for 2 mains or 3 if you wanted it.

Taking Bill Klene's PRR H9 from his pre-K&L days out for a spin
… Pic removed …
I do the same occasionally.

Hard to believe that it is the only model in Trainz representing PRR H8, H9 & H10 classes of consolidations. They had over 1500 in the 3 classes and they didn't differ much in appearances. They hauled a lot of freight for the Pennsy, Lines West and LIRR. Some lasted up til the end of steam power.

I always wanted to give her a new paint job. I wish we had 1 or 2 more like her.

Bob Pearson

I do the same occasionally.

Hard to believe that it is the only model in Trainz representing PRR H8, H9 & H10 classes of consolidations. They had over 1500 in the 3 classes and they didn't differ much in appearances. They hauled a lot of freight for the Pennsy, Lines West and LIRR. Some lasted up til the end of steam power.

I always wanted to give her a new paint job. I wish we had 1 or 2 more like her.

Bob Pearson

Oh we will have an H10 at some point. ;)

Back