PRR Screenshots

The models were made in 2012, with a bit primitive texturing at best. They lack specular mapping, and they also lack PBR texturing, which is the biggest reason for them looking the way they do in Trainz 2019. Eventually I want to allocate some time and put a lot of my older models from the early years through a makeover since they were basically made to 2004/2006/2009 specs. They've luckily survived up to 2019, but they are definitely showing their age.

-MP242: I tried doing that after you posted it but I couldn't seem to do it right, I don't think the boiler2.tga has an alpha channel (correct me if I'm wrong). I used GIMP btw.

-Steve: Even after all these years they're still some of the best PRR models I've seen!

Coal Country for 2019 is absolutely beautiful!
tU3zmly.png
WwLqXZh.png
WK7xJXU.png

Yea.. That's what pushed me over the edge and get TRS19 before I really was ready to do so . I'm liking the way all the engines are looking in the version . Plus there's a C1 out there now . LOL The K&L work still looking good in my opinion . Just getting the transfers in working order . Pain in the A@# .

BTW really nice shots guys ..

Matt

My own route didn't take 2019 to well . So I'll be reworking it a lot and only use what's on the DLS . As for Home rails ..........I downloaded the Phil to Pitt DEM . And I was given another DEM from Phil to Washington to Pitt . My PC didn't like it well . The one on the DLS has no data to help ware tracks and things went . But I have a lot of books on the PRR . And some of the screenshots posted , have me wanting to give a try at it . I have rail run all the way to both points . Grades , curves , and yards are being worked out of a time frame from 1934 to 1950 . I'll start posting when I feel I have something to show . Altoona , Johnstown , Derry and many other places researching , and learning more about the PRR . And I was thinking I knew a lot . LOL But The Nation's on going problems have put my health issues on hold . Stay safe . Stay well . Best of luck to you all .

Matt

PS ..... More PRR pleas , All the Steam from K&L looks vary nice in 2019 . I haven't come up with any issues with anyone's work so far :)

Last edited:
Back with some more coal country stuff, did reskins of Landrvr1's RF-16's. I think they turned out much better than my older versions. Also have I1sa's on the rear shoving the ore train.
DUby2H5.png
r9PCbHm.png

Railwoodman,
Nice shots and I hope the physical ailments are easing up on you. Is that the Susquehanna Bridge? I was hoping for a Dreaming Pennsylvania WIP3 when you recovered sufficiently - I think it is a great route already. It's amazingly atmospheric and captures the PA scenery so nicely.

I've been playing around with Jrfolco's DEM from Philly to Harrisburg. At present, I'm trying to recreate the Broad Street Station in Philly (before it burned), along with the Chinese Wall, but it's not coming easy. I've got the Triumph III book from Messer on order - they are amazing books (I have Triumph II) but geez they are pricey. Guess that is just because they are for a niche market.

It's exciting to hear what you and others are thinking about for PRR routes.

Glad to hear you are somewhat on the mend.

Heinrich505

Yea , that's the Rockville bridge . Dreaming Pennsylvania is still my first goal to complete , or update . But it's transfer into 19 didn't go as hoped . So I'm reworking a lot of the content . My hat's off to ya for tackling the Broad Street Station . I have plans myself to try . But the Zoo , Lancaster , and other points East of Harrisburg are going to be challenge enough . I have all but one of the Triumph line of books . Still needing charts for certain areas , for details of tracks . I have one DEM with all the Data on it , and the Jrfolco's DEM Philly to Pitt . I use the one to work the other . One day I'll have a PC that I can run the better one . But I do like the blank DEM . Gives you what if's . Plus I really needed to be able to have a nice area to run the MP54's and P5a, GG1's , E44. LOL

The Horseshoe Curve and Altoona Is another area I'll be working . Right now I have four track's laid from Pitt to the Zoo . With yards started at Enola , Harrisburg , Lancaster, Johnstown , Derry , and a few other . But all just vary ruff . Dreaming rout will be the major working for a while .

Thanks Ken

Matt

hey guys i downloaded the Dreaming Pennsylvania route and its missing about 300 assets..... im going to start googling them to hunt down as many as i can but didnt know if someone had an asset pack somewhere that could knock out a large chunck of them

I have a thread with the kuid's listed . I have been working on up dating to only DLS content . But PC issues have me handcuffed to how much I can do at a time . The TANE version was planned to be updated . Now I being made to chose because of lack of HD space . So it will haft to be 19 unless I get a fix in . Sorry . I had planned it to be done by now . Best laid plan ......

Matt

no problem how do i find that post? 19 is perfect since thats what i have, ive gotten it from 315 so about 280 missing so far!

Back