PRR Screenshots

Matt, I'd love to see Dreaming finished, even if it meant you slowing down work on the Pittsburgh to Philly route. Dreaming is such a neat route and has so much potential. I've only just scratched the surface on that, but I didn't want to get too involved in starting to work on the route, on the off chance that you might return to it someday. Looks like that might have been a good call. Your skill at creating and/or completing the route far surpasses what I could hope to attempt.

I don't think you driving a train from Pittsburgh to Philly is strange at all, haha. In fact, that's what I've been hoping I would be able to do someday as well. ;)

Regards,
Gary

Matt, I just tried loading your route into my TRS19, but it doesn't show up. Is it for SP3?

I see it in CM, but it doesn't show in the routes listed to the game. Odd.

Matt,
The first thing I tried to do with your route was to run a 25 car fully loaded coal train over the Horseshoe Curve, with a single Decapod. I was spinning wheels before I was fully out of the yard. So, I spirited up a pusher Decapod. The two of them managed a decent showing. In Cab mode, once I got some momentum going and gained speed, I kept the cutoff at 30% and Regulator at 100%, dashing back and forth between the two engines to keep things pretty much the same, add coal and keep water levels proper. I was able to maintain about 20 mph to 28 mph the whole way up, which is really decent. I did stay in the slow lane, haha.

Really nice job so far on the route, and your progress is commendable! :cool:

Gary

Laughing at your comments . I now only run my engines up front because of the switching back and forth .:hehe: Vary glad you having fun . Still can't get the route to upload ? but I'll figure it out . More done . changing out tracks and making improvements as I go . Better charts are giving me a better working base .

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Matt

Last edited:
Quick question, were some of the textures // other details off of JR? I tried loading the Pittsburgh - Harrisburg route in TRS19 But all of the textures, a good majority of track, road, and buildings // other things didn't load. I wasn't sure if it was still a WIP or if I was just missing dependencies.

Last edited:
I'm in the process of changing out the tracks yet again . But yes both some tracks and textures are from JR or https://socaltrains.weebly.com/trackside.html ...

Matt
Dl'd them yesterday and your route a couple days before. I'll probably be using Trainz Forge new pro track packs on TRS19 versions of my own route - primarily for the ng content. Immense selection but the 1 thing I find annoying is the shine at some sun angles. A PBR material problem that probably is not to difficult to fix. I got a pm request into Daniel about modding them but no reply. I cloned a bit of it so far to make 3 rail dg both 3' and 2' for the Mt Union area. 2' stuff is for the PRR Tie Creosote Plant. They make functioning dg turnouts and better looking but still missing 3rd frog/toad and 4 guard rails. Just another problem with the design of the procedural track implemented by N3V. But I like his treatment of the EBT's 3'ng track. I'll need to make fill versions to replace most of my old track on the route.

That's for the future right now I need to convert it to non PBR for use in TANE but if not I'll have to come up with another pro track solution.

It's been 50 years since I rode the Paoli Local - I lived in Malvern area for many years. Looking forward to taking a virtual ride in the near future.

Many thanks,
Bob

Dl'd them yesterday and your route a couple days before. I'll probably be using Trainz Forge new pro track packs on TRS19 versions of my own route - primarily for the ng content. Immense selection but the 1 thing I find annoying is the shine at some sun angles. A PBR material problem that probably is not to difficult to fix. I got a pm request into Daniel about modding them but no reply. I cloned a bit of it so far to make 3 rail dg both 3' and 2' for the Mt Union area. 2' stuff is for the PRR Tie Creosote Plant. They make functioning dg turnouts and better looking but still missing 3rd frog/toad and 4 guard rails. Just another problem with the design of the procedural track implemented by N3V. But I like his treatment of the EBT's 3'ng track. I'll need to make fill versions to replace most of my old track on the route.

That's for the future right now I need to convert it to non PBR for use in TANE but if not I'll have to come up with another pro track solution.

It's been 50 years since I rode the Paoli Local - I lived in Malvern area for many years. Looking forward to taking a virtual ride in the near future.

Many thanks,
Bob

See post #7 in this thread on how to convert trainboi1's PBR ballast into Non-PBR ballast: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?163164-Trainz-Forge-Release-1-April-2021-KO-amp-G-And-Nothing-Else

Been busy lately, had an opportunity to work on the route a little.

Baree%2C-PA.jpg

PRR HH-1 #3396 Eastbound with black diamonds for coastal markets. Crossing at Baree, Penna.

While on vacation there was a stop at Tyrone, PA, and some pictures were taken of the wye there, the pictures are on my Facebook page "PRR Branch Line Trainz."

Great work by all in this thread and much appreciated. Re post #2356 by jacksonbarno - have attempted to PM that gentleman but system will not accept - mail box is apparently full!

However, will he, or anyone else, please supply me with any information on the availability of the PRR Baldwin RF15 and Alco FA, A and B units that are featured in photo's 1 and 2 of his post. Have looked on his site but they don't feature. They would fit in very nicely in a WIP Moshannon Valley coal route.

Thanks and regards

John Webster

Back