PRR Screenshots

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

matt

PRR1361,
Really nice Grif Teller backdrop. You just reminded me about his work. I especially like his GG1 artwork. I just spent some time staring at all his cool works and wondering how I would afford them, haha.

Thanks for sharing.

Heinrich505

Railwoodman,
The rocky face on the inside of the curve looks really good. I especially like the third shot, as that escarpment really stands out well!

Heinrich505

Portal-Farm.jpg

So, everyone knows how busy the Pennsy can be, and how Trainz 2010 doesn't like more than 47 drivers at a time, the answer: meet the "Portal Farm." Each portal handles a specific division and timetable. For example, All Middle Division Westbound Passenger service emits from one portal, while Middle Division Westbound Freight emits from another, and driver leaves at the other end.

The scenario works this way: 1) Portal Timetable Rule emits on schedule with driver using "Driveable Model T" 2) Using DCC commands, driver rear ends (couples) to Model T at other end. 3) Using "Move to Trackmark" driver leaves car and reports to work assignment 4) After work assignment, driver returns to appropriate trackmark where the "car" was parked. 5. Before driver "decouples" and departs out of exit portal, the line of cars is advanced using DCC commands to keep vehicles close to the trackmark.

Finally did it, upgraded to Trainz2019. Here is a photo of my Pennsy Roster, thank-you to wgkandsk, K&L Trainz, and Greencoast Studios.

Family-Picture-in-Trainz2019.jpg

Left to right - A5s, B6sb, C1, D16sb, E6s, E7s, G5s, H6sb, H9s, I1sa, K4s, L1s, and, M1b.

9UDTWmI.jpg

Yes I am alive and well. 2020 hasn't been the best for everyone myself included. I am back now and wanted to share I will be redoing and working on the PRSL Cape May Branch. From Tuckahoe to Cape May with Wildwood and Ocean City branches included.

Qazwaseat,
Hey, glad to have you back. I was wondering if you were doing okay.

The map looks really good. It's nice to have you back in the fold again.

Heinrich505

...redoing and working on the PRSL Cape May Branch. From Tuckahoe to Cape May with Wildwood and Ocean City branches included.
Qazwaseat, thanks for this. Looking forward to seeing it come together. I always like G. Fisher's Cape May County. Never seemed to find all the unknowns but that didn't stop a run thru the pine barrens now and then.

I toyed with doing a South Jersey route at one point - was hoping to get 1 or 2 of the grand kids involved and maybe my son. I may still get one started. PRSL had around 400 miles of track in south and west Jersey.

Looks like you're using a new DEM. Are you using TransDem to develop the route?

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
Hey guy's and gals . I've been rebuilding my inventory back now that I have a PC that can handle my work load . After backing things up and redownloading . I'm still missing a key kuid ! Some one knows where I might one may find it . <kuid:156765:220013> GATX Tank GATC 10000 . I've looked at JR , DLS , K&L . I'm not being held up by it . But it's in a lot of my consist . And some payware consist . This has been a subject of conversation before . But I had thought it was easily found . My mistake :hehe:

BTW Have really been enjoying the posts .

Matt

Last edited:
A couple of shots from my Trainz 2019 Bedford Division route

H6sb-1222-handling-empty-hoppers-bound-for-State-Line%2C-PA.-Passing-through-Cessna%3C-PA.jpg

H6sb #1222 heading railroad westbound through Cessna. Originating from State Line heading to Altoona.

WB-Coal-headed-by-%231222-H6sb-in-Reservior%2C-PA..jpg

H6sb #1222 heading westbound through Reservoir, PA.

H6sb-%231222-crossing-Newry-St%2C-Hollidaysburg%2C-bound-for-Altoona-from-State-Line-with-Maryland-coal..jpg

H6sb #1222 crossing Newry St, Hollidaysburg, PA. An helper will tie on and help shove all the way to the Eastbound receiving yard in Altoona. When the hoppers cross Juniata Scales, it will be sorted into trains heading for Greenwich Yard in Philadelphia for markets either in New York City, or overseas export.

Going from Trainz10 to 2019 has been a little of a teeth-gnashing, and getting used to the differences in the user interface :eek:. But so far so good. :)

Last edited:
Back