Page 146 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147 LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2198

Thread: PRR Screenshots

United States of America, Texas, Dickinson

Railwoodman,
    Those shots are very nice! I'm guessing the first and second images are looking from the direction of the arrow in the below image. It's really cool watching your progress.

Heinrich505

Blog Entries

Heinrich505 yes it is . To all who read this thread . I would be vary grateful for information and track charts for anywhere alone the Pennsylvanian Rail line . In or out of state . I love to build and run this route . And plan to give out to those who wish a beta of the route . If ya want one Please PM me with a way to send it to you . But I'm getting tired of having to rebuild areas . Pitcairn is such one I'm looking for better charts . With building marking and industry . If you can help in anyway with any areas . I would be so grateful . I had thought a lifetime of modeling would be enough .

Books and information that is published would also be helpful .

But detailed maps and charts are needed from Philly to Pittsburgh to all points south and north .

I thank you

Matt
    work hard, Play harder

Railwoodman,
    I sent you a PM.

Heinrich505

Railwoodman,

I really enjoy the "Triumph" series by Roberts and Messer. Unfortunately, it seems like they are a one edition publication. They are getting exspensive, but are worth the investment. For Christmas I was able to get "Sand Patch" by Roberts, just for the Cumberland Narrows portion, it's a great book, and I'm not even a fan of the B&O I haven't had time this week to work on mine. I'm almost complete with the grading between Bedford and Cumberland. I have some "re-work" to do. I decided on using a narrow gauge fill with rail and tie only, to me it gives a better branch line feel than using FMA bank splines. I'm still going to use FMA for the mains.

Kind regards
    Last edited by PRR1361; January 9th, 2021 at 11:00 PM.
    Facebook: PRR Branch Line Trainz

Blog Entries

The "Triumph" series is one I wouldn't even be able to try and do this if I hadn't had . My collection was once complete . But now I've had to reorder II and IV . With other . But my PC hasn't like the sharing of it's desk . So it's kind of been a pain of love to work from the books . There also not cheap The library of Congress has also been a good place for info .

My biggest issue hasn't been finding good charts . But finding that some are missed labeled by time and location . Making me having to redo section I had thought looked good , or as close a I can get . Along with photos .

But thank you for your recommendation .

Matt

The Pittsburgh Passenger station and yard is one I'm kinda looking forward because of getting some nice charts and map of the time frame I was trying to model . Then It will be to tackle Harrisburg and Philly again . Which I'm needing a lot of better charts .

PRR
    work hard, Play harder

Blog Entries

work hard, Play harder

Been doing some work around Hyndman, PA. View looking railroad East (South).

Facebook: PRR Branch Line Trainz

Blog Entries

PRR1361 Keep um coming sir

Just a photo op to play around

Matt
    work hard, Play harder

Railwoodman,
    The photo op is great! I love seeing the progression. Looks like Pitcairn Yard is really coming along.

Heinrich505

On a cold, grey, winter's day, a pair of MP54 "Portholes" accelerates out of the Morristown Station, heading for points west.

Blog Entries

I haven't seen that route . Superb shot . I really need to get back the high wire again . Wow .

West Hump testing

Matt
    work hard, Play harder

Thumbs up

Hump Yard looks really good there, was wondering are you using Brake Retarders in the Hump Yard?

Thanks for sharing..........

Edit Update:"Thank you ...........BLue .All the yards that have humps , will have retarders in the yards ."

Thank you Sir,,,,,,,No easy task that is for sure.........Keep up the good work............!
    Last edited by blueodessey; January 13th, 2021 at 12:45 PM.

Blog Entries

Thank you ...........BLue .All the yards that have humps , will have retarders in the yards . I will need to relearn how I can make the humps automatic . But just getting the major trackwork down is my goal right now . And there's a lot still to be done . And more I need info on . The southern mines , and steel mills ta boot . Pittsburgh and Philadelphia will be a test themselves . But some rebuilding will be going on all along the main route . Mostly done but not finished are Enola , Altoona , Johntown , Hunting and many more I won't list . Towers will be the next placement for AI traffic that need a lot to make the route work .

Conway may be included . But I want to extent the line further Northwest into Ohio . I'm needing to learn more about the Pittsburgh area lines . Which will include the B&O and other roads .

PRR

Matt
    work hard, Play harder

Railwoodman,
    I'm with Blue on this. +1 The hump yard shots are fantastic! They really give a feeling of the detail being put in by you. Great work!

The route I took the screen shot on is Morristown & Erie, a route put together by GFisher and then updated to TRS19 by Grazlash. It is very prototypical. I don't know how much PRR traffic actually ran on the route, as they had their own equipment, but until there are actual PRR routes (other than the NE Corridor) that I can run, in my world the PRR runs there quite frequently.

I love your progress. Thanks for posting.

Heinrich505

Quote Originally Posted by PRR1361 View Post
    Been doing some work around Hyndman, PA. View looking railroad East (South).

B&O interchange?

If yes are you going all the way into cumberland?