PRR Screenshots

PRR........mow bridge work
97cf37b03a6b94bfd3c207a0d31d62a3.jpg
8b79d3bd4f5b5b6b18ebd814f343ab20.jpg

Nice Track ... what is it in PRR Screenshots ?
===========================

MP Track wood v2 <KUID2:69871:2004:2>

Philskene reskined this track, I suppose he contacted Josef Pav or Lotharhake of HP Trainz, in order to do so, as did Kemplen ?

I suppose if I wanted to reskin, and release, this track of his, that I would also need to contact him first.

As it is a chunky mesh track, it has a hump to the center, and most people do not use chunky mesh tracks anymore ... I was wondering if this reskining project of mine, MP Track wood v2, is a complete waste of time

Does it work in T:ANE ?

The reason I like Josef Pav's: MP Track wood, MP Track Rusty, MP Tunneltrack Dark, and Transition Track by Kemlen, is because it's framerates on a low end PC are fabulous, and it curves fabulously even in the tightest turnouts, without kinking.

I have tried hundreds of different tracks, and quite allot kink horribly in turnouts, and when you lay a 36 track yard the framerates come to a single digit crawl.

The best looking ones are RTS Tracks, and they kink and drop my framerates to 0.5 FPS, locking up my PC.

I want to reskin a set of tracks that are very low poly, and create the look of completely sunken ties, almost buried in cinders, and others that are completely sunk in cinders, dirt, iron ore, coal, or snow.

Is this a complete waste of time ... and is it possible to contact the original creator for permission ?

Does anyone know how to contact Posef Pav or Lotharhake ?

======================================

Having a low end PC does have one advantage ... as if you place a high poly asset, it shows like a barometer, by lowering the framerates to single digits ... telling you that the asset is high poly

cascaderailroad ....... MP Track wood v2 <KUID2:69871:2004:2>

This was also my track of choice till 2012 , and works well in TANE . I have searched like you for the great equilibrium between look, poly count , and curves and switches , Yards like the one you are working can easily eat up PC power .

But have tested all the MP tracks , and they work great in TANE 84204

Ken Again really nice shots , just cant say it enough . Fantastic work . Thanks for sharing .

Matt

Like I said I am searching for a set of tracks that are very very very low poly, and does not kink in turnouts, for 36 track yards, and create the look of completely sunken ties, almost buried in cinders, and others that are completely sunk in cinders, dirt, iron ore, coal, or snow.

9b01247f84cf34c213869152be16a5d0.jpg

Last edited:
Like I said I am searching for a set of tracks that are very very very low poly, and does not kink in turnouts, for 36 track yards, and create the look of completely sunken ties, almost buried in cinders, and others that are completely sunk in cinders, dirt, iron ore, coal, or snow.
Im case you didn't already know, ekankal has a few low poly track assets on the DLS, which make use of the look you desire in buried sleepers.

Just a thought here, in listening to the description of what your looking for in Tracks, re low poly, since you don't need to see the ties, would Dock Rails accomplish the same thing, and be less of a Poly Count?

Edit Update: OK cascaderailroad, was worth a shot........Hope Ekankal's track works then....

Last edited:
I will have to check out Ekankal's track, I believe it is similar to roz and beton track I tested ... which has shadows that play with your eyes, shadows reversing every 4 ties, makes an optical illusion with your eyes, where you can not distinguish ties from ballast every so often (I reskined them once, and reversed the odd shadows)

I am really looking for a track that is filthy dirty, and even more almost totally sunk in the cinders, with just a hint of wood ties showing trough every so often

Even more partially sunken than this ... such as near steel mills

RailroadTracksSunken.jpg

railroad-tracks-run-between-the-remnants-of-the-former-us-steel-picture-id630589520

Quite allot of the PRR track was so greasy and grimy that it had 1/2' of filth crud attached to the tails and ties, and where coal and cinders accumulated after several decades the ties were barely visible, especially in coal yards

A rails only track would require much fine tuning to get the ground textures to look right, and I have never seen a respectable looking rails only track, as they look like UTC bar stock or round tubular rails

Last edited:
RE Post #1145 cascaderailroad

Hello cascaderailroad,

The track used is from a pack by Maki user-kuid 202718. Get it from Polish Trainz Team http://www.trainz.pl/

Look for Tory/Lewary.........tory V3 maki and tory V3 maki...........you might also like tory drStrach by drstrach.

You will need to up-date config etc to TANE standards as tracks are TRS 2004.

Having done that, I lower the track to suit.

ps plenty of other excellent stuff at this site.

Cheers Ken

2ad4fc_0f045c15f5db455c9058853049500516~mv2.webp

Just a little something I made a while ago. I can't remember what route I used...i think it was a DMIX Paper route or something. I thought it looked good. I love these engines. They are so realistic and almost steam-punk.

This is my choice of track , I'll get the kuid for anyone interested . But it has fit well with my expectation for my own work . But my other work , I've been using JointedRail track .
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Ken the link you showed didn't work for me , but if this is the track shown in your shots ? I'm vary much interested in them .

More PRR

What I'm really needing is a good catenary the could be built up in complex areas . Georgefishers and RRSignal have a fantastic selection . But Gfishers is only made or release for four track , and RRSignal isn't to PRR spacing . And just can't get the right feel mix matching with other and older content .

The yard to the left is supposed to partially under cat , any suggestion are welcome . ( Except the one of doing it myself . I'm working on that one already ) :hehe:

Matt

11/2016 - This exPRR X29 boxcar has been used for storage in Lewistown for decades. It has some unusual details for an X29 including the vertical mount brake wheel and marker brackets. It's still sitting on trucks

Just thought I'd share

16463461_10158355688715637_662348529976595082_o.jpg

Matt

I wonder if we could get the RRMPA to save the boxcar before it rusts away. It would be a cool addition to their collection.

I wonder if we could get the RRMPA to save the boxcar before it rusts away. It would be a cool addition to their collection.

The Railroad Museum of PA already has an X29, so I don't think they'll want another one, the sad truth is that they only have so much money to work with, so saving multiples of the same class of car would probably be low on their list of things to do. Perhaps if it was in some way significantly different, like it was a later-era model with the Dreadnaught ends, the one the museum already has is the earlier style with plate ends but it has had it's original door replaced with a what I believe was called a "Youngstown" door.

Here's a webshot of the museum's X29, not sure how old the photo is: http://www.totalracing.com/ebt/large/P8083165.jpg

As of the last time I was at the museum in December, it was still out in the yard and was "un-restored".

Regards,
Mark

Last edited:
I would think that it will be in Lewistown forever (as it is out of the way in the NE corner of the yard, in the weeds)

Due to having inoperable air brakes, broken safety appliances, and friction bearing trucks, it could no be rolled by rail 72 miles to Altoona. Which would require a crane at both locations, and 2 lowboy flatbed trucks (one for the boxcar, one for the trucks). It would not be allot cheaper to move it via a RR flatcar, load on it at Lewistown and offload it at Altoona. Surely a 1 million dollar investment, for a bucket of rust ... not everything can be saved from the cutters torch, just because it has a PRR keystone stenciled on it

A guy in the west end of Altoona had a N5 caboose ploped into his backyard, how he got around Code enforcement is unknown. The Altoona RR Museum might be an option

Last edited:
Back