PRR Screenshots

Railwoodman and PRR1361,
Those are really nice shots. You both are doing an amazing job at bringing the PRR to life again. It's great seeing your progress.

Thanks for posting the screen shots. :cool:

Heinrich505

Just playing around today. Happy Thanksgiving All

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Matt

Western-Maryland%2FPRR-Cumberland-Narrows.jpg

Western-Maryland%2FPRR-Cumberland-Narrows.jpg

PRR-Cumberland%2C-PA.jpg

PRR D16sb #1052 leads the morning passenger train from the State Line Branch onto the Western Maryland Railway main at the Cumberland Narrows heading to Cumberland, MD. Here 1052 is seen crossing from right to left, the Baltimore and Ohio; Cumberland and Pennsylvania; Wills Creek; and, the National Highway.

An utterly ominous sky portends rather rough weather ahead, as through passenger train 5038, a K4 in a somewhat rare configuration with smoke deflectors, and a long coal train headed by a "Decapod" are held up by signals. There is trouble on the line ahead, probably caused by severe weather.

F0f1FVLh_o.jpg

As expected, bad weather finds the passenger train, shortly after departure.

The photographer was rushed in setting up the shot, so heavy snowfall and train speed combined to blur the engine slightly, as it careens around a superelevated section of the track, banking into the turn. Visibility is really poor, so there won't be any chance of making up time for the schedule. Everyone is late today.

ivZ5ZpnW_o.jpg

Working a little on fixing my DEM up a little for a future update. Tracing H&BT trackage using Google Earth and USGS Historical Topographical maps. The bright green line is the track being traced. The upper picture is with topo, the bottom is Google Earth.

Map-work.jpg

Map-work.jpg

Fantastic shots ALL . PRR1361 , love the DEN's if you do improve them . I'll be the first to DL . Anyone know of a DEM that has the North West section of Pittsburgh . I've just realized my map doesn't quit make it to Conway . Just short of the rivers bend .:hehe: Harrisburg and Enola had a major rework and repair . But I'm finely back to whare I lost all my work . Except catenary .

Matt

ve
Working a little on fixing my DEM up a little for a future update. Tracing H&BT trackage using Google Earth and USGS Historical Topographical maps. The bright green line is the track being traced. The upper picture is with topo, the bottom is Google Earth.
Yes, great tools and GE Pro is a free dl for anyone interested. I use them a lot in fact I just checked and at Broad Top City you're only about 2 miles from the EBT in Robertsdale.

Keep on tracking.

Bob Pearson

Mr. Bob,

Yes sir. Google Earth is very handy, I used it to fill in the gaps for the Bedford Division, the New Portage Branch, and the Hollidaysburg and Petersburg Branch; Altoona Northern (Wopsy); Bellwood Branch; and, Tipton Railroad. I have the lines done for the Tyrone & Clearfield Branch done, but I am going to do one update with the PRR lines. There is still the Tyrone & Lewisburg Branch. As I was doing some research on the Moshannon Valley, there is also the New York Central; Pittsburgh and Susquehanna (locally known as the "Alley Popper"); Pennsylvania & North Western; and in Curwensville, the Baltimore & Ohio. It is very tempting to add to the map from Huntingdon toward Harrisburg to pick-up the EBT. Kind of foaming about K&L Trainz future release :D I have to go find the information again on how to make USGS NED using GIS GRASS to import into MICRODEM.:eek: I saw also on my DEM that I have the B&O branch into Johnstown with the line running from Cumberland via Sandpatch, and about 5 miles is missing, and if I add that, it'll probably take me all the way to Pittsburgh. If I add the east part to get to Harrisburg, might as well finish the Bald Eagle Branch to Lock Haven, with the Bellefonte Central, and the Snow Shoe Branch. I think my like of belpaire boilers running through valleys and over mountains might get me long-term issues.:hehe: Skimmed through some pages of Branch Line Empires and it is unreal the amount of coal that was shipped down over Sandy Ridge Mountain.

PRR-%26-NYC-in-Philipsburg.jpg

A PRR H9 heading into Philipsburg on its way to the mines toward Clearfield, PA. At the Philipsburg (Chester Hill) Depot, a Pittsburgh and Susquehanna passenger train is preparing to depart and head west through the Moshannon Valley making stops at Osceola Mills and Houtzdale and other villages along the way.

Last edited:
Here's a first for me- posting a screenshot of my own WIPs on the forums.

I see that my good friend kcwright_rm has already gotten to posting a screenshot of it, but I thought it would do the model more good by posting a TRS19 screenshot here.

50684693482_31250c4cb3_b.jpg

The model, as you can see, is K4 #1361. It is still a work in progress at the moment, and it isn't finished yet. However though, it is complete enough to look amazing in Trainz.

PRR-Bedford-Division%2C-State-Line.jpg

Early morning coal drag passing the yard limit signs of State Line. Bedford Division regular #1821 on lead, heading to Altoona. At 5:30am the staccato exhaust of 1821 and the snapper pushing echo through the valley.

Back