PRR Screenshots

Long Island Railroad, in an era before bi-levels, cab cars, and MTA

2020-03-23_190619.jpg

Deadpoolmx55............ Your shots you posted and uploaded are absolutely fantastic . I was given a DEM that I had started to fill in my own work on top of someone else's . But had to Delete it over a disagreement . But your shots have lit a fire to to get my version up to this point sir .
Shebashetan...............That route has been my goto for PRR 4 track of late . Nice shot . Keep um coming ..

Matt

Last edited:
Beautiful pics Deadpoolmx55! The engine details really pop in the closeup under the signal bridge. :cool: The haze in the background is a nice effect and causes one to focus on the engine in the foreground.

Heinrich505

Hi Ken --

That Q2 4-4-6-4. I have exactly the same question. I seem to recall that K&L had it on their "Projects" page but it disappeared. Maybe one of them escaped? Maybe it was a commissioned project? Maybe deadpool has the only one in existence? Who knows, but it's damn impressive.

This is the real one:

6131_by_rattlerjones_ddesslu-fullview.jpg

Notice the inverted funnel above the lead bogie? I've seen similar on the New South Wales Government Railways Garrett locomotives. It's a speaking tube to take the sound of exploding detonators into the cab. An exploding detonator on the track, set off by the pressure of the wheels to warn the driver of a danger ahead, is ear rupturing loud. It just shows how incredibly loud the locomotives must have been in the cab when running if a speaking tube was required to alert the Engineer. No Occupational Health & Safety then?

Phil

Greencoast Studios said that they were making a Q2 on their 'Projects' page. He's probably beta testing it for them. It's for TRS19 only as it uses PBR textures.

Due to electrical difficulties on the Main Line from Philly to Wilmington, the GG1s could not continue but the Congressional had to stay on time. One of the new Q2 Steamers was pulled into service to run the Congressional to Wilmington, where a GG1 would be waiting to continue on to Washington DC.

Startled bridge workers on the High Line scrambled to catch a picture of the Q2 streaming by with her passenger consist, wide open for Wilmington.

Heinrich505

htEziG1N_o.jpg

Hi everyone,
Here are three screens inspired by O. Winston Link iconic pictures.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

And finally some hope for the current situation...take care and good luck!

Cheers,
Filippo

Filippo,
Very nice screen shots. They are evocative of O. Winston Links' amazing work. I especially like the second shot of the two engines' linkage highlighted.

Engine 9604 and consist on a fast run east. Next stop is Lerro City.

Heinrich505

dI4WCvdb_o.jpg

Hey everyone!

Thought I'd throw a screenshot in here as well. Sorry if the K4's are all shiny I have no idea how to fix that or if it even can be fixed. Still trying to figure out the best settings and lighting for Trainz 2019.
uaBuVtJ.png

Back