PRR Screenshots

Matt,

I agree, the road bridges at 17th street and a few others are rather unique, I haven't seen anything similar to them either. The Pennsylvania Pratt works well for the 7th street bridge. I also used it to for the Route 36 bridge across the Hollidaysburg yard. I used a different road superimposed to hide the spline joints. It'll be awhile before bridges for me becomes a thing. A spline would probably be better, as it would give flexibility for use in other places. I changed the config files in some of Ben Neal's fixed bridges so I could "roll" them to match the grade. I have used some of the iron Settle and Carlise Bridges, they seem to be a good fill in for some of the steel bridges the Pennsy used. I also use FMA for the roadbed and stone arch bridges.

I got the idea for a tower kit from PRR325's towers with the signs.

Alan

Rt-36-bridge-across-Hollidaysburg%2C-PA-railyard.jpg

Here is a Clinchfield RR bridge that found a home on the Bedford Division.
PRR-Bedford-Division.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you .....Some more of Altoona Western hump yard . Still a lot of reworking to be done . But it runs .:)

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

On to the Works . Oh boy :confused:

Matt

Fireman Jenkins takes a moment, while checking out the "doghouse" on his assignment, to wave to the crew of a fellow passing Decapod. He saw their assignment on the ready board this morning. They are headed to Harrisburg to drop the freight in the yard. "Lucky bums," he mutters to himself. They will likely pull night overtime on the way back, if they catch a consist that is heading east.

"Jenkins, are we all set?" calls his driver for the day. "Just checking the coupler," he calls back. He knows that they will likely have this coal run all finished right on time. No overtime on this run. Maybe next time. He sighs heavily and gets the tender checked out.

Life on the railroad.

tmLlepGH_o.jpg

That route hast to be my all time go to for a good run . Fantastic shot ..Lot of action to boot . :D

My take on Huntingdon . Yes I know it's not to the charts . But I like the running so far .

Altoona West receiving yard as ? sort of what was planned 1929 redesigned . Again not to exact charts .

And new K&L joins the roster

Matt

Railwoodman,
Thanks for the compliment.

I think Altoona looks superb! It's coming along so nicely.

Not being overly familiar with the Huntingdon yard, I'd say it looks really nice. I did see a photo of a huge icing station there.

You are putting in some really cool work on this. Very nicely done.

Heinrich505

Dreaming isn't finished . Was close . Now I've taken what was off the PC . The last posting of Dreaming was 2 months ago . The Monster has taken away the star light . But it was being worked . A time frame of hours taken on all my work . Can't be made public due to the wife having reading rights of the forum . But here's a clue . Over 400 pot's of coffee , Tea , a lot of beer . As little sleep the human body can handle .

Matt

Matt, first of all I love your route screenies. That looks like a colossal project you've undertaken, the trackwork alone looks amazing, and I can't wait to see it once you've started adding scenery!

One thing I've noticed, the hump yard towers in Altoona were made of stone, not unlike the PRR AG tower recently uploaded to the DLS:

E_ALT_05APR64_15_B.jpg

Thanks ... jackson . Yea I know the tower is missing . As far as I know it hasn't been made yet ? Thanks for the heads up on that . The western Hump yards is somewhat based on the 1929 planed rework . That never happened . The tower wasn't taken down in the reworking of the yard . But two newer one's were placed in the staging areas . And I'm no ware close to a finished Altoona . And I'm still not really happy how the yard looks track wise yet . On top of all that . I made a really really dumb misstate and lost what looks to be 3 weeks work . And believe it or not . I'm still feeling out 2019 right now as for scenery as too what I'll be using .

Your shots of your routes have been what I like in look . And must say are impressive themselves .

Matt

Back