PRR Screenshots

Phil ....yea not getting it for that exact reason was why I waited . But ya see , it's got PRR on it . A mere mortal like myself just can't let a good engine down . Funny thing is my younger days of modeling HO . That was the battle between my father and I . And I was the gloss guy . :hehe: Still ....I can say I'm vary happy with both the Q2 and C1 . Plus the 060 that's free :D and cars .

I'm trying to find a way of putting a passenger station on a grades . Is this possible ? And dose anyone know of any good poling car's ? Pennsy prefers .:hehe:

Anyone know when the Icing plant at Hunting lasted too . And on that note was there an Engine house there ?

Matt

PS Phil ...... That's a nice dock switcher :D

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Matt

Your route is a Masterpiece Sir :mop: I've always enjoyed seeing Pennsy or your route and the other roads on it . Fantastic shots . Looks like you've got some well done custom cars as well .:D Just wish they came with sound .:hehe:

Matt

On an unusually warm Fall Saturday afternoon, with traffic sparce on the Northeast Corridor, a pair of PRR E-44 "Bricks" gingerly back a load of tank car empties from Baltimore onto the yard throat at the Marcus Hook, PA refinery. Care must be taken as the throat is not electrified, so a long string of boxcars are being used as as "reachers," to move the tank cars off the main and partially into the yard.

w1zHJvTZ_o.jpg

On the other end, a huge PRR Transfer switcher waits for the consist to be cut loose by the GE-44s before pulling them further into the transfer yard for sorting and delivery.

AJdgjijf_o.jpg

Heinrich505 Nice shot sir :D That's what I'm taking about ....Pennsy all around :hehe:

Got more done at Altoona . So I thought it was time to play .

Matt

Railwoodman,
I love the variety of engines. They look really neat, and the trackwork looks super.

In many photos of PRR yards, you can see all sorts of different classes getting lined up ready for the work day. The yards are positively smoked in. Your shots above really remind me of those photos. :cool:

Altoona is looking very nice, and yes, you've earned some time to play.

Heinrich505

Eli and Ken . Thank you .

Didn't get a lot more done at Altoona . I tent to jump around a bit . But progress continues .

Jack.... Thanks PRR325

Matt

Awesome work, Matt, I know what its like to work on a monster route like that. Seeing those blank base boards reminds me of the early days of the L&A. Stick with it as it is worth it in the end. :cool:

Dave

view_media_post

It's a nice summer morning at the New Portage Junction, as L1s 101 passes SN (WYE) Interlocking Tower taking M-42 eastbound from Altoona to State Line on the Bedford Division. I just finished the tower, it has been submitted for approval and upload to the DLS, The KUID will be <kuid2:318195:2510700:1>. This one has about 5,000 polys, there is no interior, that would have probably put it over 10,000. The SN Tower is based of off plans for the "J" tower at Strasburg in Model Railroader (July 1995), along with scouring the internet for pictures, and the information available in Altoona and the Pennsylvania Railroad: Between a Roar and a Whimper. The signs are a mesh, and can be changed for other tower names as well. From the pictures it appears that SN had internal instead of external stairs. I tried to go for a look that would fit between 1920 and 1945.

Man ..... New Tower's . New signs . Some vary good looking routes . Fantastic shots all around . PRR pride :D

Mine go boom . Changed out tracks . Just getting thing settled . :eek::hehe:

Matt

Great shots, all! :cool:

Railwoodman, I love your progress. It is looking really great.

PRR1361, that tower really looks sharp, especially with the bay window. That is very well done and will be a welcome addition.

Heinrich505,

Thank-you, it's the second building I've done. I'm working on an ALTO model. The first version will be a pre-1933 look, and an after 1933 look. SLOPE interlocker was moved in 1933 to ALTO causing the odd shape. SLOPE and WORKS are similar in construction. Those are the next ones on my list. Don't know how soon of course.

Back