PRR Screenshots

I remember building part of Enola for one of my routes that is sitting on my hard drive. It was pretty crazy and I think I only got an average of 10 FPS!

PRR Catenary Pole-

I'm currently making a set that consists of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, and 8 track catenaries. Let me know if you want a specific type. I'll gladly make it for you.

Petrama! Wow! Could you do some higher towers for Rail bridges or getting the wire over a highway like this
5722788391_bb60984125.jpg

or like this?

BTW in answer to your questions about Metroliners there is an acceptable pantograph somewhere.... if you give me a moment I'll find the Kuid, as ford horns they had RS3L's... here is a good example

( KenRuof ) You mean I haft to rebuild my yard again .:eek::hehe: I'll look will into that, thank you ?:confused: A question, was it an updated . ( PBY357 ) Love that shot, I do really need to get back to STRASBURG .

( petrama ) Wow , beggars aren't choosy , But what has been asked for ( I'm asking ) is yard cat, high poles for going over bridges . But what you have papoose is great :D

To put any PRR layout section under Pennsy Cat is something I have wished for a long time . Gfishers was great, but only for 4 tracks , there others but never worked or looked the way I wanted .
PRR%20catenary.jpg
THORN-47sw+AC-Motor-Stop.jpg
Viaduct01.jpg
qtXR3.jpg

Matt :D

( KenRuof ) You mean I haft to rebuild my yard again .:eek::hehe: I'll look will into that, thank you ?:confused: A question, was it an updated . ( PBY357 ) Love that shot, I do really need to get back to STRASBURG .

( petrama ) Wow , beggars aren't choosy , But what has been asked for ( I'm asking ) is yard cat, high poles for going over bridges . But what you have papoose is great :D

To put any PRR layout section under Pennsy Cat is something I have wished for a long time . Gfishers was great, but only for 4 tracks , there others but never worked or looked the way I wanted .

PICTURES REMOVED

Matt :D

I remember taking that last pic. That was back when I tried to quad-track the whole UMR 2013 route and electrify it. My biggest hurdle was not having good catenary for anything other than a 4-track mainline. I'm definitely looking forward to new catenary. Hopefully we'll get the PRR signals from JR sometime soon to go with these.

I am not sure what she did but the TS12 version of the hump tower works fine. Nice PRR Catenary, will definitely put this to good use... thanks. Agreed a very nice pictures of #90, I too have to get back there, it has been awhile.

Thanks 'fellas but the picture of 90 is not mine... just something I wanted Petrama to see about how the Catenary crosses Rt 30. Tomorrow I'll have some shots a my fictional PRR Route and maybe I'll take you guys to South Jersey with some PRSL stuff.

Thanks everyone! Those pics will help. I have a few of those done right now. They are in my thread-http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?120882-PRR-Amtrak-Catenary-Project&p=1415392#post1415392 More will be coming soon.

PBY357- I have to do some 4 track versions for that 2nd pic and finish that bridge. IDK if I should make one large spline or a few separate ones.

Railwoodman- I do have some yard cat, but it is still in its early stages.

DJReonic- Yep. That's the problem I ran into when making many of my routes too. I am keeping my fingers crossed that JR will release those awesome signals soon.

Petrama, thank you for your willingness to work from our request. If you ever need help with anything PRR related I'm sure all of us regulars in this thread would be glad to help1 Thanks again :)

I realized how ironic it is that in the pic of the high-speed train, Strasburg 90, and the Rt. 30 bridge how only the steam locomotive still survives today.

Big Question ... Why do we all do it ?

I was running my WIP route yesterday, and from CP Conpit, through Johnstown ... by the time I reached Portage it took over 1/2 hour of looking at trackage going under my FOV ... My GF remarked sarcastically "WOW ... That looks so real ... It's just like being there" (she's a real fun sucker ... sucks the fun right outa' life like "mega maid)" ... "Can you blow the horn and ring the bell" ? WOW ... "It's just amazing, driving a train for 4 hours" !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWNJZrdn7i4

Last edited:
Because it's fun! If you have to "sit though" hours of driving maybe that type of gameplay isn't for you. I like switching because it's challenging, and I like route building. If you don't like something, why do it? This isn't work for you, so don't do stuff you don't like in it. Don't force yourself to work on a route if you have a good idea for something else.

I generally don't drive my trains unless I am switching, I put them on AI and go do something else. I also build my routes from a rail fan point of view as I like watching steamers going by.

Tell you what ya do, start a HO, G or any scale layout . Hour's just build the route, not to mention money for wood, track. switches, engines and so on. Not to mention a room or house for said layout. Do this for , ohh twenty years, then see if she minds four hours in front of the PC. :hehe:
trainz%202015-05-30%2015-44-56-62_zpsb7aqkcl1.png
It's the cheapest way out

Tell you what ya do, start a HO, G or any scale layout . Hour's just build the route, not to mention money for wood, track. switches, engines and so on. Not to mention a room or house for said layout. Do this for , ohh twenty years, then see if she minds four hours in front of the PC. :hehe: It's the cheapest way out

Less trouble looking for a basement with a house on top and more flexibility!

But you can't go outside during an apocalypse.

*a band of zombies/marauders/enemies attacks above bunker*
Post-Apocoylptic Railfan: Quick! To the live steamers!
*escapes successfully by driving about 20 feet away*

I know that G scale is not a live-steamer.

Back